MM2H - How to apply

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

1. Yes. I don´t know if the embassy certifies something, usually it is done by a lawyer in Malaysia. Prices vary enourmous, just ask around. Difficult to get advice, because before it could be done by a Comissioner of Oaths, which was much much cheaper.

2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, if you are not from a country that don´t need a Visa Performed visa.
6. Yes. Bring your vaccination pass! Otherwise they maybe will do a Hep test if they don´t believe that you are vaccinated. Medical check also can cost from RM 22 to RM 500. Don´t waste money and seek a dirty and cheap clinic The one in Pudu Sentral is not dirty but cheap. Security Bond will be all done by the officer in Putrajaya, but I don´t know if you can get the stamp there. Better get it in KL near Telecom Museum.

>If the steps above are correct, when and where will I get the Journey >Performed Visa?

-> You will get this visa at the same time you get the 10 year pass. But it is not really a visa it is a punishment for entering Malaysia with the wrong stamp.

>When filling in the Visit Pass Application Form (the IM12 form),
>under Item D it asks about my "Visa Requirement" and whether I need >"Multiple" or "Single Entry". Do you know what the purpose is? is it the >visa with reference you were talking about? By the way, my passport >allows me to visa-free entry to Malaysia as a tourist for 30 days.

And this is the wrong stamp. Usually the embassy in your home country will issue you the right visa for collecting MM2H.

>Alternatively, can I send the MM2H applications and document (step 2) by >DHL, and just enter Malaysia once I got the Conditional Approval?

I don´t know, many things changed this year with the online application. Before it was not possible.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eCdD
It is RM 500 plus per person! And if you fail to comply one time you will have troubles in the future too. You cannot avoid by just going out to Singapore, you have to go to your home country or as Gunnar said, your country of residence. If you did not take the visa with reference, your wife, your future kids, your parents, all will not get this visa anymore!

So make your schedule correct. Applying in Putrajaya, go back home and wait for approval, apply for a visa with reference after approval, go back to Malaysia to finish the process. Actually this is the only real mistake you can make in the process apart from accepting a shitty FD rate from HSBC

At least we made only one of this two mistakes
Will you have to pay the "journey performed visa" fee also after obtaining mm2h if you get a new passport and then need to enter Malaysia on the new passport before you've got the visa moved to the new passport?
Or can you show the visa in the old passport and enter on this?

Is it any problems of entering Malaysia when you've got a new passport before moving the visa over?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepen
Will you have to pay the "journey performed visa" fee also after obtaining mm2h if you get a new passport and then need to enter Malaysia on the new passport before you've got the visa moved to the new passport?
Or can you show the visa in the old passport and enter on this?
The new passport must be empty, if there is a Malaysian entry stamp inside you have to pay Journey Performed again.

Is it any problems of entering Malaysia when you've got a new passport before moving the visa over?
This is what the MM2H HQ in Putrajaya tells you to do: Get the new passport early, enter with the old passport and then go to get the new visa BEFORE the old passport expires.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

The new passport must be empty, if there is a Malaysian entry stamp inside you have to pay Journey Performed again.

This is what the MM2H HQ in Putrajaya tells you to do: Get the new passport early, enter with the old passport and then go to get the new visa BEFORE the old passport expires.
You can't get a new passport before the old expires, at least not in Norway. They will make a hole in the new one (not through any valid visas) when they give you a new passport.

Could you just enter and exit on the new passport if not staying more than 3 months ?

Last edited by stepen; Aug 2nd 2017 at 1:47 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, that may not work in every country. But what always works, you can apply for the new passport in your embassy in KL.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:49 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You can't get a new passport before the old expires, at least not in Norway.
Sorry not quite on topic but just curious .... how do you get around the 6 month rule if Norwegian? Most countries like to see 6 months left on passport so you mean you just cannot travel for the remaining 6 months on old PASSPORT?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Sorry not quite on topic but just curious .... how do you get around the 6 month rule if Norwegian? Most countries like to see 6 months left on passport so you mean you just cannot travel for the remaining 6 months on old PASSPORT?
You can renew whenever you want, but they will make a hole in the old one when you get a new one, so the old one is no longer valid. So I couldn't travel and enter Malaysia on this passport. I believe it's the same for all countries.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:53 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

OK... I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were saying that you had to wait for the old one to expire. But seems not.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
OK... I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were saying that you had to wait for the old one to expire. But seems not.
Maybe I was unclear. But my question was do I need to pay the journey fee then when entering with the new passport?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:41 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I was unclear. But my question was do I need to pay the journey fee then when entering with the new passport?
No you don't pay for another JPV provided you enter Malaysia before the MM2H visa in your old passport expires. If you enter after this date you will need to pay the JPV fee again.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
No you don't pay for another JPV provided you enter Malaysia before the MM2H visa in your old passport expires. If you enter after this date you will need to pay the JPV fee again.
That is not how I understood the MM2H officer. Anyway, have to do things in Putrajaya end of the month, will try to clarify.

And it is defintely not true that ALL countries make the old passport invalid when you get a new one, especially if you have a good reason like existing visa. I guess some Northern European countries like Norway are very strict, others are not.

Last edited by eCdD; Aug 3rd 2017 at 9:44 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:53 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

That is not how I understood the MM2H officer. Anyway, have to do things in Putrajaya end of the month, will try to clarify.

And it is defintely not true that ALL countries make the old passport invalid when you get a new one, especially if you have a good reason like existing visa. I guess some Northern European countries like Norway are very strict, others are not.
Well maybe this will convince you:-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...B5vQr6m7MhdmpA

Also I am inclined to agree that an old passport is invalidated by a new passport and I believe this is the case from the date the renewal application is made.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds convincing! Good to know, makes things easier.

But I really would like to know, why the Swiss and the Dutch are piviledged? Is their life not already much too good?
Old Aug 4th 2017, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

My experience is that the page with the photo and personal details (nowadays including a built-in chip) will be made invalid by punching holes in it. But the visa pages are untouched, not damaged in any way.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

syed30 is an unknown quantity at this point

With regards to Security Bond I am bit confused. I for MM2H approval for myself , spouse and 2 kids. I am the primary applicant. I should submit security bond only for myself or for all the participants ? appreciate your clarification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.