Sarawak M2H

Old Aug 5th 2018, 6:26 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sarawak M2H

Sarawak has its own funny rules. Some of my staff when transferring from KL to Swk, and transferring west Malaysia employment passes to east Malaysia had to leave Malaysia to get the east Malaysia pass endorsed. We only found this out when one got stuck at immigration and sent back to KL, but then didn’t have a visa to enter KL since his Malaysia visa was cancelled. Took some serious high level intervention to get this poor bloke and his family to Singapore on immediate tourist trip and out of KL immigration holding hell. An hr mess up that thankfully was not repeated.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 1:34 am
Just Joined

covdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by covdave
The Sarawak MM2H is for 5 years what is the procedure when the 5 years is up? Is it easy to extend just a medical check up and that's it? Looks like I may have to go through an agent to apply for the MM2H and I would not want to pay the agency fees two times.
Can anyone recommend an agency to get a sponsor who are reliable I know of Acropolis and Extreme.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 5:04 am
Just Joined

KopiOkosong is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much, RedApe, for the very detailed explanation of the Journey Performed fee. It makes sense. Since I travel on an Australian passport, I guess you're implying that I don't need to worry about applying for a Social Visit Visa from the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra before I travel to Sarawak to put in an MM2H application?
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

That's my understanding (most, but not all, Commonwealth citizens are exempt)...at least that how it works on the Peninsula....But unless you are going back to Australia it might be a good idea to get one anyways (what is it AU$6). It might save you AU$150.

I don't like to get in tussle's with immigration officers who might not have been taught the nuances of the rules, and/or learned on the job and saw that "the last person to come through with a SV Visa got charged the Journey Performed Fee...so do the same here".

If you are returning between the time you submit and the time you are going to get your visas you can definitely ask at the time of submission to Sarawak Immigration.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone recommend an agency to get a sponsor who are reliable I know of Acropolis and Extreme.
I was told yesterday by someone at the Sarawak Ministry of Tourism that applications made via 'agents' are not looked upon favourably and may well be rejected.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 8:39 am
Just Joined

KopiOkosong is an unknown quantity at this point

Contributors to this thread should be reminded that we're focussing on the Sarawak (SMM2H) program, and not the Peninsula program.

As RedApe and others have previously clearly advised, the SMM2H program is very much aimed at retirees, and I perceive the authorities wish to keep Sarawak 'safe' (for want of a better word) by having the Sponsor element included in the application. If an applicant cannot get a personal sponsor (someone known personally to the applicant for a reasonable length of time), your safer bet is the Peninsula program - whether you apply on your own or use an agent.

Thanks for helping to keep posts on this thread focussed on the SMM2H :-)
Old Aug 16th 2018, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KopiOkosong
Contributors to this thread should be reminded that we're focussing on the Sarawak (SMM2H) program, and not the Peninsula program.

As RedApe and others have previously clearly advised, the SMM2H program is very much aimed at retirees, and I perceive the authorities wish to keep Sarawak 'safe' (for want of a better word) by having the Sponsor element included in the application. If an applicant cannot get a personal sponsor (someone known personally to the applicant for a reasonable length of time), your safer bet is the Peninsula program - whether you apply on your own or use an agent.

Thanks for helping to keep posts on this thread focussed on the SMM2H :-)
Who's talking about the Peninsula programme in this thread, other than as a point of comparison? Genuinely puzzled by your remark.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Epicurious
I was told yesterday by someone at the Sarawak Ministry of Tourism that applications made via 'agents' are not looked upon favourably and may well be rejected.
Thanks very useful information.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

schlee1231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello RedApe, I want to know that after obtaining the SMM2H visa, can I just stay at west Malaysia without
entering Sarawak regularly ?
Old Aug 21st 2018, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schlee1231
Hello RedApe, I want to know that after obtaining the SMM2H visa, can I just stay at west Malaysia without
entering Sarawak regularly ?
Yes. That is what the rules say. The SMM2H visa allows both travel and residence in all of Malaysia. I know of one case where that has seamlessly occurred.

However, the MM2H only allows residence in Peninsula Malaysia. It is the same situation as the Tourist Pass. If one enters through the Sarawak or Sabah side the 3 month pass is good for East and West Malaysia. But if one enters via KL the 90-Day pass is good for East Malaysia and one must get a separate pass that allows one access for the remainder of the time of that original pass. This is because of the historical separation and autonomy of their civil services. It causes some grumbling when West Malaysians want to work or to go to school in East Malaysia. They have to apply for permits.

Now, in REALITY, can a MM2H (Peninsular version) live in Sarawak. Probably. I think that a landlord would certainly rent to such a person (buying might entail more scrutiny) and the individual could simply visit the Peninsula or another country (Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, etc.) every three months. This creates an intriguing situation where the MM2H recipient is "visa hopping". They would have a large number of re-entry stamps in their passport which could trigger attention from immigration...yet conversely be holding a 10-Year long-term stay visa for the Peninsula ;-)
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 5:51 am
Just Joined

schlee1231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello RedApe, actually I want to stay in KL or Ipoh with my family so that my son can study international school in KL or Ipoh. My situation is that I can not provide monthly income proof but can make fixed deposit and bank statement around 500 thousands RM. Therefore SMM2H seems the only way I can apply. That's why I ask you whether I can just stay in west Malaysia for long period with the SMM2H visa.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

I suspect that this would be sufficient assets to go the fixed deposit route in Sarawak. I myself do not know if the withdrawal from the fixed account at a Peninsular school would be eligible for a "qualified withdrawal" in Sarawak. But if it was you could draw the FD down to RM60,000.

Remember though that you cannot be under 50 and apply UNLESS your child is attending school IN SARAWAK.

"Applicants must be not less than 50 years old, while spouse (if any) has no age limit. Applicants who are 30 years old and above* may apply if there is evidence that they have children pursuing further education or undergoing long term medical treatment in Sarawak)"

*I assume they mean to age 50.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 9:40 am
Just Joined

obaydullah is an unknown quantity at this point

Grateful to know if there is anyone who has been assisted by Acropolis in obtaining an sponsor required for Sarawak MM2H visa approval.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by obaydullah
Grateful to know if there is anyone who has been assisted by Acropolis in obtaining an sponsor required for Sarawak MM2H visa approval.
I tried asking what was the full inclusive price they charged. But they said I had fill in their forms first. Extreme are asking 10K++
Old Sep 15th 2018, 1:29 am
Just Joined

obaydullah is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried asking what was the full inclusive price they charged. But they said I had fill in their forms first. Extreme are asking 10K++
Thank you for the answer. Can you please tell me whether there is anyone you know has been successful in obtaining S-MM2H with the help and assistance of Acropolis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.