MM2H Insurance

Old Sep 16th 2014, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Love2Penang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H Insurance

Hi
My friend has just got his MM2H visa. He plans on retiring in Malaysia within the next few years. He has to come to Malaysia to stamp his MM2H visa in order to that he needs insurance.
Question where can he get the insurance he intends to stay in Malaysia for a few days until he gets his passport stamped with MM2H visa. Thereafter he will be going back home and will only come back to Malaysia in a few years when is ready to retire.
Can anyone help with regards to the insurance
Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2014, 6:32 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Insurance

Hi,

I got my insurance for MM2H some years ago, so I'm probably a bit out of touch with which insurance companies like MM2Hers these days. I went with Allianz in Georgetown and we've had quite good service out of them, even though we only went for one of the cheapest options. I think usually the insurance companies will take a couple of weeks to issue the insurance policy and your friend will need that. I know that is not helpful if he is only staying a few days. With Allianz, we managed to organize the insurance by email. Filling out forms, scanning in, then got approval by Allianz HQ. Wired the money to them I think. We then arranged for the policy to be issued and held at Allianz in Georgetown. We also did our MM2H formalities on a short trip to Penang and KL. If you would like an email contact, let me know and I'll send to you by PM. But, as I said, we did ours some 5 years ago.

See if you get anyone else post on here with up to date info. If you don't get any other response, I would suggest looking on the my2home site as that site is purely about MM2H. You'll find a link on the MM2H sticky topic on here.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 6:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, by the way, your friend will need to give them a Malaysian address. If he hasn't got one, just "borrow" one and explain the situation to the insurance company he goes through.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:18 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would add that if your friend is over 60 he doesn't need the insurance as there is a waiver.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 7:47 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Love2Penang
Hi
Where can he get the insurance..?
.. he intends to stay in Malaysia for a few days until he gets his passport stamped with MM2H visa. Thereafter he will be going back home and will only come back to Malaysia in a few years when is ready to retire.
Thanks
Hi,
As your friend won’t actually be living in Malaysia for a while an alternative might be to buy an Annual Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy from his current home country (one that covers Asia, but perhaps excludes North America to reduce costs).

The official MM2H website states one of the steps to apply as:

Purchase Medical Insurance in any insurance company in Malaysia /summit Medical Insurance that is applicable in Malaysia.
See: Steps To Apply - MM2H Official Portal

I think though that the MM2H officials like to see long term insurance i.e. validity for a year, starting from close to the MM2H visa start date. I suggest checking with the MM2H office first whether this would be acceptable.

JC3