MM2H - How to apply

Old Nov 14th 2014, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

Having got the relevant documents certified the next challenge is to get everything together and delivered to the MM2H office. You may think this a bit OCD but in my profession we cannot accept failure, we are used to checking our work, rechecking it and just when we are sure its right getting someone else to check it. I would recommend making a list of all the forms and evidence you need in excel with a line for each item, then as column headings things you need to do such as completed, certified, signed, dated, witnessed etc. In each intersection state if required Y/N. Then when you are ready to send of check each item and tick that you have completed all the required bits. This in effect is what your agent would do for you. It will pay dividends if you have missed something and want to avoid the delay of having the HH2H office chasing you for a missing signature.

Once you are satisfied it can all go into a robust envelope. Royal Mail offer an international tracked option which allows you to track your package so you will know when it has arrived safely. Sending documents, paper weight, by this method only costs between 10-15 pounds depending on the weight. Ours was posted Wednesday morning last week and Thursday this week I awoke to see the package had been delivered. 6 working days which didn't seem too bad. So this is the method I would recommend.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
... we are used to checking our work, rechecking it and just when we are sure its right getting someone else to check it.
... delay of having the HH2H office chasing you for a missing signature.
Sorry NeonHippy, but I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, many thanks for this latest update. Now it seems you can relax and await the response of the mm2h office. I am sure you feel relieved to be this far on. It's a good idea to use the international tracked service, just in case you need to prove delivery.

Presumably you took a photocopy or a scanned copy of the entire contents of the envelope before sending it?
Old Nov 15th 2014, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

You've got me banged to rights there teejaydee.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Geordie Nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

I am watching this posted very closely, but it does seem to be a bit of a mine field. It's much more complicated than I first imagined.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordie Nomad
I am watching this posted very closely, but it does seem to be a bit of a mine field. It's much more complicated than I first imagined.
Not really, the MM2H forms don't require anything that you will struggle to answer, you just need to be careful and make sure that you do answer all the questions and tick all the right boxes. The form that requires your signature to be witnessed is unusual in that the witness needs to include their passport number. So warn the person that you want to witness your signature that they need to dig out their passport. Also read carefully the guidance if you have any non-standard dependants. For example if you are the legal guardian of a minor rather than the parent, or you are the step parent to your partners child.

The main bit of red tape so far has been certification of copies. Basically the MM2H office wants to know that anything that is copied rather than the original has not been doctored. Hence the need to get the consulate to certify copies against the originals.

But if you are worried, rather than be put off by the process, engage an agent to process the paperwork for you. Part of their service is to ensure that all the paperwork is properly completed and presented in the best possible light.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:31 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely recommend using an agent for the MM2H application. They will have done it loads of times and know exactly what is required and can also give great advice. You can also do nearly all of it remotely. Afterwards they can help you with driving licence, buying a tax-free car etc
Old Nov 19th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I would definitely recommend using an agent for the MM2H application.
Someone once posted that there are three types of applicant, those that easily meet the financial requirements, those that don't meet the financial requirements and those that are borderline on the financial requirements. That only last of these three require the services of an agent.

If you are happily married with 2.4 kids of your own issuance I would agree with this statement. But I would add another category that would benefit from an agent and that is anyone who intends bringing dependents that are not of the applicants direct blood line.

As for the extras that follow on from a successful application I am sure that there will be plenty of support on this forum to assist.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Geordie Nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I would definitely recommend using an agent for the MM2H application. They will have done it loads of times and know exactly what is required and can also give great advice. You can also do nearly all of it remotely. Afterwards they can help you with driving licence, buying a tax-free car etc
That's what, I'd probably do at this moment in time, however I'd imagine the more I read about it and familiarise myself about then the kess 'foggy' I am sure it'll become.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I learnt today that my application has been approved. Rather unfortunate that the letter is winging its way west just as I have flown east but that's sods law for you. I hope to resume posting shortly on the next steps.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

I learnt today that my application has been approved. Rather unfortunate that the letter is winging its way west just as I have flown east but that's sods law for you. I hope to resume posting shortly on the next steps.
Congratulations . I bet you're pleased you didn't use an agent. You weren't kept waiting too long for a decision either, and I assume the mm2h office didn't ask for further information or clarification etc.?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for the thumbs up. No, there were no further questions or requests. I was concerned that most of our savings are in ISAs rather than the bank so we didn't meet the requirement for money in the bank for 3 months and I wasn't sure if Fidelity would release the information but all seems to have gone well. We are both very pleased but missing the bottle of champagne that is home waiting for this moment.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS !!

No champers....never mind, have a virtual glass of plonk
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teejaydee
You weren't kept waiting too long for a decision either, and I assume the mm2h office didn't ask for further information or clarification etc.?
a quick update on how long it took. On the mm2h progress page our application is dated 14/11/14 and the approval date is listed as 16/12/14. It seems to have taken slightly longer to be informed than it did to be approved. To be fair there was Christmas and New Year in between but I think the lesson is 'don't be afraid to chase progress'. I was possibly too laid back giving them the full three months and could have been in a better position to use this month in Penang if I'd known about the approval.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bakedbean
CONGRATULATIONS !!

No champers....never mind, have a virtual glass of plonk
Thanks BB we made do with several glasses of red wine instead. If you are coming to the Viva food court on Tuesday we will be the two pale faces looking particularly bemused. Please come over and say hello.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 3:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BB we made do with several glasses of red wine instead. If you are coming to the Viva food court on Tuesday we will be the two pale faces looking particularly bemused. Please come over and say hello.
No, sorry, I cannot go. Have some ongoing "home problems" at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.