British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   4 days to go.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/4-days-go-278936/)

scottish Jan 20th 2005 10:02 pm

4 days to go....

and we are off.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support and to all of those waiting for that golden day to arrive, it will be here soon enough.

Safe travels to everyone heading back this year.

See you on the other side.

xx

psb182 Jan 21st 2005 12:06 am

Re: 4 days to go....

Originally Posted by scottish
and we are off.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support and to all of those waiting for that golden day to arrive, it will be here soon enough.

xx

hope you have a great trip and enjoy it back home....where are you coming from?

marbles Jan 21st 2005 1:15 am

[QUOTE=scottish]Safe journey, don't forget to tell thouse of us on the countdown how you get on and what you feel like when you get there
best wishes

scottish Jan 21st 2005 2:32 am

Originally Posted by psb182
hope you have a great trip and enjoy it back home....where are you coming from?

We are heading back from New Zealand alot poorer but happy.

Cant wait to get back to the land of the living.

Marbles, will update on our arrival. Wont be long for you.

xx

psb182 Jan 21st 2005 2:41 am

We are heading back from New Zealand alot poorer but happy.

Cant wait to get back to the land of the living.

Marbles, will update on our arrival. Wont be long for you.

xx

don't know about NZ but here in the USA I have been 20 yrs and got 1 real good mate.......had many friends in England but people are different here......I am sick and tired of feeling I am in a rat race and I am the only rat running

Deb+Chris Jan 21st 2005 2:52 am

We too are off home in 2 days from New Zealand.

Had 9 months here and look forward to being home.

Scared, excited, worried, all at once, but sure it will be OK.

fubar Jan 21st 2005 3:01 am

don't know about NZ but here in the USA I have been 20 yrs and got 1 real good mate.......

LOL - I feel exactly the same mate except I cannot even say that one exists. Having just returned from london and having things to do/people to meet with every night, it just makes me feel even more glum about residing here for the rest of our life.
Good luck to everyone on this thread that is returning - although you may be in a worse position finanacially at least you can look forward to the social life...

fubs

psb182 Jan 21st 2005 3:04 am

Originally Posted by fubar
LOL - I feel exactly the same mate except I cannot even say that one exists. Having just returned from london and having things to do/people to meet with every night, it just makes me feel even more glum about residing here for the rest of our life.
Good luck to everyone on this thread that is returning - although you may be in a worse position finanacially at least you can look forward to the social life...

fubs

you can't go home?......I just woke up and realized that 1/2 my life is over and do I want the rest of it here and it scared the hell out of me

Kayser Soze Jan 21st 2005 4:15 am

and we are off.

xx

Good luck, sure it will be OK.

Do what I always do and ask yourself 'what is the worst that can happen?'

Oh yes....you might want to come back... :scared: :scared: :scared:

K.S.

scottish Jan 21st 2005 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Kayser Soze
Good luck, sure it will be OK.

Do what I always do and ask yourself 'what is the worst that can happen?'

Oh yes....you might want to come back... :scared: :scared: :scared:

K.S.

LOL.. if I ever miss life in NZ, big if, I will remind myself what we went through and then turn off the central heating and say "nah bugger being that cold again".

I might even take some Watties Tomato sauce home just to add the icing on the cake. LOL

Lenmil Jan 21st 2005 7:16 am

LOL.. if I ever miss life in NZ, big if, I will remind myself what we went through and then turn off the central heating and say "nah bugger being that cold again".

I might even take some Watties Tomato sauce home just to add the icing on the cake. LOL

Hey Scottish good luck with your move mate. We are almost packed, then when our stuff is on its way we book our flights and were off. Walked through Hagly park today to meet the family after work and was a little sad, but then i remembered seeing the big log truck outside a neighbours house dropping off firewood. Then it all came flooding back....chopping wood in the rain, dragging it in the dark, waiting for the house to heat up, waking up in the morning with my ears hurting because they are frozen ( no kidding ) scraping out the fire before it lights, hoping the wood is not wet because of the wind and rain....etc etc etc. Then go to work and hope the house does not burn down. Aaahhhh the memories. :scared:

scottish Jan 21st 2005 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Hey Scottish good luck with your move mate. We are almost packed, then when our stuff is on its way we book our flights and were off. Walked through Hagly park today to meet the family after work and was a little sad, but then i remembered seeing the big log truck outside a neighbours house dropping off firewood. Then it all came flooding back....chopping wood in the rain, dragging it in the dark, waiting for the house to heat up, waking up in the morning with my ears hurting because they are frozen ( no kidding ) scraping out the fire before it lights, hoping the wood is not wet because of the wind and rain....etc etc etc. Then go to work and hope the house does not burn down. Aaahhhh the memories. :scared:

Funny enough we were looking at rentals on the net and there was a cracker that had a lovely woodburner in the livingroom........... but it still had central heating lol.

Good luck to you to mate.

xx

Deb+Chris Jan 21st 2005 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Lenmil

Christ, you could be talking about us there!! we were in Dunedin and that was our entire frigging life... buying wood,chopping wood, moving wood, drying wood, trying to light the wood, it went on and on. People tell us we have 'the lifestyle' in NZ... yeah right.. the wood lifestyle! my husband may have been only 4 minutes from work but he would give himself an hour every morning just to sort out the fire! he he.. won't miss all that.

melaniee Jan 21st 2005 10:50 am

Good luck Scottish and Deb and Chris and any others. Think of you all-and your dog Scottish!
Let us know how you get on.

and we are off.

xx

callé Jan 21st 2005 11:57 am

you can't go home?......I just woke up and realized that 1/2 my life is over and do I want the rest of it here and it scared the hell out of me

EXACTLY!!! My only regret is that I did not start this process of going home YEARS ago!
Best of luck to you all that are returning soon. Please let us know all the joys of being home. It gives us a bit of happiness while we await our return date.