MM2H - How to apply

Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

Originally Posted by StillSearching
Yes, send everything by a reputable courier. I suggest DHL, not Fedex.
The address your specified is correct.
No need to do this in person.
Your sister can also submit it for you if you feel it is better for you.
We did it this way and we received an email two days after delivery that they received our documents.
i sent the documents to for DHK and these were delivered on 9th Jan
however I have not received any acknowledgement or reference number yet

do you think that’s normal ?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tropic
This is ridiculously early! I dun think even the main entrance at Motac building opens that early. I imagine there's a mad rush to get to level 10 (and queue there again?) when the main building door opens?
Update on this from mid January:

They start registration at Motac at 7:30am. Two lines, one for normal people, one for agents. That softens the rush up to level 10. I was about number 20 in the registration line, but the number I got at level 10 was 50 something as the agents line was much faster. Overall the usual very unhappy experience, but staff helpfull and friendly.
Old Jan 28th 2020, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rs2000
the documents...were delivered on 9th Jan
however I have not received any acknowledgement or reference number yet
do you think that’s normal ?
Perhaps the flow there slowed down because of Chinese New Year.
You can write to them:
mm2h at motac.gov.my
State your courier information on delivery and ask if the documents are in order.
They should give you your Ref number.

You can also try calling them if they don't answer your email within 3 business days. Don't call between noon-2PM (their lunch time).
Old Feb 6th 2020, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I got an email from them to resubmit couple of documemts as they didn't accept the certified copy :-(
have sent the document again. fingers crossed
Old Mar 9th 2020, 8:11 am
Just Joined

martinberry62 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used an agent which was not cheap but easy. I got my reference at the beginning of February. Now the long waiting game.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinberry62
I used an agent which was not cheap but easy. I got my reference at the beginning of February. Now the long waiting game.
It is even easier to apply without an agent. Because of a very clear on-line process, I see no value in an agent.
I am recommending self application for other future applicants.
Also, use of an agent is introducing a risk of your private data to get out of control. You never know if your agent is using a contaminated with spyware laptop and his or her smart phone for sharing images of your documents with the colleagues in their group and how and with whom this data is going to be shared.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to several agents as I didn't fully meet the criteria, so my application needed to be presented in a positive way. I got different opinions from various agents on my eligibility (mostly negative), and also regarding factual questions, e.g. the validity period of the police report (I then asked MM2H directly, who quoted a validity period different to what any agent had said). I applied directly, and was approved (1 year wait).

Most of the work at the initial application stage is collecting the paperwork, and you have to do this whether you apply yourself or via an agent. However, I'm currently doing the post approval steps (opening bank account, etc.), and it would be less hassle with the support of an agent.

From today (18 March 2020), the MM2H counters are closed at the Putrajaya office until (at least) 30 April due to the coronavirus outbreak (see MM2H govt. website for details). New applications can be submitted by courier, but it may not be possible to actually obtain a visa after provisional approval, as this requires a personal visit to pay fees and collect the visa. This is my position, and the 6 months allowed from provisional approval to obtain the visa may expire before the counters re-open, unless the "6-month" clock stops ticking during the shutdown. Even if it does, I can't stay here indefinitely due to the limits of my visa on arrival, and doing a visa run to a nearby country is probably out in the current circumstances. I will try and contact MM2H and ask their advice (the bank indicated it may be possible to set up an appointment with them).

Old Mar 18th 2020, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tdrinker
I'm currently doing the post approval steps (opening bank account, etc.), and it would be less hassle with the support of an agent.
The agents are actually not good helpers regarding finding a doctor or a bank for you. They don't give the best choices for you. Do your own research. Call the doctor's offices, check the prices, which may vary 10 folds. Check all the banks on-line or call them and find the best deal for you in terms of rates and features. It is really not a big deal to open a bank account by yourself.

Originally Posted by tdrinker
I can't stay here indefinitely due to the limits of my visa on arrival, and doing a visa run to a nearby country is probably out in the current circumstances. I will try and contact MM2H and ask their advice (the bank indicated it may be possible to set up an appointment with them).
Yes, COVID-19 is a big problem. Unfortunately many people don't take quarantine and staying home for 14 days seriously, because they don't understand importance of that.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

You might contact the State immigration office, too and see if you can get a one-month extension. I don't think that they WANT to create a situation where people are trapped within the country. A one month extension is pretty standard. But then you may HAVE to leave.