Why Retire in Malaysia?

Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

rusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why Retire in Malaysia?

Is that right Baked Bean? No need to prove income at renewal? If so, Happy days!!!
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:57 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

If you're on Fixed Deposit, no need to prove income again. You'll have to show the FD on renewal.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

rusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of lightrusty747 is a glorious beacon of light

That's the MYR150 k if over 50 years of age yes?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's the current requirement for over 50s. You can also withdraw RM 50,000 of that after one year for certain expenses.

You can read details below at the Gov website:
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/conditions.php
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:17 am
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light

There are other factors to consider in the MM2H v LTSVP comparison. For one thing LTSVP is much cheaper than MM2H (no agent needed). Not sure whether you can move from MM2H to PR. Good to check out the Malaysian immigration website and also visit the NRD office and talk to an officer. If you choose the LTSVP route (which I did), make sure you register your marriage with the Malaysian High Comm in London BEFORE you leave the UK (assuming you have not already done so)
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

Actually, no agent is required for MM2h. you can diy.

though having said that, Yvonne at Joystay was amazing for our mm2h application.made it much easier for us.
Old May 2nd 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Hovite View Post
Not sure whether you can move from MM2H to PR.
I doubt it somehow. MM2H is just a long-term visit visa, albeit a good one which you can extend indefinitely. We are long-term tourists

As Kenny says, you can do the MM2H process yourself. You don't have to use an agent.
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:37 am
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light

I believe MM2H DIY is a recent change but I am told it is still advisable and preferable to use an agent as people seem to be doing. For LTSVP you just need someone to help you through the process, in my case my daughter-in-law, and guide you through the way Malaysians smooth the path through the bureaucracy (that was quite an eye opener!). No fixed deposit sum either for LTSVP. Whichever way you choose, it is a great place to retire and centrally located for sightseeing around Asia.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:00 pm

MM2H DIY has been around for a few years but...... Don't forget that the rules are different in Sarawak and Sabah to the mainland.
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

There are strict criteria to apply for PR. High net worth individual, unique skills etc. In my case, as my wife is Malaysian, I can apply for PR after 5 years continuous stay in Malaysia on a long stay visa - which MM2H (I am told) qualifies as.
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:41 pm

Thanks for that Rusty. Interesting. What does PR offer that is attractive? (Not that I would qualify, but just interested)
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

No requirement to maintain a FD account, right to live and work in Malaysia permanently, ID card. A few other benefits too I think.
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:41 pm

Sorry not being deliberately argumentative but..... If one is High Net worth then surely one would not blink twice at the FD? But maybe I am missing something.

And if you are PR you will be taxed.

Last edited by bakedbean; May 3rd 2013 at 2:44 pm. Reason: Added bit
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

You are quite right. The criteria are either or. I am certainly not Hight Net Worth (I think the current requirement to tick that box is US$2 million in a FD) but being the husband of a Malaysian citizen I can apply once I have lived continuously in Malaysia for 5 years - despite my low net worth status.
Old May 3rd 2013, 3:12 pm

Ok I gotcha now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.