Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Official MM2H Survey to Assist Reform

Official MM2H Survey to Assist Reform

Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official MM2H Survey to Assist Reform

Survey by MM2H regarding the Program

https://mailchi.mp/97308b69d5d9/mm2h...Subk18fsTenAu0

Some questions are ambiguous...e.g. How many times have you visited Malaysia in the last year" (when you actually live there).

They claim the survey is anonymous but then ask for the MM2H number. Some have suggested you just insert a random number.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Official MM2H Survey to Assist Reform

is this for real.. looks like someone has been reading the discussion threads here and decided to formalize the "How to improve MM2H" thread .. i recommend let put in our $0.02.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely real...and official.

See the first announcement here.

Announcement

I don't think they've followed our conversation ...no talk about PR or Citizenship or increasing the quality of the applicant. They do suggest having a MM2H card might be useful but that once existed. It was useful as one didn't have to carry the passport around with you in the jungle. But most of the questions essentially are designed to make estimates of how much the recipients are spending and how much time they actually are here. Do they purchase property, do they have kids in school, they even asked in one had investments in Malaysia or worked (maybe that was for those who were interested in MM2H, not those already on it....They look interested in finding out if offering a viable part-time work option, or even allowing someone to open a business, might be of interest or attractive to applicants. It would have been nice if they polled about the "agent experience" and pricing there.

Oh wait...actually recipients. Surveys of this type usually are sent out to those already ON the program...not potential applicants. I've posted it on a few other sites so they may get a few people "fishing" for a "Second Home" (but not necessarily Malaysia).
Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

I took the survey.. it does ask a lot of questions about time and money spent and frequency of visits to MY, and it does ask about the preferences in benefits etc. I left a number of comments based on my our discussions here. In the end it asks about your "MM2H reference Number", I simply said if this is anonymous survey you should not be collecting MM2H numbers. it accepted my survey. Hopefully something good will come out of it ...
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Late to the party, but have filled the survey. I get the impression that they view the purpose of the MM2H visa in a different way. They seem to be asking whether the MM2H visa is used as a "multiple tourist entry visa". Which is why they ask how many times per year you visit Malaysia. Whereas my impression is that most MM2H holders use it as a visa to reside in Malaysia on a permanent, or semi-permanent, basis.
Regarding MM2H reference number: I don't have the impression that any verification check is being done. Number zero (0) is as good as any number.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

That is indeed correct, i was also intrigued by excessive number of question around how many times you visit MY and how much you spend every time etc. There seems to be obvious disconnect between whoever created the survey and applicants/MM2Hers perception of what the program represents.