Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

MM2H along with Diplomats at Immigration Counters

MM2H along with Diplomats at Immigration Counters

Old Oct 25th 2014, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H along with Diplomats at Immigration Counters

Many of you might have known this already but my husband just used KLIA last week and discovered that MM2H visa holders could use the same immigration counter as diplomats and APEC passport holders at KLIA. In fact, the counter is called Diplomatic, APEC, Officials, something else, and MM2H. They are planning to put a similar counter for MM2H at KLIA2 too soon (if not already?). Going in and out of the country would be a breeze, another plus for MM2H visa!
Old Oct 25th 2014, 6:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H along with Diplomats at KLIA Immigration Counter

Yes it's the same at Penang airport. Quite neat.

(I'll shove this topic into the new MM2H section if I may, since it relates to MM2Hers. Hope that's OK with you.)
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H along with Diplomats at Immigration Counters

Many thanks. Its new location is more appropriate indeed.
Old May 25th 2015, 4:28 am
Just Joined

baldrick2dogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Are these counters off to the left at KLIA?
I used to go to the foreigners counters to the right, but now I have my MM2H I'll happily take advantage of shorter queues
Old May 25th 2015, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

The APEC, Diplomat line doesn't have the word MM2H at the Penang Intl Airport. I lined up at the Foreigner's coming in to the country; same as going out last week.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

meinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond repute

My wife gets annoyed that I can often get through immigration faster than she can, even with her Malaysian chip passport.
Yes, baldrick, they are left of centre at KLIA1 and usually empty.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 12:13 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by columbine
The APEC, Diplomat line doesn't have the word MM2H at the Penang Intl Airport. I lined up at the Foreigner's coming in to the country; same as going out last week.
I used the diplomat line at Penang airport this week for an international flight
The word on the sign was 'expatriates'
JC3

Last edited by JC3; Oct 7th 2015 at 2:08 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Cass44 is an unknown quantity at this point

The KLIA airport has recently opened e-gates for foreigners with long term residency. I made enquiries at immigration and was told that it was possible they would add MM2H holders in the future. There is a little booth to register in Arrivals just after the immigration counters. As this would be a huge benefit to us all perhaps other travellers could make a point of asking immigration if they could be included or mention something on a trip to Putrajaya when renewing?
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 5:48 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cass44
The KLIA airport has recently opened e-gates for foreigners with long term residency. I made enquiries at immigration and was told that it was possible they would add MM2H holders in the future. There is a little booth to register in Arrivals just after the immigration counters. As this would be a huge benefit to us all perhaps other travellers could make a point of asking immigration if they could be included or mention something on a trip to Putrajaya when renewing?
I asked about the e-gates when I went through KLIA a short while ago and was told it wasn't for MM2H'ers but I agree it would be great if that changed.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JC3
I used the diplomat line at Penang airport this week for an international flight
The word on the sign was 'expatriates'
JC3
Thanks JC3. Will try that next trip back.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

I tried this trick at KLIA2 last week and was sent back to the Foreigner queue. Seems it is not universally applied.

Does anyone have experience at other M'sian airports?
Old May 2nd 2016, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Post Re: MM2H along with Diplomats at Immigration Counters

Only 2 people in the Diplomat/expatriates line up, the others were long line ups., just recently at Pg Intl Airport. We switched to that and I noticed the 2 guys in front of us were holding Msian passports. I had no problem going through. The officer on the left waved hubby to his booth and he too went through without any problem
Only difference is hubby was asked if he wanted to have passport stamped while the officer attending to me didn't give me a choice, just stamped mine.
Old May 4th 2016, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point

can you use these counters at KL when coming in with only the MM2H approval letter? ie on the way to get the visa
Old May 4th 2016, 8:01 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwoofa
can you use these counters at KL when coming in with only the MM2H approval letter? ie on the way to get the visa
I wouldn't think so, since you won't (yet) have the visa.
Old May 4th 2016, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.