Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

40 days and we're going back, help required!

40 days and we're going back, help required!

Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 40 days and we're going back, help required!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
This thread's been great. More aggro than Sarah Platt's hen night
ow wer, what happened with that?last time i saw Correy ,she was only a youngster????
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
ow wer, what happened with that?last time i saw Correy ,she was only a youngster????
Second attempt at marrying the same guy (first time round he legged it out of the bathroom window). Psychotic brother trying to ruin all the plans, groom's gay brother turning up unannounced, Sally Webster throws a glass of red over said bride to be (a result of lamenting lost youth and pent up sexual frustration at not having knocked hips with her daughter's teacher).

It's a rich tapestry alright
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Second attempt at marrying the same guy (first time round he legged it out of the bathroom window). Psychotic brother trying to ruin all the plans, groom's gay brother turning up unannounced, Sally Webster throws a glass of red over said bride to be (a result of lamenting lost youth and pent up sexual frustration at not having knocked hips with her daughter's teacher).

It's a rich tapestry alright
Bugger,i just dont know what im missing ,eh!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
You moved back to the UK and took your/his kids with you - what exactly did you expect your husband to do woman ??
Come to his senses!

Which he thankfully did!!! Oz isn't for everyone you know.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:11 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
Thanks for you concern Cricket and no, my mind is made up. My flights are booked and the kids start school/college on the 5th January.

I've always put my kids first and will continue to do so - my OH knows what i'm like, we've lived together for 20 years (16 of them with children) and everything i've ever done has been with them in mind, which is something i'm extremely proud of. My OH must make his own decision, which as far as i'm concerned is, stand by your family and stop being selfish.

That's it from me on the subject - thanks again for you concern.
I really wish you the best of luck. However, my ex and I always put our children first and in the end we divorced after 20 years. We were so busy making sure they had the best education, sports experiences, etc., etc., that we forgot about our marriage, and when they didn't need us as much when they got older the marriage fell apart. Hindsight being 20/20, the best thing for my kids would have been seeing their parents take care of their marriage and knowing that they (the kids) were not the center of the universe. Hopefully, your hub will follow you back.

Last edited by tamms_1965; Dec 7th 2008 at 2:17 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I really wish you the best of luck. However, my ex and I always put our children first and in the end we divorced after 20 years. We were so busy making sure they had the best education, sports experiences, etc., etc., that we forgot about our marriage, and when they didn't need us as much when they got older the marriage fell apart. Hindsight being 20/20, the best thing for my kids would have been seeing their parents take care of their marriage and knowing that they (the kids) were not the center of the universe. Hopefully, your hub will follow you back.
I agree there is a danger in putting children first, we only have our lives once, they will grow up and have there own , and won't want you having any say in it, never forget each other and find time for each other, ... thats what the children would want too
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:15 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackuk
I agree there is a danger in putting children first, we only have our lives once, they will grow up and have there own , and won't want you having any say in it, never forget each other and find time for each other, ... thats what the children would want too
She is just using the kids as an excuse anyway, so don't worry about it.
Only one person has been put first here.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

She is just using the kids as an excuse anyway, so don't worry about it.
Only one person has been put first here.
Yup, it seems like the OH is the one who is putting himself first here - he wants his dream and the rest of the family want their reality so what is wrong with that?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:38 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Yup, it seems like the OH is the one who is putting himself first here - he wants his dream and the rest of the family want their reality so what is wrong with that?
Yeah - you are right.
The family have moved half way across the world and any husband worth his salt would pack it all if his wife gets a bit homesick and wants to leave after a month.
If she really didn't want to move she could have said so before they did, and let's face it, she doesn't seem like the shrinking violet type who would have been afraid to say beforehand, does she ??
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah - you are right.
The family have moved half way across the world and any husband worth his salt would pack it all if his wife gets a bit homesick and wants to leave after a month.
If she really didn't want to move she could have said so before they did, and let's face it, she doesn't seem like the shrinking violet type who would have been afraid to say beforehand, does she ??
The rest of his family, not just his wife, and who knows until you get here whether or not it is going to meet your expectations. I would expect a husband to support his wife, yes. OTOH mine doesnt so what do I know?!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

The rest of his family, not just his wife, and who knows until you get here whether or not it is going to meet your expectations.
It's pretty unusual to know definitively after just forty days whether or not one's expectations will be met.

I would expect a husband to support his wife, yes. OTOH mine doesnt so what do I know?!
So you would also presumably expect a wife to support a husband then? And that that support would extend to giving a venture that they jointly undertook a fair shot?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:44 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

The rest of his family, not just his wife, and who knows until you get here whether or not it is going to meet your expectations. I would expect a husband to support his wife, yes. OTOH mine doesnt so what do I know?!
Miserable troll is miserable.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:50 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It's pretty unusual to know definitively after just forty days whether or not one's expectations will be met.

So you would also presumably expect a wife to support a husband then? And that that support would extend to giving a venture that they jointly undertook a fair shot?
Thanks just crazy talk
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Giantaxe

I dunno, sometimes there are things that you just know in your gut is the right thing (or not!) to do and it doesnt necessarily have to take 40 days either. When you have kids of teenage years your decisions sometimes do have to be quite quick because if you screw it up for them it is an irrevocable screw up - education can be very tricky to chop and change in the later teens.

If the wife were the only one unhappy then, yes, probably I would suggest that she suck it up but here you have 75% of the family who arent happy - see the difference (and dont blame the OP for being the driving force behind it, her kids may well hate the change as do many kdis of that age).

I think folk are giving the OP a hard time and name calling when it is quite unjustified and they dont walk in her shoes - neither do I and though my initial response would normally be to give it a bit longer (not because Australia is paradise but it appears that folk who go back quickly seem to ping pong more than those who have given a good deal of their lives to trying to hack it here) in this case I can see a good reason for why she and her kids should go back.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Miserable troll is miserable.
Um, scuse me? Are you implying that I am a miserable troll?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.