Mm2h and two passports

Old Feb 1st 2019, 11:14 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2018
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Posts: 52
StillSearching is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
For example, you fly to KL to get your new passport at the British Embassy. They take your old one, process the paperwork and take your fees. When the embassy issues your new one it has no Sarawak MM2H Visa. You can't get it in PJ as that is not the appropriate immigration office. So you fly back to Kuching...Oooops. You have no visa in your new passport, and your Sarawak M2H is in your old, cancelled, one. Will they let you in?
If you have your old passport and a new one in your hands at the border, they will let you in. You explain that you just got a new passport and will be working on getting a record for M2H in your new passport in Sarawak.

StillSearching is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2019, 11:45 am
  #17  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 1
ppgupta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Dear sir/Madam,I have 10 years approval for MM2H Programme and got stamp on my passport up to 04th August, 2020 as my passport validity is until 11th September, 2020. Now I am out of Malaysia and want to get new passport from my country.Since, my MM2H is valid until 2025, with stamp on my passport up to 04August, 2020. Can I enter Malaysia, on new passport from my country with old passport MM2H stamp to get extension of another 5 years (Initial approval is for 10 years) Please advise.
ppgupta is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2019, 12:16 pm
  #18  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 441
RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

I think you would enter Malaysia on your New passport showing them the expired passport and tell them that you are going to transfer the stamp at immigration. They may issue you a short term visa to go to Putrajaya to make the transfer. That will be cancelled upon the transfer.
RedApe is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2019, 4:46 am
  #19  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 151
stepen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Originally Posted by ppgupta View Post
Dear sir/Madam,I have 10 years approval for MM2H Programme and got stamp on my passport up to 04th August, 2020 as my passport validity is until 11th September, 2020. Now I am out of Malaysia and want to get new passport from my country.Since, my MM2H is valid until 2025, with stamp on my passport up to 04August, 2020. Can I enter Malaysia, on new passport from my country with old passport MM2H stamp to get extension of another 5 years (Initial approval is for 10 years) Please advise.
You get 30 days and stamp with "Report to Putrajava".
I guess you could get 90 days if you don't show the previous passport, but then you'll have to pay the journey performed visa fee again when you transfer the visa to the new passport.
stepen is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:11 am
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2018
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Posts: 52
StillSearching is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Originally Posted by ppgupta View Post
I have 10 years approval for MM2H Programme and got stamp on my passport up to 04th August, 2020 as my passport validity is until 11th September, 2020. Now I am out of Malaysia and want to get new passport from my country.Since, my MM2H is valid until 2025, with stamp on my passport up to 04August, 2020. Can I enter Malaysia, on new passport from my country with old passport MM2H stamp to get extension of another 5 years (Initial approval is for 10 years) Please advise.
All replies are correct. Additionally to the old and the new passports in your hands, show your original MM2H approval letter to an officer at the border. This is important.
Then you would need to go to the immigration with these following documents:
1. old passport copy (Biographical and MM2H visa page)
2. new passport copy (all pages)
3. approval letter copy
4. updated fixed deposit statement from the bank
5. form imm. 55/ 25 (this is for Sabah; it might be a different requirement for West MY)

StillSearching is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:37 am
  #21  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 151
stepen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Originally Posted by StillSearching View Post
All replies are correct. Additionally to the old and the new passports in your hands, show your original MM2H approval letter to an officer at the border. This is important.
Then you would need to go to the immigration with these following documents:
1. old passport copy (Biographical and MM2H visa page)
2. new passport copy (all pages)
3. approval letter copy
4. updated fixed deposit statement from the bank
5. form imm. 55/ 25 (this is for Sabah; it might be a different requirement for West MY)
I didn't need to show the approval letter when entering Malaysia, and didn't need to show updated fixed deposit statement from bank when moving the visa to the new passport.
I also didn't copy all the empty pages in the new passport.
​​​​​​
stepen is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2019, 3:39 am
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2018
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Posts: 52
StillSearching is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mm2h and two passports

Originally Posted by stepen View Post
I didn't need to show the approval letter when entering Malaysia, and didn't need to show updated fixed deposit statement from bank when moving the visa to the new passport.
I also didn't copy all the empty pages in the new passport.
​​​​​​
I see. I guess the requirements for Sabah are different than for West MY.
I prefer to be over-prepared though.
StillSearching is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.