British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Retirement and MM2H (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/)
-   -   MM2H Workshop August 9th, 2018 Putrajaya (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/mm2h-workshop-august-9th-2018-putrajaya-915084/)

RedApe Jul 19th 2018 4:27 am

MM2H Workshop August 9th, 2018 Putrajaya

I was wondering if someone close to KL has connections to get an invitation to this and get back to the group. Oftentimes proposed new changes and announcements are made at these workshops, giving agents a "heads up". It'd be nice if the actual MM2H Community also knew what's being talked about. This is the first major meeting following the election and the appointment of the new Minister of Tourism so any idea about the direction the government is going would be beneficial.

"MM2H NATIONAL WORKSHOP 2018

MM2H Centre and MM2H Agent Association (MM2HAA) are collaborating to organize MM2H National Workshop 2018. This event will be held on 09 August 2018 (Thursday) at Multi-purpose Hall, Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Putrajaya, Malaysia. All registered MM2H agents are invited to join in this Workshop. (Email No. : [email protected]) Thank you. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre Malaysia."

Macsta Jul 19th 2018 5:56 am

Re: MM2H Workshop August 9th, 2018 Putrajaya

Great idea, unfortunately I am presently outside of MY but in the absence of anyone gaining access to an agents meeting it might be worthwhile all MM2H's emailing their agent, prior to the meeting, with suggestions we feel would enhance the programme and hopefully they can raise the points.

Maybe we can list them on this thread and then if each person sends the list it might provoke some action or at least consideration.

MM2H I.D.cards seems to be mentioned a lot.

Epicurious Jul 20th 2018 2:58 am

Very interesting. I'd love to be a fly on that wall, but I have no credentials and no agent connections.
Obviously I'd like to know if the proposed changes outlined for Peninsular MM2H in the (in)famous leaflet are due to go ahead.
Out of self interest I would request that over 60s are exempted from the foreign income criteria, but the FD requirement be raised not quite as high as was mooted.
Also I'd like to know whether or not the Sarawak MM2H scheme will continue to have its own distinct terms.

RedApe Jul 20th 2018 3:13 am

Probably a lot of paperwork, but it would be nice if they allowed more ways of withdrawing from the fixed account...perhaps for locally produced products, services, rent. That would actually be money going directly into the Malaysian economy (from abroad)...rather than an account that would be closed eventually and the money leaving (by the MM2H recipient or their heirs).

I don't think the Federal Government would want to compel Sarawak to change their program to conform with the MM2H. The 1963 merger to create Malaysia allowed certain State ministries to establish their own rules . Amongst those were Tourism and Immigration for entry and residence in the State. What they could do is encourage Sarawak to see the benefits in allowing those on the MM2H program on the peninsula to reside in Sarawak. Seems a win to Sarawak. I'd also think that a Peninsular Malaysian that has retired, and is not working in Sarawak, should be allowed to retire there...that also just "brings money earned elsewhere IN".

InVinoVeritas Jul 20th 2018 10:09 am

Don't get too excited by this peeps, the workshop is for agents only, because they want to "teach" the agents how to submit good applications. It is not intended for the "announcement of any changes". It is also a compulsory course for license renewal. As for ID cards, immigration is not going to issue ID cards anymore.

This info is straight from the horse's mouth :tape:

kiat137 Aug 8th 2018 1:28 am

The workshop is purely for licensed agent only to get some update & certificate for renew license.
Usually no important changes to be announce.

heliaviator Aug 9th 2018 9:29 am