MM2H - How to apply

Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

obaydullah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

Originally Posted by Tropic
Has anyone been to Motac recently to settle the final step of MM2H ie. get the 10year social visit pass stamped on your passport?

I was there earlier this week, at mid-day, to collect my approval letter (as direct applicant, not via agent) at Level 10 and it was very crowded. Just wonder whether they have a quota for each day and you need to be there real early to get the queue no. for that day or end up having to come back another day?

Btw, my approval letter is dated end July 2019 but the online check & track system still shows status as "Pending committee approval".
Congratulations! When did you submit your application and how long was your application in status "Received for Verification" and "Pending Committee Approval"? Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone been to Motac recently to settle the final step of MM2H ie. get the 10year social visit pass stamped on your passport?

I was there earlier this week, at mid-day, to collect my approval letter (as direct applicant, not via agent) at Level 10 and it was very crowded. Just wonder whether they have a quota for each day and you need to be there real early to get the queue no. for that day or end up having to come back another day?

Btw, my approval letter is dated end July 2019 but the online check & track system still shows status as "Pending committee approval".
Yes, they have daily quota! We were there around 8 AM and the numbers were all gone. The room was filled of agents who came as early as 5, 6 AM to queue for numbers. So if you want to go there by yourself, make sure to come early!
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by obaydullah
Congratulations! When did you submit your application and how long was your application in status "Received for Verification" and "Pending Committee Approval"? Thanks.
Submitted in Dec 2018. Then had to resubmit some docs in Jan2019. IIRC, "Received for Verification" was changed to "Pending Committee Approval" sometime in Apr2019 (or maybe Mar2019). Whole process took almost 7 mths.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Foodi
Yes, they have daily quota! We were there around 8 AM and the numbers were all gone. The room was filled of agents who came as early as 5, 6 AM to queue for numbers. So if you want to go there by yourself, make sure to come early!
This is ridiculously early! I dun think even the main entrance at Motac building opens that early. I imagine there's a mad rush to get to level 10 (and queue there again?) when the main building door opens?

So u had to go again the next day?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Anyone knows which is the cheapest medical plan I can get in M'sia to get that first chop of 10yr social visit pass? As I won't be there in the 1st year, I dun much care about coverage, just that it is cheapest. Right now my home country med insurance doesn't provide international cover and it would be more expensive to add-on coverage just for MM2H submission.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone knows which is the cheapest medical plan I can get in M'sia to get that first chop of 10yr social visit pass? As I won't be there in the 1st year, I dun much care about coverage, just that it is cheapest. Right now my home country med insurance doesn't provide international cover and it would be more expensive to add-on coverage just for MM2H submission.
My application was approved in 2015 and the agent who handled my application came up with a cheap health insurance. It was an AIG insurance with an annual premium of RM483 per person. The benefits of the insurance weren't very good, but it was sufficient to receive the MM2H stamp. Once my wife and I started to live here we went around, "shopping" for a better medical insurance (which obviously is a lot more expensive).
I don't know whether it was the cheapest insurance available in 2015 though.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SushiFan
My application was approved in 2015 and the agent who handled my application came up with a cheap health insurance. It was an AIG insurance with an annual premium of RM483 per person. The benefits of the insurance weren't very good, but it was sufficient to receive the MM2H stamp. Once my wife and I started to live here we went around, "shopping" for a better medical insurance (which obviously is a lot more expensive).
I don't know whether it was the cheapest insurance available in 2015 though.
"Cheapest" isn't the best word to use Your AIG plan is much more affordable than what Pacific & Kurnia currently offers, if premiums haven't changed substantially since then. Unfortunately AIG website doesn't have the product brochure with premium rates, so I'll have to call directly. tks.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Lot's of threads on this issue though some are quite old. But they are worthwhile to look at just to get an indication of which insurers have been offering affordable, if limited, insurance coverage.

Cheapest Medical Insurance
Old Dec 11th 2019, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

shoban1508 is an unknown quantity at this point

Noticed this thread goes back quite far and alot of things have changed in regards to MM2H especially this year.

Here is a very neat checklist of all the supporting documents you will need to submit for the MM2H application.

Wait times for application approvals are now down to about 7 months or so.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 11th 2019 at 12:49 pm. Reason: Attachment removed as per Site Rule 9 - you are welcome to copy and paste the list, but with no mention of your company pls
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

No checklist. Is this different than the lists of documents provided on the official Malaysian government MM2H website pages?

Apply Directly With Us - MM2H Official Portal

Apply Through Our Agents - MM2H Official Portal

These provide access to the documents just on the righthand side, too.

As far as I can see the "7 months" timetable is generous. The Applications look more like they are taking 8-9 months on average...from submission to approval. Of course getting all the documents for self-application or for the agent might take an additional 1-2 months.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 7:19 am
Just Joined

shoban1508 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is similar yes, but a better clearer easier to read checklist which also highlights which documents prepared by you and which by agent (if going with agent)

Moderator took it down because the pdf has company details. I also can't post link to their site here either.

7 months is currently what a lot of people are reporting now, generous maybe, but it still currently is the fastest approval time for most of what I am seeing on various forums.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoban1508
Moderator took it down because the pdf has company details. I also can't post link to their site here either.
Correct. Just to clarify, it's fine to post links to companies that you aren't associated with any way. You can't post links to 'their' site, as it's your company then as per Site Rule 9 that's not allowed.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 12th 2019 at 8:47 am.
Old Jan 6th 2020, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am about to apply for MM2H from Hong Kong.
I printed all forms and added in supporting documents from MM2H Check N' Track

I wanted to ask about how shall I submit the hard copies of these documents? shall I send them by courier to the address below (is this the right address)?

Malaysia My Second Home
Ministry of Tourism and Culture
Level 1, No. 2, Tower 1, Jalan P5/6, Presint 5, 62200 W.P. Putrajaya, MALAYSIA

or do I need to physically go to Malaysia and submit the application in person?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Jan 6th 2020, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

rs2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

One more question, if incase they need someone to submit the application in person in Putrajaya, do I need to go alone or do I also have to take all dependents with me? My sister lives in KL, can I ask her to go and submit the documents in person on my behalf?
Old Jan 26th 2020, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rs2000
shall I send them by courier to the address below (is this the right address)?

Malaysia My Second Home
Ministry of Tourism and Culture
Level 1, No. 2, Tower 1, Jalan P5/6, Presint 5, 62200 W.P. Putrajaya, MALAYSIA

or do I need to physically go to Malaysia and submit the application in person?
Yes, send everything by a reputable courier. I suggest DHL, not Fedex.
The address your specified is correct.
No need to do this in person.
Your sister can also submit it for you if you feel it is better for you.
We did it this way and we received an email two days after delivery that they received our documents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.