British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   11 Weeks and Counting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/11-weeks-counting-761953/)

Back2UK Jun 17th 2012 2:03 am

11 Weeks and Counting

Only 11 weeks left in Canada before I make the trip back home(UK).

Applied for 2 jobs (what I did before I left the UK), container arrives in UK next week, dog has had its 1st vet visit in prep of flying, car is nearly sold(2 interested parties) and leaving party booked.

I guess I am nearly there, yeahhh:)

Mummy in the foothills Jun 17th 2012 2:06 am

Re: 11 Weeks and Counting

Yeahhh! :thumbsup:

Pombat Jun 17th 2012 2:19 am

:thumbsup:

Back2UK Jun 17th 2012 2:25 am

Thanks guys we are very excited.:)

lf1 Jun 17th 2012 1:47 pm

YEE HAW!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Moggiemiss Jun 17th 2012 3:53 pm

:thumbsup: Sounds great Back2UK!! The next few weeks will pass quickly and you will soon be back enjoying the remainder of our Great British Summer!!!

jemima55 Jun 17th 2012 4:11 pm

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Be careful, though, I`m finding the food tastes so good in the UK I`m sure to be piling on the pounds. It`s great to be back!

Brigette Jun 17th 2012 9:03 pm

Sweet! Excited for you :thumbsup:

sallysimmons Jun 18th 2012 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss (Post 10124065)
.... and you will soon be back enjoying the remainder of our Great British Summer!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Good one!

Seriously though, good luck with the move. I'm back and I love it, bad weather and all.

Moggiemiss Jun 18th 2012 11:10 am

Hey Jemima, I am with you on the food .... I am like a kid in a sweet shop in tesco .... English cheeses at affordable prices, sausages that don't have skins that came off someone's old shoes, fresh lamb, proper puddings, scones and not tea biscuits, jammy dodgers, Branson pickle, back bacon, daddies sauce ... I am eating far too much comfort food in this awful summer weather ....

curleytops Jun 18th 2012 11:22 am

Good luck with the move, you'll be back before you know it!

margaretmwilson Jun 18th 2012 12:18 pm

I've been home five months now and I LOVE it. Okay so the weather stinks but I will not allow it to get me down, I just put my umberella or my hood up. I've been working full time since March and its a busy job but I love it. I'm just waiting to complete on a house in my home town and can't wait for the OH to come back in July. The dog settled wonderfully. We go for long walks now unlike in Florida when I couldn't even get him out from under the bed to go for a little tiny walk. He loves being back in the cool North East air.
Enjoy your last few weeks in Canada and I hope your transition is as easy as mine was.:thumbsup:

stroudie Jun 18th 2012 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Back2UK (Post 10123293)
Only 11 weeks left in Canada before I make the trip back home(UK).

Applied for 2 jobs (what I did before I left the UK), container arrives in UK next week, dog has had its 1st vet visit in prep of flying, car is nearly sold(2 interested parties) and leaving party booked.

I guess I am nearly there, yeahhh:)

Hi,

We have just come back from a 5 week trip back home and are now planning our permanent retrun after 16 years in Alberta. I have a couple of questions:
What container comapny did you use and did you pack it yourselves?? Why did you use a container instead of regular movers?
Will your dog have to go into quarantine? Does he have a pet passport?

We are planning to be back home by this time next year and are getting excited about the move already. Good Luck John.

Back2UK Jun 18th 2012 3:04 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words.:)

Back2UK Jun 18th 2012 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by margaretmwilson (Post 10125383)
I've been home five months now and I LOVE it. Okay so the weather stinks but I will not allow it to get me down, I just put my umberella or my hood up. I've been working full time since March and its a busy job but I love it. I'm just waiting to complete on a house in my home town and can't wait for the OH to come back in July. The dog settled wonderfully. We go for long walks now unlike in Florida when I couldn't even get him out from under the bed to go for a little tiny walk. He loves being back in the cool North East air.
Enjoy your last few weeks in Canada and I hope your transition is as easy as mine was.:thumbsup:

Thank you so much, it is always wonderful to hear other peoples stories. I have not heard a negative word from anyone who has been back yet. I hope that your happiness continues, I know that I will be very happy back.:)