Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

MM2H visa transfer to new Passport

MM2H visa transfer to new Passport

Old Jul 15th 2016, 8:43 am
Just Joined

skates81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H visa transfer to new Passport

Hi Guys,

Will soon be transferring the visa to a new passport as current passport is expiring soon. What's the process and timeframe involved?
Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H visa transfer to new Passport

We did this about 3+years ago. We went to Putrajaya office when they opened in the morning and about 30 mins later we left with the new MM2H in our new passport.

We did everything in the office. I don't recall the documents needed so just took everything I had but I believe the original Conditional Acceptance has some importance......there must be a procedure on their website.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 10:38 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi skates81

We did this transfer recently for my wife’s new passport. As she is the ‘dependant spouse’ my wife could only extend her MM2H pass up to the date when my own passport expires as I am the ‘principal applicant’. A nuisance as mine expires in two years.

As far as I remember my wife also had to pay a small annual fee in cash for each year of validity of her new pass.

We went to the office in Putrajaya first thing on a Monday morning and it was all done within 30 minutes.

A tip for husband & wife MM2H newbies would be to get two new passports with matching expiry dates just before you want your 10 year MM2H passes. This would reduce hassle and alleviate several trips to Putrajaya! I wish I'd known when we first applied.

JC3
Old Jul 16th 2016, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

If you check your initial MM2H approval letter you will note that there is a charge of (currently) 10x90RM being the annual charge of 90RM times the ten year maximum period. Compare that with your recipts from when you got the visa into your passport and you will find that you paid less than 900RM being only charged for the years left on your passport.

So yes JC3 is correct that there will be a charge to pay but it is only for the sum that was not paid upfront.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

I guess one does need to bring both the old passport and the new passport to transfer the visa?
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Nobby J is an unknown quantity at this point

Checking on the website it seems that these instructions apply

Apply For Extension - MM2H Official Portal

I our case we used an agent for the original MM2H application, and they sourced the sponsor too.
Form IM 12 (part of the above) needs sponsor details, and their signature, which i do not have.
Anyone else had this problem and found a resolution?
(I have an email into my agent to get the sponsor details but as yet no reply).
I have a feeling that we maybe locked into the agent to extend..............
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Are you all of Commonwealth-Origin?

I guess for all others the Journey Performed Problem will occur again. If you enter Malaysia with a new passport without MM2H you will have to pay the RM 500 penalty per person when the new MM2H visa will be sticked in your new passport, right?

How to avoid, anybody did the extension already?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eCdD

I guess for all others the Journey Performed Problem will occur again. If you enter Malaysia with a new passport without MM2H you will have to pay the RM 500 penalty per person when the new MM2H visa will be sticked in your new passport, right?

had our new Canadian 10 year passports done in HK. Returned to Penang using the new and the old, no problem. Then got MM2H page on our two new passports. Didn't have to pay any penalty.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 1:49 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by columbine
had our new Canadian 10 year passports done in HK. Returned to Penang using the new and the old, no problem. Then got MM2H page on our two new passports. Didn't have to pay any penalty.
Canada is a Commonwealth country so you would not need the Journey Performed Visa (JPV). Not sure if EcCd will need it or not.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eCdD

No, I'm not.

Can't you get your new passport via your embassy in Malaysia? If so, there is no reason for you to leave the country on the old passport and return on the new passport.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a great solution! Thanks, SF.