MM2H - How to apply

Old Oct 2nd 2015, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

meinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

Oh!!! last thing i was told (a year ago) by bank and MM2H was I can move it, but have to get new one before old one can be released... but you know how they change things regularly.
I will pop down to PutraJ and ask next week and let you know. I want to go and ask them about spouse permits anyway... then I can take it all out of FD, although at 3.8% it's worth keeping it there.
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 11:03 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meinkl
Oh!!! last thing i was told (a year ago) by bank and MM2H was I can move it, but have to get new one before old one can be released... but you know how they change things regularly.
I will pop down to PutraJ and ask next week and let you know. I want to go and ask them about spouse permits anyway... then I can take it all out of FD, although at 3.8% it's worth keeping it there.
Yes I do know how they change things I've just looked on the Gov site and cannot find the announcement they put about NOT moving deposits. Yes please do update on here. That would be very useful for others.

Re spouse visa/permit, I think it is now known as Long Term Social Visit Pass. Bluenose1 on here wrote a very useful sticky thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/malay...p-ltvp-811701/
Have a good read through that as he has been there, done that. If you get any info on that, please do update on that thread won't you. Would be useful for others. Best of luck with that.
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 2:49 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Not sure if I am reading your post correctly but, if you are saying you can move your MM2H deposit to another bank with permission from MM2H, then that is out of date information. You cannot these days.
Hi,

That's my understanding too.

See: Announcements - Year 2014 - Fixed Deposit Account under MM2H Programme

Fixed Deposit Account under MM2H Programme

Kindly be informed effective 1st July 2014, MM2H participants are not allowed to transfer Fixed Deposit Account tagged under MM2H Programme . Thank you. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre MALAYSIA

Date: Jun 25, 2014

Located in: Year 2014

JC3
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

meinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond repute

Damn... i should have done it last June when i was thinking about it. :-(
At least you have saved me a trip to PutraJaya. And it is in the currently highest paying FD in town, so not all bad news. :-)

Last edited by meinkl; Oct 3rd 2015 at 10:29 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 24th 2015, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
If you are in Malaysia then certification can be done by a range of professions
But not the Commissioner for oaths anymore! At least the have stated this, maybe you are lucky and they still accept. This is actually a very bad news for all who want to apply now, because at the Commissioner for oaths you pay 4 or 8 RM for a certification, at other places it will be much much higher. Depending on your negotiation skills the amount varys a lot, but with just £3 you definitely make a much better deal there then in Malaysia.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:44 pm
BM1
Just Joined

BM1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I'm new to this but just about to apply for MM2H. I am a little worried about submitting my ACRO Police Report. I was a bit of a bad boy about 35 years ago and spent a while in the chokey.

Would anyone know if this is going to be detrimental to my application? I know they are only suppose to be interested in the last 10 years, but................
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:53 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,and welcome to the forum

I don't know the answer to that. If you are doing the MM2H under your own steam, I guess you will need to ask the MM2H office. If you're going through a reputable agent, they should know the answer.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 1:03 pm
BM1
Just Joined

BM1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.: fingerscrossed:
Old Apr 21st 2016, 3:38 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BM1
Hi. I'm new to this but just about to apply for MM2H. I am a little worried about submitting my ACRO Police Report. I was a bit of a bad boy about 35 years ago and spent a while in the chokey.

Would anyone know if this is going to be detrimental to my application? I know they are only suppose to be interested in the last 10 years, but................
Hi BM1,

My understanding is an ACRO Police Report shows all convictions, warnings, reprimands and cautions recorded on UK Police Systems.

I suggest asking for advice from the British High Commission here in Malaysia explaining your intention to apply for MM2H and your concerns. Perhaps email them a PDF of your Acro Police Report.

See: http://www.gov.uk/government/world/o...n-kuala-lumpur

As an alternative to simply submitting your ACRO Police Report with your MM2H Application, you MIGHT be able to submit a Letter of Good Conduct (LGC) from the British High Commission (BHC) here in Malaysia instead. That is provided the BHC takes a reference from the UK police authority (i.e. it would need to see your ACRO Police Report).

I say ‘MIGHT’ because the BHC website does not list the issuance of LGCs as a service that it provides.

Whatever, the BHC should know the score, and how to put your MM2H application in the best light.

Good luck!

JC3
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Jane66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by montakute
Hi NeonHippy,
Great info. Here are the notes from the old my2home site on how to fill in the security bond form (this format worked for me in Nov 2014):

Where's it is a condition of the issue of a MM2H SOCIAL VISIT PASS to me the said NAME OF APPLICANT (PRINCIPAL) of ADDRESS OF APPLICANT (PRINCIPAL) IN MALAYSIA that there furnished by me / on behalf of the said NAME OF APPLICANT (PRINCIPAL) security in the sum of (RM ......) as a guarantee that I / the said will comply with the provisions of the above Ordinance and of any regulation made there under and with any conditions imposed in respect of or instructions endorsed on such MM2H SOCIAL VISIT PASS pass.

Now I, NAME OF APPLICANT'S SPOUSE NRIC No SPOUSE'S PASSPORT NO of ADDRESS OF SPOUSE IN MALAYSIA do hereby bind myself that I / the said NAME OF APPLICANT (PRINCIPAL) will comply with the provisions of the above Ordinance and of any regulation made there under and with any conditions imposed in respect of or instructions endorsed on such MM2H SOCIAL VISIT PASS pass. And in case of my / the said NAME OF APPLICANT (PRINCIPAL) making default therein, I hereby bind myself to forfeit to the Government of Malaysia the sum of (RM ......) Which I do hereby deposited with the Government of Malaysia vide Receipt No ..........

Dated this ..... day of ...Signature of the abovenamed..Etc.
Witness signature, etc.

Another thing from the old my2home site: the OP originally did the form wrong but ... "When we went to immigration, we were told that we hadn’t filled the Security Bond correctly. No matter, said the lady at the desk, while she whitened out the “wrong” portions, handed me an Instruction Sheet (sample form with generic filled in portions), and had me write the “correct” things on the whitener!" The thing he had done incorrectly was not specifying the spouse's name and passport in para 2. Nice to know that it might be ok if not done perfectly.

We received the Instruction sheet referred to above with the Conditional Letter of Approval.

We initially put our Canadian address in both address fields but the Hasil/Tax office told us to put a Malaysian address for the spouse's address. So we put the address of our hotel in KL as the spouse's address.
I've just got my MM2H approved. I would like to find out further how to deal with the Security Bond issue. Do I make the security deposit payment in any of the Inland Revenue office, also get them do the stamping on the Bond? Or do I pay the deposit at Ministry of Tourism & Culture Malaysia, Putrajaya (10 Floor, immigration unit) after the Bond is stamped?
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you do not actually hand over any money. You simply give them the bond stating that you will pay the money if in default. MoTAC don't hold on to it. I guess they figure that you can't get your money out of the fixed deposits without their say so, so they have easy access to the money should you think of absconding.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

kiat137 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BM1

Hi, 35 years ago and it just a small case would affect your approval.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 5:55 am
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
No, you do not actually hand over any money. You simply give them the bond stating that you will pay the money if in default. MoTAC don't hold on to it. I guess they figure that you can't get your money out of the fixed deposits without their say so, so they have easy access to the money should you think of absconding.
I just went to the income tax office with my (hopefully correctly filled out, very confusing) Security Bond form, filled out a request form in BM with the help of the guy on the desk, paid RM10 and they stamped my form. I rang the MM2H office and they said everything will be done on the spot, including payments, at the MM2H office in less than 2 hours.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Jane66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heliaviator
I just went to the income tax office with my (hopefully correctly filled out, very confusing) Security Bond form, filled out a request form in BM with the help of the guy on the desk, paid RM10 and they stamped my form. I rang the MM2H office and they said everything will be done on the spot, including payments, at the MM2H office in less than 2 hours.
Hi Heliavator,

Thanks for the info. I hope everything goes smoothly on your side. In other words I think it is right to say that we pay the bond deposit at the Ministry Tourism & Culture Malaysia (10th floor, Immigration unit).

Would be good also to hear about how you filled your Security Bond form. My understanding so far is the first paragraph is the main applicant details, whereas the 2nd paragraph to fill our spouse details But with a Malaysia address......And witness could be just anybody?? Thanks....
Old Jan 20th 2017, 7:28 am
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future

You may well be correct on the form. Interesting, as I don't have a spouse! I'm sure I read somewhere that a friend will do...I got my friendly bank manager to fill it in. I will most likely be going down to the MM2H office next Thursday as I now have all the required documents to hand but am off to Penang for a few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.