MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Old Aug 15th 2020, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Program in a limbo ???

Originally Posted by RedApe
CBI Programs
https://citizenshipshop.com/top-citi...programs-2019/

https://best-citizenships.com/reside...tment-schemes/

It's also tied in with the concept of High Value Tourism...targeting the wealthy glampers - those that do ballon safaris or luxury tours. Which usually has been related to protecting special, sensitive environments being despoiled by mass tourism. Wonder what it might be that is "being despoiled" by Middle Class retirees?

https://whytravel.org/restriction-on...g-from-itself/
Thank you for these links. This helps me understand what countries we are talking about.
Since Covid emerged have I not travelled any more. It isn't fun being on holiday and constantly worry whether you're getting infected. Two weeks quarantine when entering a country also doesn't help.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

i had submitted my application in January 2020
I checked online but it still says “ waiting for committee approval”

a friend of mine who had submitted the application in August 2019 just received an email wuth the text below

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/www....es-mm2h-review

does that mean that all existing applications are also cancelled and would not be processed ? And that everyone would need to reapply with new requirements after the program is resumed ?
I spent a lot of money On application and am very disappointed :-(

whet do you think ?
Old Aug 16th 2020, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

i had submitted my application in January 2020
I checked online but it still says “ waiting for committee approval”

a friend of mine who had submitted the application in August 2019 just received an email wuth the text below

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/www....es-mm2h-review

does that mean that all existing applications are also cancelled and would not be processed ? And that everyone would need to reapply with new requirements after the program is resumed ?
I spent a lot of money On application and am very disappointed :-(

whet do you think ?
Old Aug 16th 2020, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rs2000
This is indeed what happened to friends of mine who had applied: they were informed through their agent that the application was cancelled due to freezing of the program and that they would have to resubmit once the new program started. These friends were rather upset about it because the agent would not be paying back the fee, as it was not a "no cure no pay" arrangement.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SushiFan
This is indeed what happened to friends of mine who had applied: they were informed through their agent that the application was cancelled due to freezing of the program and that they would have to resubmit once the new program started. These friends were rather upset about it because the agent would not be paying back the fee, as it was not a "no cure no pay" arrangement.
i spend around 1000 us$ on the application and a lot of time on this

when did your friend apply and when did they hear back ?

can you please help answer a few questions

1. is mm2h Sarawak still operating as per normal ? What is the processing time there?

2. Shall I apply to sarawak mm2h or thorium student visa given to guardians of international school student ?

3. For sarawak mm2h, can my kids study and live in KL? Can we hire helper in KL?

4. if we opt for guardian visa , can we hire domestic helper ?

many many thanks for your help

Old Aug 17th 2020, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rs2000
i spend around 1000 us$ on the application and a lot of time on this

when did your friend apply and when did they hear back ?

can you please help answer a few questions

1. is mm2h Sarawak still operating as per normal ? What is the processing time there?

2. Shall I apply to sarawak mm2h or thorium student visa given to guardians of international school student ?

3. For sarawak mm2h, can my kids study and live in KL? Can we hire helper in KL?

4. if we opt for guardian visa , can we hire domestic helper ?

many many thanks for your help
I am not familiar with the Sarawak MM2H and can't answer your questions.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

1) Sarawak MM2H is still operating. I had a friend on a tourist visa who is here in Sarawak just apply last month and his sponsor just had her interview. Another applicant has just received word that they have been accepted. The problem is getting in. They are not allowing people on expired visas (i.e. tourists) in at the moment. And those coming from abroad face a two week quarantine. Processing time is taking a bit longer as government offices were closed for a few months. However for my second friend it looks to be on a pace for 2 months. That's pretty standard.

Don't know your details. If you are under 50 you can only apply for MM2H if you have a child attending a local Sarawakian school...NOT one on the Peninsula. In Sarawak all foreign students must apply for a Student Visa. So if you are under 50 it really makes no difference if your child is attending school in Sarawak. The MM2H does have a longer "term": 5 years vs. year-to-year for a guardian visa.

If you are over 50 you can live on the Peninsula under the Sarawak MM2H if you wish. Your child can attend a school there...but must apply for a Student Visa on the Peninsula.

"3. For sarawak mm2h, can my kids study and live in KL? Can we hire helper in KL?" Yes, but it could be an issue if the "helper" is foreign. You'd have to apply through Putrajaya Immigration.

"4. if we opt for guardian visa , can we hire domestic helper ?" You say "we"...I think a guardian visa is only for the female parent. And only one parent can get the visa.

If you are over 50, Sarawak MM2H would be the better option butI have no idea if you could hire a non-Malaysian domestic helper. Many of these MM2H perks were handled by the Ministry of Tourism and their recommendation was send on to Immigration. So I'm unsure if Immigration is handling these applications.

One final point...Sarawak has been looking over their own program for over a year now in order to revise and improve it...both for Sarawak and for applicants. There is concern that some people have been using Sarawak MM2H as a "back door" to ONLY live in the Peninsula. The benefit to Sarawak of the program is that people spend their non-Malaysian earned income IN SARAWAK. If they move to KL there's no benefit. So they are considering some changes that will lure people to live in Sarawak. One is to allow more withdrawals from the Fixed Deposit - for Sarawak based goods and services...rent, local housekeepers, repairs, tourism, etc. That's the carrot. Another approach being considered is that 12 months of the five years on the visa be spent in Sarawak...a residency requirement...in order to get renewal.

They are also considering lowering the age to 40, or even 30. Eliminating the sponsor requirement (the major impediment to application). Allowing agents. A variety of other benefits. Better publicity. On line preliminary application, with final approval once the health-check, Fixed Deposit and Notarised copies of documents are fully submitted.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks redape
I am under 50 and my kids can’t live in Sarawak so I guess it’s not an option for me
😕
this whole thing has been very disappointing for me
applied 7 months back and now they have even cancelled the applications already received !

for the guardian visa , my wife can get it
I have hk passport and don’t need a visa to visit anyway

do you think for mainland they are going to increase the despot requirement and costs ? They keep referring to other comparable programs internationally and refer to it as improving the program. How the hell Is that going to improve anything other than $ for government
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't your kids live in Sarawak? Or do you think the international schools here are not suited for them?

Yes I suspect that all this talk of the high-end investment programs will mean that MM2H will up their fees/asset requirements/Fixed Deposit amounts once again.

These folks need to take a basic Economics course though. There's something called rice sensitivity. A shop-owner doesn't necessarily make more money simply by increasing the prices in their store. Customers will walk away. Maximum profits are made when you determine the price that is not so low that the cost of producing that product and running the store are not met...but not so high that no one comes in to buy the product. Really the cost of running MM2H would not be more/less if it charged more for the visa. And I don't think anyone who is super-wealthy is concerned about sharing the program with the hot-polloi. They don't care if it's an "elite" program...it's not like an exclusive restaurant or beachfront resort with a private beach.

In fact if the increase liquid assets or force higher FD rates the "elite" may be driven off as much as the "hot polo. Rich people don't like putting money into low yield investments. If they increase the FD to RP1million that means putting more into an investment currently yielding about 2.5% annually, while other investments are much higher. Plus the FD is illiquid. You can't easily pull it out. For ten years.

So in my view increasing the cost will price out the Middle Class, and even drive many of the elite to "better pastures". Unless they are willing to convert the program to something with a lot more tangible and intangible benefits (Citizenship, PR status, ability to work, set up businesses).

And whose to say that one of the regional competitors of Malaysia finally realizes that the purpose of MM2H programs is to get people to come, spend foreign-earned money in the local economy and keep doing that...for years. And in sectors that the normal tourism industry may not reach. That country will snag up all those folks that formerly were trying to come into Malaysia.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply

i am just so disappointed about all the outcome
my timing is bad as I had hoped to use this to settle my family and really can’t afford putting in anymore money in their bank account
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Fenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond repute

This situation must be so frustrating for those applying for MM2H. We were lucky enough to get ours 6 years ago when things were much easier.

Just wondering how those MM2Hers are feeling who have bought properties in Malaysia or have made Malaysia your first (only) home. Are you worried that any new rules for the visa will impact you, if so, do you have contingency plans?

We're fortunate in that, we mainly use Malaysia as a base to explore the rest of Asia and Australasia, but it is nice to know that we have somewhere where we can stay longer without worrying about visas. A lot of our money is in Malaysia though and our PO Box is in KL. So we would have to rethink things too.

Stay safe everyone!
Old Aug 19th 2020, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a shame.. i am a 'young" MM2er.. that is I applied when i was about 53.. got approved and have NOT yet moved to MY.. i am working in SG for now and hope ot move by next yr.. and i see already in the 2 yrs since i received my MM2H..more restrictions, less benefits, and overall some xenophobia creeping into not only the process but the living reality.

I sure hope this is a temp phase and once Covid is over (therapy and/or vaccine found) and a more stable transition in govt in MY.. things will get back to more accepting levels.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fenella
This situation must be so frustrating for those applying for MM2H. We were lucky enough to get ours 6 years ago when things were much easier.

Just wondering how those MM2Hers are feeling who have bought properties in Malaysia or have made Malaysia your first (only) home. Are you worried that any new rules for the visa will impact you, if so, do you have contingency plans?

We're fortunate in that, we mainly use Malaysia as a base to explore the rest of Asia and Australasia, but it is nice to know that we have somewhere where we can stay longer without worrying about visas. A lot of our money is in Malaysia though and our PO Box is in KL. So we would have to rethink things too.

Stay safe everyone!
There is no hint as to what the government will do with new MM2H applications, nor with current MM2H-ers who want to renew their MM2H after the 10 year validity has ended. So it is not really possible to answer your question about that.

About your PO Box in KL: be aware that Malaysian Post has stopped all outgoing international mail, for parcels and for letters. In case you have incoming mail in your PO Box and a caretaker who usually forwards this to you abroad: this may no longer work.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 8:04 am
The Flying Anglo-Dutchman

Bikbergen is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks need to calm down!
There is too much speculation and too little concrete information to go on.
Unfortunately this is the result of a lack of transparency but this is Malaysia.
I’m in regular contact with my agent and this is what they told me:

“So far there is no change since the last time we talked. The Ministry has kept quiet, so we have to take it that all applications (new and pending) will be on hold until Dec 2020. This was the date given by the Tourism Minister.“

You’ll have to sit tight and wait until December to find out how things will proceed.

I know it’s very frustrating but all this speculation doesn’t help anyone.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bikbergen
Folks need to calm down!
There is too much speculation and too little concrete information to go on.
Unfortunately this is the result of a lack of transparency but this is Malaysia.
I’m in regular contact with my agent and this is what they told me:

“So far there is no change since the last time we talked. The Ministry has kept quiet, so we have to take it that all applications (new and pending) will be on hold until Dec 2020. This was the date given by the Tourism Minister.“

You’ll have to sit tight and wait until December to find out how things will proceed.

I know it’s very frustrating but all this speculation doesn’t help anyone.
a friend of mine got this exact email

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...reigners-urged

which says that all application in process need to re apply with new conditions after dec 2020

and some one me toned above that that their agent said the same story and refused to reimburse the agent fees

So your agent is saying a different story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.