Terminating MM2H

Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terminating MM2H

My wife and I plan to arrive KLIA2 from Bali at 0900am on Monday 7th March and go to Putrajaya to terminate our MM2H visa.
Yvonne at Joy-stay, who initiated our visa, has offered good advice in this regard as the agent isn't involved in termination process except to issue a release letter She agrees with the website that it may take 3 working days to complete the process.
This may mean we will need transport to go to and fro...especially as we will stay somewhere downtown and do some sightseeing. Yvonne suggested we use Uber.
Can any member advise how to register with Uber so we can use them for transport from KLIA2 to Putrajaya and then downtown and V.V. when we return to complete the passport process. I understand that Putrajaya is out of the way for Uber...will they wait for us to hand in our documents and then take us downtown?
Appreciate any suggestions.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 12:40 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terminating MM2H

Originally Posted by Davita
My wife and I plan to arrive KLIA2 from Bali at 0900am on Monday 7th March and go to Putrajaya to terminate our MM2H visa.
Yvonne at Joy-stay, who initiated our visa, has offered good advice in this regard as the agent isn't involved in termination process except to issue a release letter She agrees with the website that it may take 3 working days to complete the process.
This may mean we will need transport to go to and fro...especially as we will stay somewhere downtown and do some sightseeing. Yvonne suggested we use Uber.
Can any member advise how to register with Uber so we can use them for transport from KLIA2 to Putrajaya and then downtown and V.V. when we return to complete the passport process. I understand that Putrajaya is out of the way for Uber...will they wait for us to hand in our documents and then take us downtown?
Hi Davita,

I've not used Uber yet, so can't help there.
There is a taxi rank outside the MM2H office, and also the MM2H office is next door (100 yards) to the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside hotel. (The hotel is a good reference point for taxis / satnav etc.)
Another option is to use a 'hotel car' to drive you into KL, something we've done in the past.

JC3
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JC3. I guess I'll just go with metered taxis to get around.
I stayed at the Pullman last visit and used their taxi to get back to the airport.....it cost twice as much to return to the LCCT as it did to get to Pullman the night before.
I don't think I'll repeat.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could use the phone app Grab (used to be called MyTeksi). Fee is RM2 on top of metered fare, pay to driver.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Epicurious
Or you could use the phone app Grab (used to be called MyTeksi). Fee is RM2 on top of metered fare, pay to driver.
Thanks for that info but that App seems a bit like Ubers and I'm told there aren't many drivers troll around the Putrajaya area.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 6:23 am
Just Joined

skates81 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind, what made you decide to terminate MM2H? I've seen your posts since the days of Scott's old forum. You've been an old member.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi skates81 and welcome to the forum.
I would emphasize that it's only a personal reason and I wouldn't wish anyone to think that MM2H is, imo, not an excellent visa. Although, I must admit, I was a little disappointed in how Penang has been developed.

My wife is Indonesian but when we considered Indonesia it was not as stable as Malaysia but was close enough for us to think about a 2nd home....and still have easy access to Indonesia.

However, Indonesia is now better and I'm well established on a retirement 5 year recurring visa and we have properties in Jakarta and Bali, where we normally reside.

Therefore, I've concluded that we'll never use our MM2H so I'll recover our fixed deposit and invest in Indonesia as the return is better.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Hi skates81 and welcome to the forum.
I would emphasize that it's only a personal reason and I wouldn't wish anyone to think that MM2H is, imo, not an excellent visa. Although, I must admit, I was a little disappointed in how Penang has been developed.

My wife is Indonesian but when we considered Indonesia it was not as stable as Malaysia but was close enough for us to think about a 2nd home....and still have easy access to Indonesia.

However, Indonesia is now better and I'm well established on a retirement 5 year recurring visa and we have properties in Jakarta and Bali, where we normally reside.

Therefore, I've concluded that we'll never use our MM2H so I'll recover our fixed deposit and invest in Indonesia as the return is better.
Yes. Things do change. But sorry to see a veteran member like you go. Wish you best of luck !
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

The words "never use" are indeed critical in your analysis. My understanding is that Malaysia does not grant an MM2H visa a second time to the same person. So once you've cancelled it you will not be able in the future to re-apply for it.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SushiFan
The words "never use" are indeed critical in your analysis. My understanding is that Malaysia does not grant an MM2H visa a second time to the same person. So once you've cancelled it you will not be able in the future to re-apply for it.
Thanks for the info but at my age 78++ I'm unlikely to re-apply. As a Scot I'm determined to use up my new 5 year retirement visa here in RI first..... which cost me much mulla...
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:34 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
As you certain about that SushiFan?
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 10:33 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info but at my age 78++ I'm unlikely to re-apply.
Is your age 78 ++, anything like a woman's 49++, Davita?

JC3

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Feb 2nd 2016 at 10:39 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Once they stop asking to see your ID in a liquor store and needing to lie about your age.....no point....it's all over...
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

And when you ask for the seniors discount and they don't ask for ID...you've pretty much reached the bottom of the age spiral....no need to fool yourself anymore ....and time to stop dying your hair....
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Lol. We'll miss your posts over here. Guess you'll not be lurking here anymore after canceling MM2H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.