***AllieKate***

Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ***AllieKate***

Hi AllieKate

I have just been reading your thread on Townsville and I am completly horrified!! Worse still - i'm moving to Townsville in 6 weeks
Being a pet lover and completly understand about them being "your kids'', can you recommend a good vet in Townsville? I have two pedigree Burmese cats (inside only) who I have been dragging around the world with me - i think they deserve the best - especially given the locals attitute

Wishing you all the best in your move back to UK.

Cheers
Fi
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:15 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***AllieKate***

Originally Posted by No Idea
Hi AllieKate

I have just been reading your thread on Townsville and I am completly horrified!! Worse still - i'm moving to Townsville in 6 weeks
Being a pet lover and completly understand about them being "your kids'', can you recommend a good vet in Townsville? I have two pedigree Burmese cats (inside only) who I have been dragging around the world with me - i think they deserve the best - especially given the locals attitute

Wishing you all the best in your move back to UK.

Cheers
Fi
I can recommend a great vet in Townsville, Western Suburbs Veterinary Clinic, 176 Thuringowa Drive, Kirwan, 4773 4111. I have two beautiful pedigree Burmilla cats and was given this recommendation by another poster on here who has two Abyssinian cats so they know their cats! By the way I absolutely love it here in Townsville Feel free to PM me if you want any more advice.....always more than happy to help a cat lover!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

any of the green cross vets seem to be really good (not sure whether they're a franchise or what as there are a few in Townsville).
I would reccommend insurance as we have taken our dog twice - once for an upset stomach and once for an ear infection and it has cost nearly $200 each time!
Also unless your cats are house cats or you have the money to live in a very good neighbourhood, then I would suggest you will need to build a run in your garden. A lot of people, particularly in the more rural outskirts or the less expensive areas, have 'pig dogs' which they use for hunting or as guard dogs and are often loose in their gardens.

Olias
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the recommendation. Its one less thing to have to go and find and worry about. Both cats are indoor only cats, so hopefully they should be ok. Now to go and find a house............
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:48 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jump in here but just wanted to leave a message in case Alliekate checked this thread out.
Thanks for the pm Alliekate and obviously I haven't been able to reply. If you every want to get things off your chest, please pm me and good luck with your move back to the UK - sounds like it is about time some good fortune came your way. (I've asked Percy to look out for Syd!) All the best.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No Idea
Thanks for the recommendation. Its one less thing to have to go and find and worry about. Both cats are indoor only cats, so hopefully they should be ok. Now to go and find a house............
I can thoroughly recommend Hammett street veterinary surgery, we have used them for over 2yrs for our great dane and cat. They are superb, nothing is too much trouble they give out excellent advice too. They also have the brother to our great dane so when we go there its a real family get together!
They can be contacted on 07 47257691 or fax 07 47257566

Highly recommend them to any animal lovers.

Trish
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: ***AllieKate***

Yes it's me - just wanted to thank everyone who has supported to me and listened to my drivel. Thankyou, I have met some lovely people on here.

But after everything that has happened, I am not going to post on here again for a while - and may well be home before then.

So to everyone who has been there for me (and I hope I have for you) I want to send a big THANKYOU. I'm not in a good place right now, and stuff I'd normally laugh off isn't so funny any more. So a public forum is not the right place for me.

There are some wonderful people on this forum, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support you have given me.

And I don't feel it is apporopriate for me to say anything more about Townsville - a lot of people love it here, it just did not work out for us. Come with a positive attitude and you'll be right mate.

Bye for now,

Allie xxx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:44 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hope things start getting better for you soon and your return to the UK is everything you want. It really is your time for some good luck. All the very best and let us know how you get on when you are ready. With the very best of wishes. Angela
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Allie - you know we are behind you in spirit with all the good luck vibes going full blast. I hope you can find somewhere to be settled and happy and, just think, you will be there in the spring with the daffs and the cowslips!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck with the move home AllieKate.

Please let us know how you get on