renewal and medical insurance

Old May 30th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewal and medical insurance

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
That's odd, I never went

(But I did use an agent)
Same here: I've never been in Putrajaya. My agent went to take care of all the formalities.
Old May 31st 2017, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
Columbine,
I use an agent for my MM2H issues.
The agent informed me that there has been a change in conditions for renewal and that there since some years back is a requirement to show income.
Maybe he based it on the below:
Announcements - Year 2012 - MM2H applications must submit bank account statements

As an application for visa renewal in fact is an 'application' and the word 'all' is mentioned with no exemption for renewals, maybe the agent considered this to be valid also for renewals.
I am not 100% sure, but I believe this issue was discussed in the old forum as well, so if it is still available look at posts around 2012/2013

That the Gov't page was latest updated in April 2014 would mean that they forgot to include the information given in the 2012 announcement....
Yes, I remember that discussion in the old forum (Scott's). I gave feedback after we did ours and a few others gave same feedbacks. We did the Renewal ourselves and as per forum we went, but officer didn't need our proof of income as we applied under FD and not income.
We are the one that never got the "missing" Letter of Acceptance from the Butterworth Immigration Office, I posted that on the old forum.
Now, Butterworth and Putrajaya know our case and have assured us not to worry. The Assistant Director and Director of MM2H in Putrajaya and the Officer at Butterworth Immigration are very helpful.
If you have doubts, write to them.
We did the last extension using an agency in PG (we got new passports) as we were very busy and agency said without the Letter of Acceptance they would not do it for us in the future! We wrote to the Assistant Director of MM2H and he referred our case to the Director and relevant Officers of MM2H. Now with the Assurance from Putrajaya MM2H and a personal call from the Officer from Butterworth that they are aware of our mysteriously missing Letter of Acceptance (even the one on file is missing!) , we are confident they don't make life hard for seniors like us who have been in the MM2H program all these years.

Last edited by columbine; May 31st 2017 at 5:27 am.
Old May 31st 2017, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by columbine
Yes, I remember that discussion in the old forum (Scott's). I gave feedback after we did ours and a few others gave same feedbacks. We did the Renewal ourselves and as per forum we went, but officer didn't need our proof of income as we applied under FD and not income.
We are the one that never got the "missing" Letter of Acceptance from the Butterworth Immigration Office, I posted that on the old forum.
Now, Butterworth and Putrajaya know our case and have assured us not to worry. The Assistant Director and Director of MM2H in Putrajaya and the Officer at Butterworth Immigration are very helpful.
If you have doubts, write to them.
We did the last extension using an agency in PG as we were very busy and agency said without the Letter of Acceptance they would not do it for us in the future! But, now with the Assurance from Putrajaya MM2H we are confident they don't make life hard for seniors like us who have been in the MM2H program all these years.

Apply For Renewal - MM2H Official Portal

It's very clear here in the Official Website the 2 categories Applicants apply under and for Renewal under the 2 categories.

Last edited by columbine; May 31st 2017 at 5:28 am.
Old May 31st 2017, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Columbine,
Yes, the statement on the renewal page of the portal doesn't mention that bank statements are required for FD criteria renewal.
But the announcement from July 2012 does so because it mentions ALL applications.
However, it does not firmly state any specific amount (Like 10k for the renewal based on pension option)

I think that what is really required will remain unclear until someone feeds back a reasonably recent real case or a statement form some agent.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Columbine,
Yes, the statement on the renewal page of the portal doesn't mention that bank statements are required for FD criteria renewal.
But the announcement from July 2012 does so because it mentions ALL applications.
However, it does not firmly state any specific amount (Like 10k for the renewal based on pension option)

I think that what is really required will remain unclear until someone feeds back a reasonably recent real case or a statement form some agent.
Hi Gunnar, How is your Renewal so far?

Interestingly, my Ozzie neighbor in Pg who got his MM2H (about the year I got mine, 2004) and also got it via the immigration Office in Butterworth. Like me he also wasn't given the Letter of Approval! I was told by officer in Butterworth to Renew at PWTC in 2009 and that's when they wanted to see the Letter of Approval there, but never in Penang.
He has been Extending and Renewing in Butterworth (without having to show the Letter) and has never had them done in PWTC nor Putrajaya!!! He's due for Renewal this or next week. It'll be interesting to know his outcome, too. I'm not in Pg at the moment, but I did tell him I'd be very interested to know how he got along.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Columbine,
I have not started my renewal yet, will commence early next year.
But my agent said that I had to show some income even though I got approved with the FD option.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Columbine,
But my agent said that I had to show some income even though I got approved with the FD option.
Thanks, Gunnar.
I'll see how my neighbor got on with his Renewal when I'm back in Pg.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 12:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Columbine,
I know of a couple who renewed end of last year and they also were asked to show income despite not having to first time around.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All... I haven't posted since starting this thread because it seemed useless to speculate. I now can report that I have completed the renewal process.
The medical insurance turned out to be a non-issue. I did get a waiver letter from an insurance company; but the official at Putrajaya didn't even want to take it. It seems they don't really require insurance for those over a certain age. (65 for sure, maybe even 60).
As to the "proof of income"/"FD option" debate... well, I was not asked about income at all. I did not use an agent, either for initial application ten years ago, or for the renewal. Not only did I save quite a bit of money; but I also may have avoided some misinformation.
It does take 14 days to process the application. When I applied the official was not satisfied with the bank's confirmation letter regarding the FD. I was given a sample letter, and had the bank model a new letter based on it. It basically needs to contain as much information as possible regarding the terms of the fixed deposit. e.g. rolling over every year with interest being paid to another account... etc...
So, based upon my experience, I would recommend the D.I.Y. route. My total cost for the two trips to K.L/Putrajaya - trains/taxis/hotel - was around RM 500. Agents charge how much? RM 5000? One lady I know paid RM 8000. It's a racket!
Old Jul 5th 2017, 12:27 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by satumadu
Hi All... I haven't posted since starting this thread because it seemed useless to speculate. I now can report that I have completed the renewal process.
The medical insurance turned out to be a non-issue. I did get a waiver letter from an insurance company; but the official at Putrajaya didn't even want to take it. It seems they don't really require insurance for those over a certain age. (65 for sure, maybe even 60).
As to the "proof of income"/"FD option" debate... well, I was not asked about income at all. I did not use an agent, either for initial application ten years ago, or for the renewal. Not only did I save quite a bit of money; but I also may have avoided some misinformation.
It does take 14 days to process the application. When I applied the official was not satisfied with the bank's confirmation letter regarding the FD. I was given a sample letter, and had the bank model a new letter based on it. It basically needs to contain as much information as possible regarding the terms of the fixed deposit. e.g. rolling over every year with interest being paid to another account... etc...
So, based upon my experience, I would recommend the D.I.Y. route. My total cost for the two trips to K.L/Putrajaya - trains/taxis/hotel - was around RM 500. Agents charge how much? RM 5000? One lady I know paid RM 8000. It's a racket!
It seems proof of income is not always required. I suspect it depends on the age of the renewer.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things went so smoothly for you. You mention that they did not actively ask for any proof of income. However, did you provide any insight to them about your income? Without them asking for it?
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I know of a couple who renewed end of last year and they also were asked to show income despite not having to first time around.
I hope they were able to manage the situation and got the renewal processed?
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:45 am
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Good to hear that things went so smoothly for you. You mention that they did not actively ask for any proof of income. However, did you provide any insight to them about your income? Without them asking for it?
No, I did not sense any psychic inquiry from them; nor did I exert any hypnotic power to impress them with my vast non-existent wealth. Or did you mean something like mentioning that "I hope this won't take too long because my Rolls is double-parked?".
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:24 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

No, I did not sense any psychic inquiry from them; nor did I exert any hypnotic power to impress them with my vast non-existent wealth. Or did you mean something like mentioning that "I hope this won't take too long because my Rolls is double-parked?".
Old Jul 6th 2017, 11:08 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I hope they were able to manage the situation and got the renewal processed?
Yes they did. All went OK apparently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.