MM2H Approval Hope

Old Nov 15th 2018, 6:46 am
Just Joined

IAmNotABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Approval Hope

Originally Posted by SushiFan
You may want to read some newspaper articles about the political sensitivities in Malaysia about Chinese Nationals and the Forest City development project in Johor. Some random links:
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...p-forest-city/
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...dential-visas/
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...eting-efforts/
Different people say different things. Those days (pre election) people were passing out craps just to bring down UMNO.

According to someone anonymous (from Singapore), he says Forest City is a strategic move by principal investors to lock tourism potential needed to sustain the viability of High Speed Railway (HSR). In other words, "in his opinion", Forest City is one of the most brilliant move by the certain investors to tap into huge money (financing) from wealthy ones.
What Dr M says today may not apply in years to come, he will be history by then, initially he underestimated the genius of UMNO strategists. Put plainly, Forest City was meant to support the viability of HSR. Visa is no big deal, those can be classified as investor visa, or even multiple-entry visa. Or even tourist visa staying in "hotel", the size of Forest City. No problem even for mainland China. The current politicians (members of parliment) were too dumb to figure that out. Well, just an opinion which begs to differ from the rest. What is obvious to him is just the stupidity of glamour seeking clowns (Bull Shxt PH think thanks) claiming to be wise. I tend to agree. It shows the wisdom of Bangsa Johor. I salute the Sultan!
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

"Visa is no big deal, those can be classified as investor visa, or even multiple-entry visa. Or even tourist visa staying in "hotel", the size of Forest City. No problem even for mainland China. The current politicians (members of parliment) were too dumb to figure that out. Well, just an opinion which begs to differ from the rest."

Malaysian Federal government determines visa policy, and Federal Immigration (except Sabah and Sarawak) is also Federal. Feds could establish a policy that those on tourist visas can't buy property. Or deny visas to anyone that resides long-term (say > 30 days) or purchases a unit in a development that has more than, say, 50% non-citizen residents. Or one could set up a quota system. No more than 30% of the residents from any particular foreign nation. Johor has a lot less options than you seem to think.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
Johor has a lot less options than you seem to think.
Sure, but if Putrajaya declares "war" on Johor this is a suicide game. All will lose and all will lose dramatically. My guess for the future is that everything will calm down after Dr M steps down
Old Nov 16th 2018, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

700,000 foreign immigrants by 2050 seems like a lot and is serious. That's 20% of Johor's population.
A sense of scale- 40,000 MM2H applicants have received visas over the last 15 years. It would be the Federal Ministry that would be expected to handle the Visa applications.
To me it seems entirely reasonable that the Federal Government play a regulatory role. That's not a war...unless of course the Sultan demands the right to control immigration. I don't think Anwar (or any future government BN or Pakatan) would allow Johor to go ahead with such a project. There will be serious scaling down, in my opinion. Maybe by an order of magnitude.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 2:51 am
Just Joined

700,000 foreign immigrants by 2050 seems like a lot and is serious. That's 20% of Johor's population.
A sense of scale- 40,000 MM2H applicants have received visas over the last 15 years. It would be the Federal Ministry that would be expected to handle the Visa applications.
To me it seems entirely reasonable that the Federal Government play a regulatory role. That's not a war...unless of course the Sultan demands the right to control immigration. I don't think Anwar (or any future government BN or Pakatan) would allow Johor to go ahead with such a project. There will be serious scaling down, in my opinion. Maybe by an order of magnitude.
Scaling down? Not quite!
"Raja Kamarul added that more than 93 per cent of Forest City homes have been sold to foreigners to date. " quoted here:
https://www.malaymail.com/s/1688926/...est-city-homes

As for immigration, it is international zone, akin to a massive cruise parking near a "jetty". No big deal for the Sultan, and by right, Johoreans, since the non-citizens are not entitled to own local land freely. Misinformation, I would say. MM2h families do not ncessarily stay at those place.

Some see Forest City as just another "Australia" shrinked to the size fitting the neighbourhood, Australians (international waters if you dont mind, or even "airspace" just like another airplane) could probably understand better in that context. Again, it just "hearsay" but sensible ones from anonymous Singapore friends.

regards
Old Nov 18th 2018, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Who granted the "international status"? Actually there is no such thing...it's received "duty free status", which Penang and Labuan had several years back. This status was issued by the Federal Government. But the area is still under Malaysian sovereignty...police, immigration, housing, education, etc. are all under the control of the Federal Government. It's not like a "Radio Caroline", "Radio Luxembourg" or some North Sea Pirate Radio Station. It's definitely not a transitory cruise ship.

Your thinking that forest city is in "International Waters" is an illusion. The boundary between Singapore and Malaysia is well established...and Forest City would have to be created on some distant reef in the South Chine see to even potentially constitute a site that fell into International Waters (Terra nullius, in International law). That would be well beyond Pedra Blanca...

In terra nullius ALL States have the right to fish, extract resources, overfly, lay cables, navigate through (including military shipping containing nuclear weapons), undertake research, etc. Are you actually claiming that Malaysia has eternally ceded these rights.

And precisely how are these residents of this massive stranded "tour boat" supposed to get to Gilligan's Island? By air-drop? Would they not have to come in and leave by Iskander? Would Singapore set up ferries and immigration/customs facilities for them? Would those ferries not have to transit established Malaysian waters?

"The standard definition for absolute sovereign rights is 20 miles from any established land area (including coastal islands) or - where there are two or more contending parties for those coastal waters, then the mid-point between them. The parties may modify these by treaty. The Convention on the High Seas was used as a foundation for the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, signed in 1982, which recognized Exclusive Economic Zones extending 200 nautical miles from the baseline, where coastal States have sovereign rights to the water column and sea floor as well as the natural resources found there.

"Some see Forest City as just another "Australia""

"Some"...who? What authority do they have? Singaporean friends? Is the Sultan of Johor creating a sovereign state...like Australia. A separate military, judiciary, police, oh...and don't forget coinage and postage stamps ;-) Who recognizes this state? Hearsay...I say bulldada. There's no legal authority for your statements...and I don't think Australians are daft enough to think that Forest City would be governmentally or politically similar to Australia.

If Singapore wants to create some land-fill area within its national waters and cede it to "international waters" then that's their business. But Forest City was definitely in Malaysian waters, and subject to Malaysian FEDERAL authority (which includes any termination of "duty free status" offered by a previous PM).
Old Nov 19th 2018, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

stij19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all thanks for the responses really appreciate it, but I have another question, currently I’m staying in Malaysia under social visit visa and no one at my house I registered while applying MM2H, so if approved they will physically send the approval documents to my house (my country) or can I just get it by mail or just track by MM2H.gov.my ? And is it okay to them which I’m staying in Malaysia currently under another one time visa? Thanks again
Old Nov 20th 2018, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

The snail mail is not very fast in Malaysia. So, likely you will see online that your application has been approved before you'll actually receive the approval letter.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SushiFan
The snail mail is not very fast in Malaysia. So, likely you will see online that your application has been approved before you'll actually receive the approval letter.
Hi sir thanks FYI, so after I check online approval then still I need to back to my country and bring all the documents physically? Or could I just refer to the online approval and to another steps ahead?
Old Nov 21st 2018, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stij19

Hi sir thanks FYI, so after I check online approval then still I need to back to my country and bring all the documents physically? Or could I just refer to the online approval and to another steps ahead?
I don't know whether you have to bring the original document which they will send you by snail mail. In my case was all paperwork handled by an agent: I didn't attend the visit to Putrajaya where the MM2H visa was put in my passport.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road

you need that original approval letter. threat it as gold, you might need it for 10 years to come.
first you need it when going to the bank to setup the fd.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Who granted the "international status"? ... If Singapore wants to create some land-fill area within its national waters and cede it to "international waters" then that's their business. But Forest City was definitely in Malaysian waters, and subject to Malaysian FEDERAL authority (which includes any termination of "duty free status" offered by a previous PM).
I admit what I wrote is controversial and was based on hearsays, nothing authoritative. Sorry, everyone. Thank you Red Ape for catching me off-guard.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

currently status Pending Committe Approval (last changed since 1st of September 2018) and the application was submitted on 31 May 2018
I was told in MM2H office in KL that approvals for the applications with the numbers above 37000 are suspended until they decide what office is going to handle the approvals.

If you receive MM2H in KL, you are allowed to live anywhere in Western Malaysia. Just keep in mind that Kuala Lumpur and Penang are very polluted because they started burning recycled plastic. Malaysia became the “trash can” for developed nations since a Chinese ban on waste imports from the beginning of this year. Plastic that is unsuitable for recycling is burnt, which releases toxic chemicals into the atmosphere. Or it ends up in a landfill, potentially contaminating soil and sources of water. The stench of burning plastic and fumes from nearly a dozen recycling factories wafts through the neighbourhood. The situation is getting worse, especially with more and more illegal plastic recycling factories. You can read about this in "Plastic waste industry worth RM30b" (in themalaysianreserve) and there is a good article in reuters "Swamped with plastic. Malaysia struggles as global waste piles up".
Old Dec 21st 2018, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StillSearching
I was told in MM2H office in KL that approvals for the applications with the numbers above 37000 are suspended until they decide what office is going to handle the approvals.
Interesting. Maybe there's a turf war going on between MoTaC and Home Affairs/Immigration, or maybe the new Govt is slow to make up its mind.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by StillSearching

If you receive MM2H in KL, you are allowed to live anywhere in Western Malaysia. Just keep in mind that Kuala Lumpur and Penang are very polluted because they started burning recycled plastic. Malaysia became the “trash can” for developed nations since a Chinese ban on waste imports from the beginning of this year. Plastic that is unsuitable for recycling is burnt, which releases toxic chemicals into the atmosphere. Or it ends up in a landfill, potentially contaminating soil and sources of water. The stench of burning plastic and fumes from nearly a dozen recycling factories wafts through the neighbourhood. The situation is getting worse, especially with more and more illegal plastic recycling factories. You can read about this in "Plastic waste industry worth RM30b" (in themalaysianreserve) and there is a good article in reuters "Swamped with plastic. Malaysia struggles as global waste piles up".
hi there, many thanks for your information, btw sorry if there any relativity between the plastic issue and MM2H? Means that the givernment now fully focusing on that matter? Unfortunately mine is 368xx and damn until now still pending.. i also feel lazy to call because the answer is as always, in progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.