As an American I have to say...

Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:10 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As an American I have to say...

:
Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
As an American the outcome of the election left me feeling shame and anger. I'm a proud Republican but more than that I'm a patriot to the United States. But what took place on Nov 8th was the watering down of an office that was once held in high esteem. That is no longer true. We allowed a racist xenophobe to stain the reputation of a nation simply because he convinced a percentage of our fellow citizens that he could deliver to them a few shillings of gold. They sold out their country in hopes of enriching their pockets. Sadly they will soon learn that not only did they fall prey to a convincing conman with nothing positive to show for their obedience but the harm Donald will inflict on our rights, riches and honor might take years to restore. I like many Americans feel soiled.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
5) Corruption. They were apparently willing to overlook Trump's corruption while simultaneously holding it against Clinton. I don't understand this double standard, personally. ...
It's the type of corruption.

Hillary Clinton's campaign received very large sums of money from the same Saudi princes that financed Al Qaeda, and now ISIS. It fits right in with Clinton's modus operandii. Which is to stir up wars all over the world and supply armaments and money to both sides. Correction, many sides. As in "I came, I saw, he died".

If she had indeed followed through with imposing a "no-fly zone" over Syria (which she promised to) then the Syrian air force and the Russian aerospace force would have continued flying. If an aircraft had then been shot down the Russians would have fired back destroying American aircraft, quite possibly destroying the aircraft carrier or airfield from which they launched the attack. Would she have been willing to back down at that point or are we firmly on the road to unlimited worldwide nuclear war?
Well? Which?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:40 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
It's the type of corruption.

Hillary Clinton's campaign received very large sums of money from the same Saudi princes that financed Al Qaeda, and now ISIS. It fits right in with Clinton's modus operandii. Which is to stir up wars all over the world and supply armaments and money to both sides. Correction, many sides. As in "I came, I saw, he died".
Clinton's campaign didn't receive any money at all from any Saudi Princes. Sorry, but if you voted based on that information, you voted based either on a lie or a misconception.

Foreign donations to US political campaigns are highly illegal. Of course, Trump solicited them... but I guess we'll overlook that.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton's campaign didn't receive any money at all from any Saudi Princes. Sorry, but if you voted based on that information, you voted based either on a lie or a misconception.

Foreign donations to US political campaigns are highly illegal. Of course, Trump solicited them... but I guess we'll overlook that.
It was the Clinton Foundation that received donations from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States during Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ca6_story.html
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

"Clinton's modus operandii. Which is to stir up wars all over the world and supply armaments and money to both sides."

This is a ridiculous statement. And your "If, if, if, if, if's are as well.

Have you actually paid attention to all that Hillary has done in her lifetime? She's spent her life trying and succeeding in helping people.

There is so much wrong with this man and the possibilities of what can go wrong based on what we actually KNOW about him , including what we saw over and over during the campaign and since he was elected, are endless and frightening. Do you watch the news? Have you got blinders on? The man is dangerous. The future is going to be a challenge at best here in the US.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:53 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It was the Clinton Foundation that received donations from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States during Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ca6_story.html
I'm well aware of that. But there's a big difference between "Clinton's campaign" and "Clinton's charitable foundation". One is illegal, the other isn't.

Edit - just realised you said while she was Secretary of State. That's not actually true. They gave before and after she was SoS but not during that period.

Last edited by Wintersong; Nov 13th 2016 at 3:56 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm well aware of that. But there's a big difference between "Clinton's campaign" and "Clinton's charitable foundation". One is illegal, the other isn't.
That may be true. But legality is the only difference.
Everything Adolf Hitler did was legal under German law.
It's still mass killing of people for sadistic pleasure.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 3:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

At the very least it's a major conflict of interest. This debate is interesting because everyone is arguing like it's a zero sum game. It's not; both candidates represented appalling choices.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
That may be true. But legality is the only difference.
Everything Adolf Hitler did was legal under German law.
It's still mass killing of people for sadistic pleasure.
SO now you're equating Hillary with Hitler?

Can't wait to see what you'll say next....
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

At the very least it's a major conflict of interest. This debate is interesting because everyone is arguing like it's a zero sum game. It's not; both candidates represented appalling choices.
There was only one APPALLING choice...and he won...the stupid electoral vote. Hillary GOT MORE VOTES BY THE PEOPLE.

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Nov 13th 2016 at 4:14 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
There was only one APPALLING choice...and he won.
And 45% of voters couldn't be bothered to vote for either.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:17 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Clinton was an appalling choice at all. And I don't see the 'conflict of interest' created by foreign powers donating to a charity with which she only had an arms length connection. Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to public service. She would have made a fine president.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't think Clinton was an appalling choice at all. And I don't see the 'conflict of interest' created by foreign powers donating to a charity with which she only had an arms length connection. Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to public service. She would have made a fine president.
Amen.

I worked as a volunteer for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

In addition, I saw to it that buses came to pick up people without cars in my area and brought them to the polling place to vote. People who didn't vote in this election are partially responsible for the outcome.

I'm devastated by the fact that she didn't win along with millions of others, many thousands of whom have been protesting across the country for days as you may know.

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Nov 13th 2016 at 4:36 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 7:59 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I was very disappointed too.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a conflict of interest in foreign donations going to a very highly rated charitable organization that spends 87% of its donations on charitable causes. The work that they have done in the area of AIDS, in particular, has been of huge benefit to the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.