Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:06 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 371
RedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud of
Default Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

This was just announced by the MM2H Immigration Unit and will be important to widows and orphaned dependents if their spouse or parent passes away.

Compulsory Notification of Death of MM2H Participant (Principal / Dependent) to MM2H Immigration Unit Within Three (3) Months

1. MM2H participants must report their family member(principal or dependent)'s death to MM2H Immigration Unit within three (3) months.
2. The passing of the principal will render the MM2H pass of dependent(s) null and void.
3. MM2H Immigration Unit will no longer accept Change-of-Principal application if the death is not reported within three (3) months effective [ day-month-year ].

CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATION TO CHANGE PRINCIPAL

Take a look at the check-list and realize that in the case of death or DIVORCE it may be difficult to obtain many of these documents after the fact. It is important to think ahead and make copies and have them in a place available for use in the case of a need for termination of the original principal and transfer to a new principal.

Last edited by RedApe; Aug 16th 2018 at 12:10 am.
RedApe is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2018, 11:03 am
  #2  
Is
 
bakedbean's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Far North Queensland
Posts: 17,615
bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

(((Sigh))) and of course you won't be up to eyeballs in paperwork, wills, grief in the 3 months after (sarcasm on). Not very well thought out.
bakedbean is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:37 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
2bubbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
(((Sigh))) and of course you won't be up to eyeballs in paperwork, wills, grief in the 3 months after (sarcasm on). Not very well thought out.
I have just been looking around MM2H forums and came upon this. Wish I had discovered this site much earlier. Just registered and joined today. This actually happened to my family! 2nd year after we got our MM2H. My hubs had a cancer diagnosis and things were not looking good. This was in 2012 by the way. I applied to change principals right away and was approved. No problems at all. I have been living here exclusively since 2010. I have sent one child off to UK for university and have one more to go before I actually am really retired. I have seen some other discussions about what happens to property and inheritance etc. It's straight forward. Probate with a Will, no inheritance taxes and property that was in both our names got transferred easily to mine. There was more family drama than problems with MM2H visa. Been 6 years and I have not regret leaving Tokyo after 28 years and moving to KL . Things have really gotten expensive though!
2bubbles is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2018, 2:06 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 371
RedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Originally Posted by 2bubbles View Post
My hubs had a cancer diagnosis and things were not looking good. This was in 2012 by the way. I applied to change principals right away and was approved. No problems at all.
So did you (and your husband) apply for a change in the principal prior to his passing? Or afterwards? Also did you have any issues with the Fixed Account?

P.S. Glad your process went smoothly and you were able to stay.
RedApe is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2018, 1:38 am
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
2bubbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
So did you (and your husband) apply for a change in the principal prior to his passing? Or afterwards? Also did you have any issues with the Fixed Account?

P.S. Glad your process went smoothly and you were able to stay.
Yes, prior to his passing,I did by submitting a letter of intent, a letter from his oncologist at Gleneages Hospital, withdrew my husband's name as principal, left the FD as is with a change to my name. All other previous submitted documents were not required and left as is.
2bubbles is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2018, 2:38 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,150
mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
This was just announced by the MM2H Immigration Unit and will be important to widows and orphaned dependents if their spouse or parent passes away.

Compulsory Notification of Death of MM2H Participant (Principal / Dependent) to MM2H Immigration Unit Within Three (3) Months

1. MM2H participants must report their family member(principal or dependent)'s death to MM2H Immigration Unit within three (3) months.
2. The passing of the principal will render the MM2H pass of dependent(s) null and void.
3. MM2H Immigration Unit will no longer accept Change-of-Principal application if the death is not reported within three (3) months effective [ day-month-year ].

CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATION TO CHANGE PRINCIPAL

Take a look at the check-list and realize that in the case of death or DIVORCE it may be difficult to obtain many of these documents after the fact. It is important to think ahead and make copies and have them in a place available for use in the case of a need for termination of the original principal and transfer to a new principal.
Stage 2 clause 6

If you have been out of the country for many years how do you get such a clearance?

The document request as a whole, looks like a 'plan to fail' scenario. The more I read of Malaysian retirement, the more it seems that they do not want you.
mikemike is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2018, 2:47 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
2bubbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
Stage 2 clause 6

If you have been out of the country for many years how do you get such a clearance?

The document request as a whole, looks like a 'plan to fail' scenario. The more I read of Malaysian retirement, the more it seems that they do not want you.
For the letter of good conduct, you should get it from the last country of residence you were at with a legal visa if you have been out of country. We did, we had been in Tokyo for nearly 28 years, so noted that in our letter and they were fine with it.
2bubbles is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.