MM2Hers stuck outside

Old May 18th 2020, 5:52 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2Hers stuck outside

Ok, I’m hesitantly posting as I know some people will want to over interpret. Please take this as sharing information only, and is limited by what I have been told.

my friend’s experience on returning is: foreigners are put up at samasama hotel for all foreigners. Parcels can be delivered. The full (400+ RM per night) is charged up front for 14 days on a credit card provided prior to getting on the plane, but food is being delivered as well.
Old May 19th 2020, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting your GF's experience. Its not clear if she was giving a choice but the cost of MYR400 + food is on the steep side, i am not familiar with that hotel, but hope its worth it. Still in my humble opinion, if you use Malaysia as you primary dwelling, getting back in is a relief.
Old May 19th 2020, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

There's a TripAdvisor review of someone's quarantine stay in the Sama-Sama hotel. The hotels's response explains some of the quarantine procedures hotels must follow.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_..._Selangor.html
Old May 20th 2020, 11:32 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssoomro
Thanks for posting your GF's experience. Its not clear if she was giving a choice but the cost of MYR400 + food is on the steep side, i am not familiar with that hotel, but hope its worth it. Still in my humble opinion, if you use Malaysia as you primary dwelling, getting back in is a relief.
My friend, not GF, was not given a choice for her son. He was allocated.
Old May 21st 2020, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

My apologies for switching your friend's gender. Reading and responding on small phone is to blame.. Its same in SG, the hotels are allocated. Returnees have no choice, however, as far as I know, SG is eating all the hotel costs .. and most of the hotels are on the resort island of Sentosa and actually quite nice. I read an article by someone, describing his quarantine, sounds a LOT different from Malaysia:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-room-service

And this ...if you must be quarantined.. hope its in SG: .....https://www.insider.com/woman-vlogs-...ngapore-2020-4

Also according to latest news, Malaysia now requires returnees to sign an affidavit at the foreign Malays embassy agreeing to fully pay the quarantine costs and airlines are advised accordingly to check for that letter. While Malay returnees will be charged MYR 150 per day . This change comes because some foreign couple refused to pay the cost. ...in the meantime SG announced end of its Circuit Breaker restrictions. If you (like me) do not have any school age children, parents/grandparents to visit, there is virtually NO DIFFERENCE between Circuit Breaker rules and phase one opening up. I admire SG govt for playing the card well, Circuit Breaker is over, we will open in phases, Phase 1, same as circuit breaker.. Phase 2: when we decide phase 1 is over .. hahaha ..

Somedays I miss the american rebelliousness :P :P :P
Old May 21st 2020, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed today the the MM2H department placed an announcement on their website about re-entering Malaysia: http://www.mm2h.gov.my/pdf/GUIDELINE...ER%20(MCO).pdf

There are also some other announcements, related to expired passes during the MCO.
Malaysia My Second Home Official Portal - MM2H Official Portal
Old May 28th 2020, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Here is some more recent information regarding MMHers return: https://www.expatgo.com/my/2020/05/2...D72wpP88WlAKKs
Old Jun 7th 2020, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

ChrisC1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel very sorry for the MM2H holders. I have a LSVP and fortunately for me I’m stuck in Malaysia rather than outside. I’m very glad that I didn’t go down the MM2H route with all its commitments as it seems that some people have been sold a pup. I sure won’t be rushing to do it in the future or be making any financial or property investments here.
I wish all those affected the best of luck for the future.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm inside and "can't leave" too...at least if I leave I may not easily get back in. I don't think that the Malaysian Government can prevent a LSVP or any other foreigner from leaving unless they have committed a crime. And they have actually allowed people with expired visas to leave. Of course, finding a flight to a country where you will be admitted or won't have to face quarantine can be the issue.

If you were Malaysian they can (and are) prevent people from leaving.

Yeah it's one big hassle but they are trying (somewhat successfully) to prevent spread in the general population. The just announced MCO sounds favourable for interstate travel without tests. There is also talk that travel may soon open up between similarly ranked "green zone" ASEAN countries.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

I know that one family live separately, in different countries, from the beginning of MCO. He couldn't get back to Sabah from Philippines in time before MCO started. He is a foreigner, working in Sabah and he was on a business trip in Philippines. His wife with children are in Sabah. His wife's mom came to visit them in December and her 6-month visa already expired. She can't go back to her country.
It is a mess really.
Malaysia is trying to contain the virus mostly by movement control and closing many businesses. However, wearing masks is not mandatory. I see practically no one wearing masks. This is a big mistake.
Why for example shops like art supplies, or water filtration systems, or key repair shops which are operating with the open doors in the fresh air must be closed? Supermarkets are much more dangerous than these shops because there is air possibly with the virus circulating there.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StillSearching
I see practically no one wearing masks.
That is clearly different from my observations here in Penang. I see more than 95% of the people wearing masks. Not only in shops or shopping malls, but also on the streets, or e.g. when they are driving their car. You get stared at when you're walking on the street without wearing a mask.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

IanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really nice

Originally Posted by SushiFan
That is clearly different from my observations here in Penang. I see more than 95% of the people wearing masks. Not only in shops or shopping malls, but also on the streets, or e.g. when they are driving their car. You get stared at when you're walking on the street without wearing a mask.
Got to agree most are good here, some don't wear correctly mind the mask isn't much use tucked under the chin or with the nose poking out. As an observation the worst I think is Tesco both customers and staff wrongly or without to the point we give it a miss these days and use Jaya.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! There was a picture in the newspapers yesterday of former PM Najib and his legal team all talking in court within about 1 foot of one another...most were wearing masks...but under their noses and one was entirely without a mask.

Also I think they were of the make that has the valve that allows filtering of outside air but is wide open during the exhalation.That's not even useful for the prevention of disease transmission. The goal of wearing masks is to prevent an (esp. asymptomatic) infected person from spreading larger droplets...they do very little in preventing the person wearing from getting infected from breathing in an unmasked persons spittle. And certainly they don't prevent one getting droplets on the clothing, skin, face. The light cloth surgical masks primarily protect OTHERS. The valved masks protect self (somewhat), but not others.

So let's assume that one of Najib's team is sick. They are blowing out their infected saliva through their valved chimney onto the others clothing, legal papers, desks, cellphones, etc. The others may not BREATH in the particles with their high end masks but they are awash in a cloud of infective viroids.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 7:18 am
womble

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...b-immigration/
Old Jun 27th 2020, 11:06 am
womble

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...s-ismail-sabri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.