British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Retirement and MM2H (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/)
-   -   MM2H visa trip to Putrajaya experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/mm2h-visa-trip-putrajaya-experience-862142/)

man from emas Jul 20th 2015 3:07 pm

MM2H visa trip to Putrajaya experience

When we came back about ten days ago my wife had her passport, & as we were in KL this morning for another apointment, we thought we would try & do the visa passport stamp change-over ourselves.

This Putrajaya complex is by no means small its a massive area, its taken up with many km of dual carriageways, lakes, lawns, with various office blocks scattered around it just goes on for mile after mile, we saw no shops or anything near by where does everyone live or eat? its close to the new airport terminal so its about 40.km from KL central. We went out in a cab on a meter, (we flew down so no car) fair enough follow the signs for Presint 5 (along with 1-20) the roads go on for ever, anyway we found the Ministry Of tourism block, up to the 10th floor & took our number, we were served straight away (several other couples were there no doubt awaiting their papers) I asked how long it would take, & he said couple hours, & they close for lunch as well, I told him we had a taxi down stairs on a meter, & we were finished & out well within the hour very good really.

Even better the taxi driver agreed to wait & did "not" run his meter while he waited, so for a KL taxi driver thats 10/10.

roystevenung Jul 20th 2015 3:45 pm

Re: MM2H visa trip to Putrajaya experience

There is a bus service running for the Putrajaya surroundings.

It only costs RM0.50 cents and is decently reliable.

bakedbean Jul 21st 2015 9:24 am

Good report. Man from emas, hope you don't mind, I've shifted this topic into the MM2H and retirement section, as this might be useful for others who are searching through that section.

Rajuae Jul 22nd 2015 8:13 am

Hi Roy
I love this bus trip. For 50 Sen you get the whole shebang, a 45 minute grand tour of the whole of Putrajaya before we get to Putrajaya Central.

Strongly recommended!!!!

Originally Posted by roystevenung (Post 11703803)
There is a bus service running for the Putrajaya surroundings.

It only costs RM0.50 cents and is decently reliable.

roystevenung Jul 22nd 2015 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rajuae (Post 11705254)
Hi Roy
I love this bus trip. For 50 Sen you get the whole shebang, a 45 minute grand tour of the whole of Putrajaya before we get to Putrajaya Central.

Strongly recommended!!!!

As Bakedbeans would have put it, that's £0.08 ... dirt cheap :p

I wonder how much would a 45min ride in a taxi cost? :unsure:

meinkl Oct 7th 2015 9:41 am

Do they still have the coffee machine on the 10th floor that they used to have on the 4th?
It's such a joy/priviledge to have a special immigration office with comfy chairs, no queues and friendly staff.