MM2H Visa Application

Old Oct 16th 2016, 10:54 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H Visa Application

Good morning,
I am applying for the MM2H visa and I am completing the application without an Agent.
I am wondering what other applicants have done with regards to sponsorship without engaging an Agent?
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2016, 11:18 pm
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,021
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by Jules.Dot.Sam
Good morning,
I am applying for the MM2H visa and I am completing the application without an Agent.
I am wondering what other applicants have done with regards to sponsorship without engaging an Agent?
Welcome to BE. I will move your thread over to our Malaysia forum...the people who hang out in that forum will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2016, 11:21 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE. I will move your thread over to our Malaysia forum...the people who hang out in that forum will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Thankyou so much!
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:13 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
NeonHippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Penang
Posts: 516
NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by Jules.Dot.Sam
Thankyou so much!
Try looking in the mm2h section here Retirement and MM2H - British Expats. You will find a wealth of information. In particular the mm2h how to apply thread.
NeonHippy is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:24 am
  #5  
...............
 
bakedbean's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Far North Queensland
Posts: 17,625
bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

As Neon said. I'll get Mods to shift your topic over there.

I have just done the visa for the second time and I used Alter Domus agent in Penang. Well, for me, it was slightly more complicated as I became widowed but also it made financial sense. You pay the agent of course but it saves at least 2 trips (flights, hotels) to Kuala Lumpur.

But hopefully others can give you some pointers.
bakedbean is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:55 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
Try looking in the mm2h section here Retirement and MM2H - British Expats. You will find a wealth of information. In particular the mm2h how to apply thread.
thanks will do
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:56 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by bakedbean
As Neon said. I'll get Mods to shift your topic over there.

I have just done the visa for the second time and I used Alter Domus agent in Penang. Well, for me, it was slightly more complicated as I became widowed but also it made financial sense. You pay the agent of course but it saves at least 2 trips (flights, hotels) to Kuala Lumpur.

But hopefully others can give you some pointers.
thanks very much
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:22 pm
  #8  
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,762
JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by Jules.Dot.Sam
thanks very much
Hi,

I suggest you look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/retir.../#post11573187
and start reading from about Post #35

If you are applying for MM2H directly without an agent you don't need a sponsor as far as I know. (A husband and wife can 'sponsor' each other).
If you get stuck on any part of the application process just phone the MM2H office early in the morning at about 8am to 8.30am before they get busy and ask for help and advice. The staff there are usually very helpful, but don't seem to respond to email!

Good luck!

JC3
JC3 is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:36 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by JC3
Hi,

I suggest you look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/retir.../#post11573187
and start reading from about Post #35

If you are applying for MM2H directly without an agent you don't need a sponsor as far as I know. (A husband and wife can 'sponsor' each other).
If you get stuck on any part of the application process just phone the MM2H office early in the morning at about 8am to 8.30am before they get busy and ask for help and advice. The staff there are usually very helpful, but don't seem to respond to email!

Good luck!

JC3
Thanks JC3, I have decided to engage an Agent afterall for peace of mind!
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:32 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Thanks for your responses. As an update, after sending an enquiry to the MM2H office, I received a response to confirm that applicants applying directly, ie without an Agent, do not have to have a sponsor. However, I have decided to engage an Agent for peace of mind and given their level of expertise handling applications.
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2016, 6:54 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,274
Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Prior to selecting an agent please ensure they offer a money back guarantee if they continue with your application and it's rejected.
Davita is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:46 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Jules.Dot.Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Visa Application

Originally Posted by Davita
Prior to selecting an agent please ensure they offer a money back guarantee if they continue with your application and it's rejected.
Thankyou, yes I have read their terms in the agreement.
Jules.Dot.Sam is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.