Sarawak M2H

Old Feb 1st 2019, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Groovy16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sarawak M2H

Hi I am new to this forum and really looking forward to get some tips and help from the expert user and existing MM2H visa holder who is enjoying their life in Sarawak. I am applying under this program as over 50 and I have done 90% of my paperwork BUT STUCK in one stage which is making my life kind of Hell. Spoken to many people and tried to get help via many channels but seems to be all in vain. I need a SPONSOR and in Sarawak it has be a Sarawak resident.

Anyone out there who can help me out with this matter. Any information, advice or source I would greatly appreciate and more than happy to honor you for your help. PLEASE PLEASE.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 3:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Groovy16
Hi I am new to this forum and really looking forward to get some tips and help from the expert user and existing MM2H visa holder who is enjoying their life in Sarawak. I am applying under this program as over 50 and I have done 90% of my paperwork BUT STUCK in one stage which is making my life kind of Hell. Spoken to many people and tried to get help via many channels but seems to be all in vain. I need a SPONSOR and in Sarawak it has be a Sarawak resident.

Anyone out there who can help me out with this matter. Any information, advice or source I would greatly appreciate and more than happy to honor you for your help. PLEASE PLEASE.
Hi Groovy (love your user name!), welcome to BE. There are some very knowledgeable forum members here so hopefully one of them will be along to answer your question. It's the middle of the night in Malaysia though, so you might need to wait until morning. Best of luck with your retirement plans!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Groovy16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Groovy (love your user name!), welcome to BE. There are some very knowledgeable forum members here so hopefully one of them will be along to answer your question. It's the middle of the night in Malaysia though, so you might need to wait until morning. Best of luck with your retirement plans!
Hi spouse of scouse, its good to hear from you. Yes I am hopeful that someone is out there who can help me out with this matter. Thank you.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Groovy16
Hi spouse of scouse, its good to hear from you. Yes I am hopeful that someone is out there who can help me out with this matter. Thank you.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

I given Groovy16 my limited advice about the need to actually visit Sarawak to find a sponsor on another forum, so I won't repeat that here.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 7:36 am
Just Joined

petemac2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Redape, you mentioned that you took all documents straight to Immigration, was this it
Immigration Department of Malaysia Sarawak
Address: Jalan Simpang Tiga, Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, 93300 Kuching, Sarawak

Cheers
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petemac2001
Hi Redape, you mentioned that you took all documents straight to Immigration, was this it
Immigration Department of Malaysia Sarawak
Address: Jalan Simpang Tiga, Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, 93300 Kuching, Sarawak

Cheers
Yes. Second Floor. Go to the Windows on the Right of the room (next to staff office door) rather than wait in line.

Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedApe
Yes. Second Floor. Go to the Windows on the Right of the room (next to staff office door) rather than wait in line.
Thanks, much appreciated. All going well I will lodge on Monday

Cheers
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you applying Pension or Fixed Deposit?

Double check all are complete and chopped by Commissioner of Oaths.

https://mtacys.sarawak.gov.my/modules/web/pages.php?mod=download&id=a1&menu_id=0&sub_id=288

https://mtacys.sarawak.gov.my/upload...20INCLUDED.pdf
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Applying under fixed offshore income, it's not a pension but from rental properties, etc, according to Assistant Secretary (For Chinese-Speaking Market and S-MM2H)
Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports, Sarawak, this is ok.

When you did your passport was it only the pages that had stamps that you had to copy?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petemac2001
Applying under fixed offshore income, it's not a pension but from rental properties, etc, according to Assistant Secretary (For Chinese-Speaking Market and S-MM2H)
Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports, Sarawak, this is ok.

When you did your passport was it only the pages that had stamps that you had to copy?
Re. potentially non-guaranteed income. We'll see on that...I'd like to hear if that works in practice. Immigration sometimes contradicts what is said by the Ministry of Tourism.

I had an old and a brand new. I recall that in my case they wanted all of the old (each had stamps) and only the stamped pages of the new.

BUT a recent applicant was told that they wanted ALL of his passport...blank pages included. Each needed a chop (which, however, should be charged per document - so should not cost more).

Old Feb 14th 2019, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedApe
Re. potentially non-guaranteed income. We'll see on that...I'd like to hear if that works in practice. Immigration sometimes contradicts what is said by the Ministry of Tourism.

I had an old and a brand new. I recall that in my case they wanted all of the old (each had stamps) and only the stamped pages of the new.

BUT a recent applicant was told that they wanted ALL of his passport...blank pages included. Each needed a chop (which, however, should be charged per document - so should not cost more).
The lawyer I went to charged based on each actual page stamped, not per document, I only have the first page of all documents stamped. Thought I might drop over to Immigration and walk through things with them to ensure I am on the right track. If not, I might contact the one you used, as based on mine charging per page, it will add up quickly.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

obaydullah is an unknown quantity at this point

An MTACYS Sarawak officer said yesterday, S-MM2H applicants can use house rental and FD profit as offshore income but subject to the acceptance by the immigration department. And all this should be reflected in a bank statement provided by an offshore bank in the original, not taken online. Has any applicant succeeded by using house rental and FD profit as offshore income?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Best to go to immigration first, though the "multiple pages" situation happened just a few weeks ago. If instructed differently then at least you have the name of an immigration officer. On possible way of reducing the cost for the blank pages is getting them all placed on the same reduced page (maybe eight/page) and have that stamped. One definitely can get five full-sized passport pages on a single 8X10 sheet. You'd have to go to a copy shop to do this. Then cut out the copies...and print on a single sheet. Will they accept this with a single stamp? Ask.

I often don't understand the logic or need fo a lot of things immigration requires. Why do they need the blank pages?? Why do they need to know every country you went to since you received the passpot...seeking a visit pass to Israel? Syria? Multiple Malaysia visa stamps every three months? What are they looking for? Red "deported" stamps? Could they not simply peruse the passport and have a checklist and have you and the officer sign it? Or do they not trust the integrity of their junior officers?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:18 am
Just Joined

obaydullah is an unknown quantity at this point

Under the FD scheme, does an S-MM2H applicant require to fix it with bank before lodging an application or after receiving approval from immigration?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.