Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

MM2H visa run if anyone is interested!

MM2H visa run if anyone is interested!

Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H visa run if anyone is interested!

Hi All

First of all, many thanks to all the BE Malaysian forum members for all the help and valuable information contained in the forum, it help a lot. I am posting this in case it assists others.

Having got the MM2H approval letter nearly 6 months ago, I have just completed a very hectic visa trip to Penang and Putrajara. Arrived into KLIA on Friday17th June at 8am, managed to catch Air Asia flight from KLIA2 at 10.35 to Penang, which I didn’t think I would, but did with time to spare (no queue at immigration and had only hand luggage) and straight from Penang airport into HSBC Downing Street.

The hardest part of the final visa process was actually opening an account with HSBC, prior to arriving in Penang, even though I am a HSBC Premier customer and they advertise they could arrange opening of account in other countries, they couldn’t and I only managed this at the last minute as my wife flew into Penang 2 weeks earlier and was able to get a relationship manager to assist me. This involved getting all my documents witnessed by HSBC in Qatar and couriering across to Penang.

However I was not able to Global link my accounts to transfer funds, until the secure device was issued on my arrival in Penang, so had to TT funds in advance to ensure funds arrived before I did.

On arrival in HSBC the staff were very helpful and completed all the formalities and opened two accounts for FDs and one to get Premier status, as it was half the amount needed in Jersey and less than two hours later, all done.

Next was the immigration stamp on the Security form, as per previous post, exit bank and turn right and along same street on right, the only difference to other members was I didn’t need to buy a 10RM stamp at the post office, as they can issue a 10RM stamp directly onto the form if you have cash.

Lastly, went back down the street pass the bank and used the Clinic opposite the tourist office for a medical and 60RM later all done.

Spent the weekend catching up with wife’s family and friends before leaving for Putrajara on Monday morning. We took the KLIA transit train from the airport to Putrajara station and taxi to our Hotel “Pullman Putrajara Lakeside” which is right across the street from the MM2H offices. Again one hour later and formalities completed with MM2H visa in passport…job done.

Used the Diplomatic/MM2H counter at KLIA airport when I departed with no issues.

(Apologies to JC3 as I didn’t get a chance to catch up while I was in Penang but for sure next time.)
Old Jul 10th 2016, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H visa run if anyone is interested!

Great, well done. Congratulations on your MM2H!
Old Jul 10th 2016, 8:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Welcome to the (MM2H) Club.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks