MM2H visa processing difficulties

Old May 1st 2018, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Fenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H visa processing difficulties

Originally Posted by IndoTom
My agent just notified me about my MM2H conditional approval. It took 6 months and 10 days. The approval committee meeting date was in March but the date on the document was April 27th. So there must be some processing that slows things down a bit somewhere before we get notified and the official approval letter is sent to us.
Congratulations! Big relief when it comes through isn't it?
Old May 1st 2018, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndoTom
My agent just notified me about my MM2H conditional approval. It took 6 months and 10 days. The approval committee meeting date was in March but the date on the document was April 27th. So there must be some processing that slows things down a bit somewhere before we get notified and the official approval letter is sent to us.
Congratulations to all getting their letters.

I too wonder what the delays could be between the "committee" approval date and the actual issuing of the letters (> 1 month). And the delay between the letterhead date and notification from the agent (1 month). Does the mail pile up into stacks and then someone says "we had better get these out"? Or does the agent, whom is receiving thousands of ringgit for providing the service, sit on their hands for a month...thus reducing the actual time one has to complete the process?

In Sarawak I got the entire process done in two months...from submission to actually getting the visa.I cut out the "middle man" (no agent) and even stopped going to the the Ministry of Tourism when I realized that it was a useless additional step. Admittedly I'm a nervous Nelly and don't like things going into bureaucratic "black boxes". I'd be apoplectic with such long waits where it's obvious that it could be done much more rapidly.
Old May 2nd 2018, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
I too wonder what the delays could be between the "committee" approval date and the actual issuing of the letters (> 1 month). And the delay between the letterhead date and notification from the agent (1 month). Does the mail pile up into stacks and then someone says "we had better get these out"? Or does the agent, whom is receiving thousands of ringgit for providing the service, sit on their hands for a month...thus reducing the actual time one has to complete the process?
Has nothing to do with the agents, they will not get the result before you get it. Actually the gap was already one month in the "old times" (2016) when it only took 2 to 3 months altogether. After the meeting many people have to sign things, things must be stamped and so on

If you are really in a hurry you can ask for a PDF of the letter after know that you are approved.
Old May 3rd 2018, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eCdD
Has nothing to do with the agents, they will not get the result before you get it. Actually the gap was already one month in the "old times" (2016) when it only took 2 to 3 months altogether. After the meeting many people have to sign things, things must be stamped and so on

If you are really in a hurry you can ask for a PDF of the letter after know that you are approved.
I also just heard from MM2H office that I'm approved (applied 7 months ago) and they will mail the letter. But I'm going to Malaysia soon, so is it really possible to get a PDF, does that work for bank account opening?
Old May 4th 2018, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepen
I also just heard from MM2H office that I'm approved (applied 7 months ago) and they will mail the letter. But I'm going to Malaysia soon, so is it really possible to get a PDF, does that work for bank account opening?
yes, we got the original letter almost 1 1/2 years later because it was sent oversees and we were all the times in Malaysia. But you know you must enter Malaysia with a correct visa when you want to set up your MM2H? Otherwise you will have to pay a RM 500 fine (per person) and will have a lot of troubles later. Note that some Commonwealth countries are except from this, so others as Netherlands and Switzerland (I believe!) also.
Old May 4th 2018, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eCdD
yes, we got the original letter almost 1 1/2 years later because it was sent oversees and we were all the times in Malaysia. But you know you must enter Malaysia with a correct visa when you want to set up your MM2H? Otherwise you will have to pay a RM 500 fine (per person) and will have a lot of troubles later. Note that some Commonwealth countries are except from this, so others as Netherlands and Switzerland (I believe!) also.
What is the other trouble except the 500rm fee?
So I should wait until I receive the letter, then go to MY embassy and get a visa? Can I get this visa without the letter, by showing MM2H email etc?
Old May 4th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told to get a tourist visa for MY before coming to get my MM2H stamp.
At the MY embassy they were a bit confused why I wanted this as my nationality is allowed visa-free entry but nevertheless, because I asked, they issued one.
Having this in my passport then saved me the RM 500:- price for the 'journey performed' sticker. (It was not needed because I had the visa)
But, I don't quite understand the logic of this 'journey performed' thing.
My wife didn't have a tourist visa so she had to pay the 500:-! But she got no troubles whatsoever, I think they may even be happy if they can charge the extra 500!
Oh yes, I think I got the visa w/o showing the letter. (This was some 10 years ago, I am presently renewing the visa. (through the same agent which I used when getting the first one)
Old May 4th 2018, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

What is the other trouble except the 500rm fee?
So I should wait until I receive the letter, then go to MY embassy and get a visa? Can I get this visa without the letter, by showing MM2H email etc?
Normally you don´t need to go to the MY embassy, it can be done by post. I was told you cannot get the so-called visa with reference without the letter, but I don´t know the exact procedure as I have failed.

The troubles in the future: When you have kids and want to put them also under your MM2H you will not get a visa with reference for entry for them. If the main applicant failed all dependents also will fail. You can avoid this if your wife gives birth in MY, then the babys passport is empty and no journey performed is necessary

I guess kiat137 can tell the exact regulations.
Old May 4th 2018, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

What do you mean by failed ?
Is the trouble that you need to pay 500myr also for the dependents
Old May 5th 2018, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

eCdD- I'm also quite confused about all this "Journey Performed" crap.

First, doesn't it only require a Short-Term Visa without Reference to avoid this fee?

Aren't Commonwealth citizens exempt?

Wouldn't children who are also Commonwealth citizens also be exempt? But there are some Commonwealth countries that are not exempt (or does this only apply to Long-Term Visas).

It almost seems to be a completely arbitrary way to eliminate RM from an applicants pocket.

And really...why can't an immigration office issue a Short-Term Visa for the stated fee (RM6-20) but a consulate or embassy can? And what are the services required to justify a RM500 fee?
Old May 6th 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

First, doesn't it only require a Short-Term Visa without Reference to avoid this fee? -> No, any "normal" short term visa is useless, even if you got it from embassy and they wrote friendly things like "special pass" in order to help you to avoid the JP fee.

Aren't Commonwealth citizens exempt? - Not all Commonwealth are exempt, but almost all. On the other hand there are two or three non-commonwealth nationalites that are exempt also. I think even in Malaysia nobody knows why especially Switzerland, Holland and Sweden (I think there are the three) are exempt.

Wouldn't children who are also Commonwealth citizens also be exempt? -> Yes, they are exempt also.

It almost seems to be a completely arbitrary way to eliminate RM from an applicants pocket. -> Yes, it is openly communicated by the ministry that gaining revenue from Journey Performed visas is one of the goals of MM2H. And yes, it is a hell of money, me alone paid already RM 1500. By far the highest costs we had with MM2H.

And really...why can't an immigration office issue a Short-Term Visa for the stated fee (RM6-20) but a consulate or embassy can? And what are the services required to justify a RM500 fee? -> see above
Old May 7th 2018, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the short term visa which I obtained. And I did therefore NOT have to pay any 'Journey Performed' visa.
Mind you, this was in 2008 though
Attached Thumbnails MM2H visa processing difficulties-scan_20180507.jpg  
Old May 7th 2018, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The cost for my wifes' JP visa was RM536:-, 36 was the visa fee and 500 the 'process charge'.
It is actually called a single entry visa, valid for one month according to Section 2(1) of the Passport Act 1966.
This was issued in 2011 here in Malaysia when I entered my wife as a dependent. (she entered Malaysia as an ordinaly tourist w/o visa)
It is a big sticker, covering a full PP page. And it has the text 'Journey Performed' printed (not stamped) diagonally accross it.
Old May 7th 2018, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

BTW, I can see that my tourist visa states the MM2H approval letter reference. Meaning that I had to show it to the Embassy staff.
Old May 7th 2018, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Macsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stepen, are you using an agent? After I received notification that I had been conditionally approved (Sept 2016) I arranged with my agent to deliver the original MM2H approval letter to my choice of MY bank (HSBC) and on this basis they opened the FD accounts for me prior to my arrival and I deposited the required funds from overseas. Then when I travelled, I entered MY on a visa on arrival, (I'm a Brit). I collected my original FD letters, had my medical (ha!) then all docs to Putrajaya for visa to be issued to my passport (540 RM) - it was pretty straightforward. Regarding entering MY the only advice from the agent was make sure you get your passport stamped upon entry as they will not issue the visa into your passport without sight of this.

I have to say the use of an agent did give me a degree of reassurance and I am always mindful they know the pitfalls and solutions so to me it was a justified investment.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.