Sarawak M2H

Old May 23rd 2018, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Scaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sarawak M2H

The agent I spoke to was Ambang Wawasan, a lady called Winnie. She talked fast with strong local accent, so a little was lost on me. But it was along the lines of "pay us and we'll do everything". No need to attend interview. Questions were not really encouraged. I can't explicitly list what was included in the price, except the medical was not. About the bond I have no idea. I was a little shocked at the price, although I shouldn't be as agents in Penang charge a similar amount. I also called Crowe Horwath (check spelling) and left a message with the receptionist but I didn't get a call back.

No reply so far from Diana CB.
Old May 23rd 2018, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Bit weird but I get a different list from the MM2H list of approved agents for Sarawak.
1) Acropolis MM2H acropolismm2h.com [Mohosin Hayder] seems to have a very incomplete site and treats the Sarawak M2H program like it's the peninsular program.
2) Ambang Wawasan (MM2H) no website [Li Tze Min / Liou Yong Sing]
3) Aus Management & Consultants (MM2H) in Miri [Wong Beek Yoong (Susie)] which seems mainly in setting up companies and trademarking names.
4) Extreme Events MM2H MM2H - Authorized agent, fully approved and appointed by Tourism Malaysia [Adrian Ho] which at least recognizes that there are distinctions between the two programs but still misinforms people about the length of visa and have no updated their site re. the termination of the vehicle benefit. They also have some clear typos about people down to 30 years of age being able to apply (it's 50).

Your list has Ambang Wawasan and Extreme Events but no Aus Management or Acropolis.

Instead it has Crowe Howath Consulting (MM2H) [email protected] which seems to be a financial audit company.
And Borneo Dreamland (MM2H) which seems to be affiliated with Borneo Tours Sdn. At least they share the same address.
Old May 24th 2018, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

I see the same four agents as RedApe on the official list.

1. Acropolis has a barely-functional, ugly website, an object lesson in how not to design one. Many pages are blank (including the fees page). I have emailed them to enquire about the 'no agents allowed for SMM2H' question.

2. AW. No website, no email address. How do these people conduct business in the 21st Century?

3. Aus Mgmnt. Didn't investigate.

4. Extreme Events. A functioning website but no indication of fees. Have emailed them.

I found the MM2H page that lists the other two agents: MM2H Official Portal - List of Registered Agents by States - Sarawak
Strange inconsistency, I guess due to orphan pages on the site.

I've emailed Crowe Horwath. Borneo Dreamland does indeed seem to have morphed into Borneo Tours.
Old May 24th 2018, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Great work fellows. I'm just wondering why Sarawak appears rather' poor' at their version of MMY2H? Is there little demand for their services there? Anyway will continue to read with great interest the results of inquiries made by above poster.
Old May 24th 2018, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

There are so few agents b/c their rules say they aren't supposed to exist. But it seems that they fell into an administrative gap in two ways. About a decade ago the two programs were almost identical. But Sarawak decided 1) Agents in the peninsula got rid of the primary way to get a "sponsor". 2) On the Peninsula they also allowed both sponsors but also self-application provided the applicant paid the Personal Bond "Up-Front". Sarawak neglected to allow the bond to be submitted by the appliacnt if they had no sponsor. That makes it much harder for someone without friends or former colleagues to apply. They also only allow people 50+ to apply...real retirees. And unlike the publicity for MM2H there is no agent participation in promotion, everything is handled by a couple of people within the Tourism Office.

I think with a few tweaks and publicity the program could explode in Sarawak. And the State government could structure things to primarily benefit Sarawakians financially. Costs are very low here, and it's a short flight to Singapore (thus ideal for Singaporean retirees and those who want to travel). Rapidly improving HC facilities. About a half dozen National Parks nearby, beaches, kayaking rivers. Plus the applicants have far lower financial requirements...no need to prove liquid assets, a Pension option a RM 7000 single /Rm 10000 couple OR a fixed account option [RM 100K (single) or RM150K (couple)] that can be drawn down to RM60K after the first year for approved expenses. But the elements in the first paragraph (which could be easily fixed) inhibit application.
Old May 24th 2018, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Acropolis say that they are allowed to act for those applying for SMM2H, it's just that they cannot themselves be the sponsor:

""Use of agents, middleman...." the way it is written on the website is really confusing to many people. Here they are talking about your sponsor who needs to give a personal guarantee when you apply. It is prohibited to use agents, middleman or consultant firm as your sponsor. They must be native Sarawaki. As your migration consultant, we will help you to find that sponsor. But we cannot be the sponsor for you."

I attach their schedule of fees and conditions. In brief, RM8,500 for a single person, RM10,000 for a family. No mention of how the bond is treated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Acropolis_Service.pdf (1.74 MB, 178 views)
Old May 24th 2018, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info Epic. Curious coincidence the price is exactly the same as Ambang Wawasan, so I imagine the list of ins and outs is the same too. Can't help wonder at their effective hourly rate.

Still no reply from Diana CB, I'll resent the email tomorrow then try calling on Monday if there's no reply by then. Red, do you know if she's at Tourism or Immigration?
Old May 24th 2018, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diana is at Tourism. Everything seems shorter hours because of Ramadan and Gawai Harvest Festival coinciding. I suspect that yshe will not be able to answer the questions about WHY something is done the way they are. That was decided a long time ago. And they may not have had a "logic" except that they were copying KL's program at the time.

As to Acropolis...it sounds as if the are precisely acting as "Middlemen" by setting one up with a sponsor. If the agent was the sponsor they would not be a "Middleman". I think that they could legally act as someone to find housing (they'd get a cut from the owner BTW), help you move your things, and perhaps set up the bank accounts...but if they are delivering papers, making sure you file is complete it sounds sketchy. Plus they are operating under a "Agent License". Both of the fees sound extraordinarily high IMO. They are almost twice as much as the real agents frm Penang.
Old May 26th 2018, 3:07 am
Just Joined

I have received the most polite reply from Sarawak Tourism. To my question regarding the type of income that is appropriate (specifically any commercial relationship income) and what evidence should be tendered:

"In regard to the Monthly Offshore income as you wish, we welcome you to use this option. There is no specific requirement/ standard letter that required by us. as long as you can provide a/some evidence (letters, bank account, statements etc) to show steady income received by you that can maintain your living here in Sarawak MM2H programme."

And secondly, regarding the sponsor requirement:

"Requirement for a sponsor cannot be relaxed. however in your case, i would like to recommend to you a person who help foreigner in handling issue in related to MM2H. Please contact Mr Jonathan Eng (Phone number: +60-12 326 2006) you can call or whatsapp him and ask for his help. any questions please do not hesitate to email me again. and we welcome you to Sarawak."

So I called Mr Jonathan this morning. He is an agent. He was genial and helpful. He acts as the sponsor (!) and does all the usual agent stuff. Charge: RM10,000 which includes "everything except visa cost RM90 per year of passport validity up to 5 years, and medical costs about 200RM each person. Must attend Sarawak but for medical only".

Boleh.
Old May 26th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Yet they aren't supposed to accept agents. Yet they are referring people to agents? And what's the "everything" that these agents offer and how do they justify the costs? In fact - for self application the only costs were "visa" (and Journey Performed Fee), and Medical...beyond a few Uber/Grab trips. Essentially he's charging you RM10,000 for the privilege of being your sponsor and acting as the guarantor (RM2000 promised) if you are deported. Most likely he will never face that cost.
Old May 26th 2018, 8:49 am
Just Joined

IAmNotABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scaz
I have received the most polite reply from Sarawak Tourism. To my question regarding the type of income that is appropriate (specifically any commercial relationship income) and what evidence should be tendered:

"In regard to the Monthly Offshore income as you wish, we welcome you to use this option. There is no specific requirement/ standard letter that required by us. as long as you can provide a/some evidence (letters, bank account, statements etc) to show steady income received by you that can maintain your living here in Sarawak MM2H programme."

And secondly, regarding the sponsor requirement:

"Requirement for a sponsor cannot be relaxed. however in your case, i would like to recommend to you a person who help foreigner in handling issue in related to MM2H. Please contact Mr Jonathan Eng (Phone number: +60-12 326 2006) you can call or whatsapp him and ask for his help. any questions please do not hesitate to email me again. and we welcome you to Sarawak."

So I called Mr Jonathan this morning. He is an agent. He was genial and helpful. He acts as the sponsor (!) and does all the usual agent stuff. Charge: RM10,000 which includes "everything except visa cost RM90 per year of passport validity up to 5 years, and medical costs about 200RM each person. Must attend Sarawak but for medical only".

Boleh.
Very good, Scaz, Can you post the details or website link of his agency/company, and let us know your progress from time to time.
regards
Old May 27th 2018, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

"Must attend Sarawak but for medical only".

And to establish your fixed account (if you are intending to go that route), as well as to do the Immigration interview, and to pay for your visas (and Journey Performed Fee) if necessary. If they submit all your other documents you might get things done in a couple of weeks.
Old May 28th 2018, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Here's the answer from Immigration to the agent issue:

"Mr Jonathan is a Sarawakian so he is eligible to become a sponsor.
Till now Sarawak is still not allowed to accept any application through Mm2H Agent. So at the time being, these "agents" work privately and treated as 'unregistered' in Sarawak, even they are registered in Kuala Lumpur."
Old May 28th 2018, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scaz
Here's the answer from Immigration to the agent issue:

"Mr Jonathan is a Sarawakian so he is eligible to become a sponsor.
Till now Sarawak is still not allowed to accept any application through Mm2H Agent. So at the time being, these "agents" work privately and treated as 'unregistered' in Sarawak, even they are registered in Kuala Lumpur."
So, agents-that-aren't are charging RM10,000 for something they're not officially doing.
Old May 29th 2018, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Epicurious
So, agents-that-aren't are charging RM10,000 for something they're not officially doing.
Welcome to Malaysia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.