Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

This was just announced by the MM2H Immigration Unit and will be important to widows and orphaned dependents if their spouse or parent passes away.

Compulsory Notification of Death of MM2H Participant (Principal / Dependent) to MM2H Immigration Unit Within Three (3) Months

1. MM2H participants must report their family member(principal or dependent)'s death to MM2H Immigration Unit within three (3) months.
2. The passing of the principal will render the MM2H pass of dependent(s) null and void.
3. MM2H Immigration Unit will no longer accept Change-of-Principal application if the death is not reported within three (3) months effective [ day-month-year ].

CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATION TO CHANGE PRINCIPAL

Take a look at the check-list and realize that in the case of death or DIVORCE it may be difficult to obtain many of these documents after the fact. It is important to think ahead and make copies and have them in a place available for use in the case of a need for termination of the original principal and transfer to a new principal.

Last edited by RedApe; Aug 16th 2018 at 12:10 am.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 11:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of MM2H Principle Applicant- New Rule

(((Sigh))) and of course you won't be up to eyeballs in paperwork, wills, grief in the 3 months after (sarcasm on). Not very well thought out.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

2bubbles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
(((Sigh))) and of course you won't be up to eyeballs in paperwork, wills, grief in the 3 months after (sarcasm on). Not very well thought out.
I have just been looking around MM2H forums and came upon this. Wish I had discovered this site much earlier. Just registered and joined today. This actually happened to my family! 2nd year after we got our MM2H. My hubs had a cancer diagnosis and things were not looking good. This was in 2012 by the way. I applied to change principals right away and was approved. No problems at all. I have been living here exclusively since 2010. I have sent one child off to UK for university and have one more to go before I actually am really retired. I have seen some other discussions about what happens to property and inheritance etc. It's straight forward. Probate with a Will, no inheritance taxes and property that was in both our names got transferred easily to mine. There was more family drama than problems with MM2H visa. Been 6 years and I have not regret leaving Tokyo after 28 years and moving to KL . Things have really gotten expensive though!
Old Nov 7th 2018, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2bubbles
My hubs had a cancer diagnosis and things were not looking good. This was in 2012 by the way. I applied to change principals right away and was approved. No problems at all.
So did you (and your husband) apply for a change in the principal prior to his passing? Or afterwards? Also did you have any issues with the Fixed Account?

P.S. Glad your process went smoothly and you were able to stay.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedApe
So did you (and your husband) apply for a change in the principal prior to his passing? Or afterwards? Also did you have any issues with the Fixed Account?

P.S. Glad your process went smoothly and you were able to stay.
Yes, prior to his passing,I did by submitting a letter of intent, a letter from his oncologist at Gleneages Hospital, withdrew my husband's name as principal, left the FD as is with a change to my name. All other previous submitted documents were not required and left as is.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
This was just announced by the MM2H Immigration Unit and will be important to widows and orphaned dependents if their spouse or parent passes away.

Compulsory Notification of Death of MM2H Participant (Principal / Dependent) to MM2H Immigration Unit Within Three (3) Months

1. MM2H participants must report their family member(principal or dependent)'s death to MM2H Immigration Unit within three (3) months.
2. The passing of the principal will render the MM2H pass of dependent(s) null and void.
3. MM2H Immigration Unit will no longer accept Change-of-Principal application if the death is not reported within three (3) months effective [ day-month-year ].

CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATION TO CHANGE PRINCIPAL

Take a look at the check-list and realize that in the case of death or DIVORCE it may be difficult to obtain many of these documents after the fact. It is important to think ahead and make copies and have them in a place available for use in the case of a need for termination of the original principal and transfer to a new principal.
Stage 2 clause 6

If you have been out of the country for many years how do you get such a clearance?

The document request as a whole, looks like a 'plan to fail' scenario. The more I read of Malaysian retirement, the more it seems that they do not want you.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikemike
Stage 2 clause 6

If you have been out of the country for many years how do you get such a clearance?

The document request as a whole, looks like a 'plan to fail' scenario. The more I read of Malaysian retirement, the more it seems that they do not want you.
For the letter of good conduct, you should get it from the last country of residence you were at with a legal visa if you have been out of country. We did, we had been in Tokyo for nearly 28 years, so noted that in our letter and they were fine with it.