Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The adventures over, I want to go home

The adventures over, I want to go home

Old Jun 1st 2015, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The adventures over, I want to go home

Just adding an update to this.
After 2 months of careful consideration and research in returning to blighty, I have decided that it's just not worth the risk.
The only pull I have is an emotional one, the desire to be closer to my boys, but once I remove that from the equation, there is simply
too much risk involved in permanently relocating. The employment and financial implications are just too great if things didn't go to plan.
So, we are going to carry on with lives here in NZ. I've said all along I do love living here, it was just the paternal urge I couldn't shake,
that was spoiling things. So, its onward and upwards from here on in, and start saving my pennies for my holidays and visits.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The adventures over, I want to go home

Sometimes you just have to way up what is best for YOU, as you have said you can always save up and have holidays with your boys, you can always see if they will meet halfway to save on the cost. Good luck with everything