Sarawak Property Programme

Old Mar 8th 2015, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

tuanton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sarawak Property Programme

I posted some time ago about the annual visa programme in Sarawak as an alternative to MM2H. Still going strong after 5 years on this programme and had nice surprise when renewing recently. Previously having to pay
RM600 each, latest renewal only cost RM90.... not too often you see cost going down... checked and double checked the Visa but just the same...
Tks to Kuching Immigration
Old Mar 8th 2015, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Fenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sarawak Property Programme

Hi,
We have the MM2H visa, but as it doesn't allow one to live in Sarawak, I'd be interested in knowing more about the Sarawak Property Programme - Can you point me to your post on it ?
Many thanks
Old Mar 8th 2015, 7:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a link to any site about the programme? That might be helpful for others considering.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 7:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

And what kind of visa does that give you for living in Malaysia? I mean....can you in theory go travel to another part of Malaysia and stay for a while, or are you limited to 3 months (or whatever) if you land in say Penang or KL?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Have you got a link to any site about the programme? That might be helpful for others considering.
There is no link, the programme is not advertised, have to visit Immigration personally in Kuching to check entitlement and availability.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:50 am
Just Joined

HKBOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Sarawak Property Programme

I am interested to note the Sarawak visa. I am British but my wife is Chinese and this is one reason we are investigating retirement in Penang, although it is becoming overbuilt and costly. Sarawak could be an alternative option. Are there any seafront locations convenient to shopping and other amenities similar to Gurney Drive/Tanjong Tokong in Kuching or elsewhere in Sarawak?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
And what kind of visa does that give you for living in Malaysia? I mean....can you in theory go travel to another part of Malaysia and stay for a while, or are you limited to 3 months (or whatever) if you land in say Penang or KL?
It gives me 12 months in Sarawak. Limited to 3 months elsewhere in Malaysia.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HKBOB
I am interested to note the Sarawak visa. I am British but my wife is Chinese and this is one reason we are investigating retirement in Penang, although it is becoming overbuilt and costly. Sarawak could be an alternative option. Are there any seafront locations convenient to shopping and other amenities similar to Gurney Drive/Tanjong Tokong in Kuching or elsewhere in Sarawak?
Kuching is a river city - no seafront. Really have no idea about the place you mentioned in Penang and not sure from your post where you are presently living, if you are living or intending to travel to Malaysia then the best advice I can give is to visit Kuching and see for yourself.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fenella
Hi,
We have the MM2H visa, but as it doesn't allow one to live in Sarawak, I'd be interested in knowing more about the Sarawak Property Programme - Can you point me to your post on it ?
Many thanks
Fenella... There was very little detail in my original post and not sure how to link it to you. Click on my details and send email to me and I will respond directly to you with all I have to date.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKBOB
Outside of Kuching, in Sarawak, there are gorgeous expensive badly constructed seafront properties, but you will need to go to KL or Singapore for most non food shopping. Or order over the Internet.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 12:52 pm

Any updates on how the programme is going, Tuanton?

Statistics on the general MM2H site show numbers are down. Just wonder about Sarawak.
Old May 4th 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by tuanton
There is no link, the programme is not advertised, have to visit Immigration personally in Kuching to check entitlement and availability.
Looks like there is now a website. I don't know how long this has been up and running. Anyway, it is here:
Official Website of Ministry of Tourism Sarawak

I seem to recall (if my memory serves me well) that the requirements used to be easier for Sarawak? But seems that now it falls into line (more or less) with the mainland MM2H.

The "more or less" bit includes a clause on this link below where it says that a married couple to show RM 10,000 income a month BUT a single person can show RM 7,000 income a month.
http://www.mot.sarawak.gov.my/upload...TNC%20MM2H.pdf