Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

New to the Forum and MM2H Interested

New to the Forum and MM2H Interested

Old Feb 5th 2016, 5:44 pm
GCC
Just Joined

GCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the Forum and MM2H Interested

Hi Everyone,
GCC from Spain. I just joined and introduced myself ¡, would love to hear about expats already working or just got the MM2H Visa as I am interested. Done quite a lot of reading, visited KL on December and loved the place.

Thanks
GCC
Old Feb 5th 2016, 10:36 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the Forum and MM2H Interested

Hello and welcome to the forum

Are you interested in Working or Retiring? The MM2H visa is, for the most part, for retirement purposes. If that is what you are looking for, you can read here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/retir...a-mm2h-757238/

Maybe you can clarify a little bit?
Old Feb 6th 2016, 9:20 am
GCC
Just Joined

Bakedbean. Thank you so much for your reply and the link!

I would like to semi retire well I would not work In Malaysia, but I am looking for a nice retirement destination. I am not sure if I should ask about agents here direct or better I should pm not sure if I can pm yet as I am new or you can PM. I really need a bit of help to move forward I have emailed some agents and no reply since 1 week, I don't find that serious at all.

Wold like to also ask info on Penang, at present I was looking at Johor Bahru (because its near to Singapore) but I would need to ask more info if its really worth, cost of living etc etc.

Let me know.
Many thx!
Old Feb 6th 2016, 10:46 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

If you're interested in Johor Bahru, I would advise you to ask a few questions in the Nusajaya-Iskandar-JB section. I'm not in that area. You can follow this link below.
Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor - British Expats

Re Penang, there's a lot of information in the main Malaysia section. Have a good read through this section here:
Malaysia - British Expats

What is your question regarding MM2H agents? Please clarify.
(Note that it is the biggest holiday of the year now and businesses will be mostly closed up for a week, certainly in Penang.)
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:33 am
GCC
Just Joined

Thanks Bakedbean.
I would like to ask all off you if have any experience getting your MM2H with certain agents like Alter Domus or MY EXPAT (MM2H).

All opinions on how dealing and process until final stage with MM2H would be of great help.

tHX
GCC
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:55 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCC
Thanks Bakedbean.
I would like to ask all off you if have any experience getting your MM2H with certain agents like Alter Domus or MY EXPAT (MM2H).

All opinions on how dealing and process until final stage with MM2H would be of great help.

tHX
GCC
Hi GCC,

Alter Domus and JoyStay (Malaysia My Second Home) MM2H agents are both well-established and appear to have a good reputation.

JC3
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I used Alter Domus as I was still working at the time.
They managed to complete almost all procedures while I still was outside MY.
Exceptions were the local medical examination and getting the visa stamped into my passport.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:42 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I also used Alter Domus, can't recommend them highly enough, but they only have offices in Penang.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:47 am
GCC
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JC3
Hi GCC,

Alter Domus and JoyStay (Malaysia My Second Home) MM2H agents are both well-established and appear to have a good reputation.

JC3
Thank you JC3!

I see Alter Domus have office in Penang, well I suppose it does not matter which agent I pick even If O don't final stay at Penang or choose another place like KL, or Malaca/Melaka or whatever place right?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 10:08 am
GCC
Just Joined

At present I live in Barcelona, where I was born and I am planning to retire hopefully this year. I am working for a company as logistics provider for some big companies in Spain, my Boss is expecting his retirement letter from Gov. in next 6 months as all paperwork has passed, so hoping we all get our bonus as its him who closes the company and has promised to deal correct with all of us. That could help me get my MM2H Deposit as been many years with same company and that is a plus point.
Now I know that I cannot work there with a MM2H Visa, if I decide to setup a local Company and pay taxes on profit Earned on that Local Company is that fine? Would never want to make any stupid mistake!
Not sure Expats work or all retired 100%?
Many thx
GCC
Old Feb 7th 2016, 10:11 am
GCC
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JC3
Hi GCC,

JC3
JoyStay is the Only Agent that puts process on the website!
4300 Basic packet.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 12:47 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCC
At present I live in Barcelona, where I was born and I am planning to retire hopefully this year. I am working for a company as logistics provider for some big companies in Spain, my Boss is expecting his retirement letter from Gov. in next 6 months as all paperwork has passed, so hoping we all get our bonus as its him who closes the company and has promised to deal correct with all of us. That could help me get my MM2H Deposit as been many years with same company and that is a plus point.
Now I know that I cannot work there with a MM2H Visa, if I decide to setup a local Company and pay taxes on profit Earned on that Local Company is that fine? Would never want to make any stupid mistake!
Not sure Expats work or all retired 100%?
Many thx
GCC
You can't work in Malaysia on an MM2H visa, fullstop. Nothing prevents you from working elsewhere though.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 12:49 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by GCC
JoyStay is the Only Agent that puts process on the website!
4300 Basic packet.
I think spellcheck or predictive text must have garbled your message, GCC. Do you want to try that again?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 12:53 pm
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I think spellcheck or predictive text must have garbled your message, GCC. Do you want to try that again?
The word is prices
Joystay put their prices on their website
I think they maybe the only MM2H agent that does so
I admire the transparency

JC3
Old Feb 7th 2016, 1:07 pm

We used Joystay first time around. They're based in KL though we did mostly everything remotely by email, except final stages. No complaints at all. They were very good.

Second time around (I have to reapply as I am widowed), I'm using Alter Domus and "in the process" as we speak. They seem very competent and are up to date with the rules (both official and unofficial). No they don't put prices on the website. My understanding is that they price according to how much work they have to do , which is fair enough. I've paid up already and can say that the cost was reasonable. So far, no complaints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.