MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Old Sep 5th 2020, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

meched55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Thanks RA,
if I read it correctly over 50 don’t have to buy a property? For the 15 days a year that’s isnt too bad. 2 vacations for 7-8 days a year or 1 for 15? If one were to live on the mainland it’s not too much to ask. The rest of it wow all negatives. Seems they never make anything better when they change something only worse. They think 1240
applicants is a lot. Lol they probably just cut that down with their new and improved program. Going to have the opposite effect. Like Indonesia Komodo island govt is making a requirement to have A membership to visit plus fees. The membership yearly
is $1000 USD. But they will allow
visitors to go to another island with smaller Komodo’s to see without a membership. They said they want that island to be an ELITE destination. Wonder how that will work out for them?
It’s no wonder they didn’t let you attend the meeting.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

I am ROFL (Rolling on the floor laughing) reading RA's post on new requirements of S-MM2H program... So a bunch of bureaucrats/pols got together and decided to put together a "program to ATTRACT foreign retirees"...and set about every stipulation that a foreigner may find hard to overcome or unreasonable (if not outright repugnant) ... soooo Orwellian .....two things specially stick out to me.. the requirement for under-50 applicants to buy a home first .. is HILARIOUS .. as RA pointed out .. these ppl are more likely to still be working with smaller nest egg and for them to commit to a serious investment upfront....for a 5 year stay visa ? i can already hear the stampede outside the ministry office .. 40-something pushing and shoving each other to try and get to the application window..this new requirement is going to break all records of participation

Frankly to me the whole sponsorship requirement has been the least favorite part of S-MM2H .. it may be unique for this kind of program (i think Indonesia may have similar requirement somewhere..conjuring up this kindda stuff seems to be common in Malay and Indo systems ..hahaha) .. my concern is the subjectivity and arbitrary nature of it.. i can understand if the sponsorship comes from someone who knows you for some time..has had business/personal dealings with you and can vouch for your 'character and trustworthiness' ... but its seems any joe on the street can be convinced under the influence of some silver to vouch for you.. no questions asked.. so why is it really there.. is it some pol' idea to get the local some silver ? wonder what does the plank at the door says ... as the motto of the department ...let me guess...""I am looking for Intellect....but absurdity defines me"
Old Sep 24th 2020, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

GreenState is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello RedApe,
Do you know any reliable MM2H agent(s) for Sarawak MM2h?
TIA.
Old Sep 25th 2020, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenState
Hello RedApe,
Do you know any reliable MM2H agent(s) for Sarawak MM2h?
TIA.
Well therein lies the problem.

Because the Sarawak Ministry of Immigration previously did not allow agents...and now they have opened the door for Sarawak agents....there are not current APPROVED Sarawakian agents prepared for receiving applications

The S-MM2H website has just put a list up of agents, but I would call these "possible agents". A few calls around found that several of their staff had no idea what I was talking about, two stated they were no longer handling the applications (the staffer could have been wrong), and other were considering getting back in but had not reviewed the new rules and had not established a schedule of prices. My suspicion is that most of these will likely get back into the game if they company hasn't gone entirely underwater. There may be others that jump into the dance as well. Whether they actually are acceptably licensed and charge reasonable fees, and know what they are doing are other issues altogether.

https://mtac.sarawak.gov.my/upload/f...r%20S-MM2H.jpg

If you do make enquiries it might be helpful to provide any information here.

Last edited by RedApe; Sep 25th 2020 at 2:20 am.
Old Sep 25th 2020, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Meched- Yes the RM600K Property Purchase only applies to the one category...40-50 years old without children attending a local school. The "Over 30 with Children in local school" do not have to purchase property.

The way I see this is they really want under 50's to be resident. Kid's enrolled in a local school or have a residential property. The 15 Day a year requirement is for every new recipient...and while not onerous could be tricky. You have to be careful to spend those 15 days in Sarawak each and every year...Miss one year cycle and you may not get your visa renewed.

BTW All new recipients will get a TEN Year Visa.

So ironically one has to do these visits year-in and year-out for ten years....except for those who have no intent on renewal. If you are fine with the 10 Years without a renewal....you don't have to spend a single day in Sarawak once you have your visa. Or someone that screws up early on...may simply stop coming to Sarawak. The law of unforeseen consequences. They would have been better off with allowing one to apply the 15/days/year (i.e. 150 day) in any pattern the recipient wished. It's the same amount of spending into the economy. You could spend 5 months the first year and clear the requirement. Or, if you had family emergencies or other issues keep you at home for a year you could catch up" later. And even better they could break it up in two phases by first awarding a five year visa (requiring 75 days residency), and follow that with a ten year visa at 150 days for subsequent renewals. That would get rid of the "parasites" who have no intent to stay/visit in Sarawak fairly quickly. Frankly I'd think 1/month a year (or 30 days) would actually be reasonable if they allowed bunching/clustering.
Old Sep 25th 2020, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Thank you!
We're thinking about applying for SMM2H, whenever Sarawak is open again to foreign visitors.
And we would like to use an approved agent

GS
Old Oct 16th 2020, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

The real estate industry is clearly not happy with the suspension and is nudging the Govt to get on with it:
Insight - Driving home a message on MM2H
Besides attracting residents from countries such as Hong Kong, Japan, China and other developed countries, the Tourism Ministry and the Immigration Office must gear up the programme in order to attract good quality foreigners.The government should take this opportunity to expedite and finalise the enhanced programme of MM2H by engaging all parties concerned, including state authorities in lowering the threshold residential price and making the MM2H programme as part of the post-Covid economic recovery plan.

Any prolonged delay and silence on the MM2H programme will definitely affect the image of Malaysia as the ideal destination for retirement.

This article is contributed by Fiabci Malaysia, a real estate federation.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

good quality foreigners
That is one way of putting it. LOL.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Epicurious
The real estate industry is clearly not happy with the suspension and is nudging the Govt to get on with it:
Insight - Driving home a message on MM2H
Good Share Epicurious....I think if something good has to come out of suspension of MM2H program, internal (MY based) business and social/political pressure needs to come into play, a number of constituents (Realtors, Agents, tour operators etc) directly benefit from the program and need to speak out etc.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Malaysia expected to regress in battle with Covid-19:
https://www.iqiglobal.com/blog/malay...d-19-pandemic/

Turns out Malaysia doesn't need foreigners to spread Covid-19. It can do well by itself.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

The news of today is no news: https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...frozen/1918574
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link.
This I think is the highlight:
“Actually we have not finalised the cancellation of the programme, we are reviewing and devising certain conditions. That is the reason why we returned the applications, to enable them (applicants) to meet the new conditions."

All pending applications have been returned.
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GreenState
Thanks for the link.
This I think is the highlight:
“Actually we have not finalised the cancellation of the programme, we are reviewing and devising certain conditions. That is the reason why we returned the applications, to enable them (applicants) to meet the new conditions."

All pending applications have been returned.
Program review submitted.
Waiting for Cabinet to lift MM2H
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...m2h-suspension
Old Aug 12th 2021, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

For those following this thread, a link to a new thread with details of the new Peninsular MM2H conditions. Kindly reply there.
Old Aug 13th 2021, 10:40 am
Just Joined

smartcard is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe Turkey looks like a good alternative of MM2H particularly for retirement purpose. I am not talking about the > 250,000$ Turkey Citizenship by Investment, I am talking about buying real estate in Turkey for any amount and getting residence permit, it says that you can get 1 year permanent residency which can be renewed annually. By this the property owners can relocate and have their second home in Turkey

The plus point here is that the Turkish government as well allows you to get the Turkish citizenship if you stay in Turkey for 5 years.

I am seriously looking at it as MM2H is a history for most of us