MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:30 am
Just Joined

GreenState is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Program in a limbo ???

rs2000,
Applicants who were told that the program is canceled are likely part of those who were rejected.
For these unfortunate people, their agents should refund their down payments, or resubmit later when MM2H gets reactivated.
Applications that are currently in the pipeline (ie. frozen but not rejected) will be processed when MM2H resumes in Dec/Jan.
My application was submitted in Sept.2019, not rejected but on hold.

Stay safe and healthy
Old Aug 20th 2020, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GreenState
rs2000,
Applicants who were told that the program is canceled are likely part of those who were rejected.
For these unfortunate people, their agents should refund their down payments, or resubmit later when MM2H gets reactivated.
Applications that are currently in the pipeline (ie. frozen but not rejected) will be processed when MM2H resumes in Dec/Jan.
My application was submitted in Sept.2019, not rejected but on hold.

Stay safe and healthy
did you check with anyone in the current mm2h staff ? Or are you just looking at your application status from online system ?

thanks
Old Aug 20th 2020, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rs2000
did you check with anyone in the current mm2h staff ? Or are you just looking at your application status from online system ?

thanks
No. I never want to contact MM2H staff people.
And the online system web link is not secured.
I communicate only with our MM2H agent; I trust them.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rs2000
Thanks for the reply

i am just so disappointed about all the outcome
my timing is bad as I had hoped to use this to settle my family and really can’t afford putting in anymore money in their bank account
Wait...you are under 50, and have kids that "could" enroll in a Sarawak International school.

You'd be eligible.

You seem to think that the Peninsular program is less expensive. It's not.

If under 50 on the Peninsula an under 50 has to show that they have RM10,000/month income. But you also have to demonstrate RM500K in liquid assets!
Sarawak does require the proof of income...but they don't have a liquid asset requirement.

On the Peninsula you have to establish a RM300,000 Fixed Deposit for ten-years
In Sarawak the FD is RM150,000

On the Peninsula you can withdraw half the fixed deposit for school tuition, property purchase, and health issues...but you must retain RM150,000 in the FD.
In Sarawak you can reduce your FD by RM90,000 down to RM 60,000 for any of the above needs, plus you can purchase a new or second-hand car using the FD.

Of course you can only benefit from the withdrawal options if you live in Sarawak, not the Peninsula. As well, currently, you need to find a local sponsor, cannot use an agent and must take your health checks in Sarawak. Children must get student visas, so there is a small amount of additional fees. Schools are generally less costly than on the Peninsula...and there is no threat of making the vernacular or international schools adopting a "national curriculum". The international schools operate a Cambridge Preparation Curriculum.

Old Aug 27th 2020, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

You are really thinking that there is a government in Dec/Jan that will resume this program?

I don´t think so, I expect this will be campaigning time for the new general election and after the election all positions in MOTAC and Immigration department will change once more and MM2H for sure has not the highest priority for the new government. Better expect a long, long delay if there will be a restart at all. This political crisis is far from over and lots of bad things on the horizon.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Even if they do process the old applications they will process them under the new conditions, whatever those are. Those who do not meet the minimum assets established will be rejected...and if the can somehow scrape together the needed proof of increased assets (or different proofs) then they will be asked to reapply. Those who meet the qualifying standards may be given approval but be told they have to meet the new Fixed Deposit or other qualifications. They may be given a certain amount of time to submit their FD and any other final documentation required.

Of course, maybe nothing will change...the whole review is simply a soufflé created to retain the MM2H under the Ministry of Tourism until Nancy Shukri can bend the ear of enough MP's to convince them that reducing the program is a very, very bad idea at a time when the government will need lots of new revenue.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Interesting point.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Hi RedApe,
I hope you're doing well.
We'll accept whatever it is when the time comes. Then decide what to do.
Like the Nomad Capitalist says - Go where they treat you the best.
Cheers,
GS
Old Aug 28th 2020, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Like the Nomad Capitalist says - Go where they treat you the best.
Correct. And this is why it is wise not to put roots in a place. The world is changing and you move freely like a Bambi to where the grass is greener.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Agree...my original plan was to use Malaysia (Sarawak) as a base to travel around Asia and perhaps even take a global tour. I had some plan B's and even C's if something bad happened in Malaysia (which was viewed as low crime, secure and open). Best laid plans that have been derailed by ta global pandemic. And the plan B's (Northern Thailand, the Philippines, maybe Vietnam) seem even worse or more difficult alternatives. I'm here, can't really travel out (and return) unless I am willing to face some difficulties and high costs, so effectively in a "hold in place" situation. Definitely not what I expected. Still Sarawak is interesting enough to me that I'm able to enjoy myself. People are nice, crime is zilch, nature and parks are nearby and Covid is not really looming over everyone...though there is a fear of it coming in and thus concern about opening the borders to free movement (even with Peninsula Malaysia). So in some ways I've been compelled to plant more roots than I expected...though not intent on buying property I may end up buying a car.

Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we are really glad that we stay here during the pandemic. I would not travel anywhere until we are vaccinated if there will be such option to the world. And owning a car is definitely safer during the pandemic than using a Grab.

Regarding owning a property- it is not wise at the current prices and market. Renting is much cheaper and gives you freedom to move from one new place to another.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StillSearching
Regarding owning a property- it is not wise at the current prices and market. Renting is much cheaper and gives you freedom to move from one new place to another.
Yes, but buying a property still is the easiest way to get 150k of the 300k out of the headache fixed fixed deposit. At least for people like me who have no interest to buy a 150k car

And for families with small kids renting something suitable is not so easy as lots of renovation needs to be done.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=eCdD;12902755]Yes, but buying a property still is the easiest way to get 150k of the 300k out of the headache fixed fixed deposit. /QUOTE]
Sure, if your plan is to live in your house for a long time.
Those who bought a property for renting may find that they are loosing money because the housing market is overbuilt.
According to globalpropertyguide[dot]com, home prices in MY picked in 2013.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you StillSearching.
I just hope MY gov doesn't get too greedy by copying others like Thailand's Elite visa program.
$30K upfront fee (or ~$50K for family of two) for 10 yr visa will not sell MM2H.
I'll put up some cash if I have to, but only if the money goes directly to charitable organizations - not to the gov.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 7:15 am
Just Joined

RedApe,
How's the cost of living in Serawak compared to a place like Penang or KL?
What's the typical monthly cost for family of 2?
Also, what's the healthcare system like?

TIA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.