Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Covid Vaccination for MM2Hers at the end of the queue?

Covid Vaccination for MM2Hers at the end of the queue?

Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Vaccination for MM2Hers at the end of the queue?

Originally Posted by WiredTight
Once they start vaccinating the next groups of people, where will this be happening at. I'm trying to think of a place here in Penang large enough to handle hundreds -thousands of people a day. Some place to set up a "production line" to process the most people, while also tossing in public transportation, private parking, and other requirements.
I forgot where I read it, but there was talk of administering shots at the companies themselves so that workers would not need to travel. And for those "production lines" were they considering places as Spice Arena on the island, and a similarly large sports arena on the mainland. Those places have huge parking areas.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=StillSearching;12982978]Dear MM2Hers,
Can you please tell us here when you get a Covid vaccine in Malaysia?
The Health Minister remarked regarding covid vaccination for non-citizens:
“It will involve all groups of non-citizens who are residing in Malaysia, however, priority will be given to Malaysian citizens."
They expect to vaccinate 90% by Feb.2022.
First vaccine which is distributed is Phizer.
I am just wondering if indeed MM2Hers will get their vaccine at the end, after all the citizens are vaccinated, and the only vaccine will be left is Sputnik, which is the

SputnikV will be produced in EU from mid year. Nothing wrong with it. To the contrary.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
SputnikV will be produced in EU from mid year. Nothing wrong with it. To the contrary.
But Sputnik V has not yet been released for use in Europe. It is under Rolling Review by Europe's EMA. I would feel more comfortable once they have completed their review.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
But Sputnik V has not yet been released for use in Europe. It is under Rolling Review by Europe's EMA. I would feel more comfortable once they have completed their review.
Anyway, that all will happen long, long time before the first MM2Her gets his shot. Probably when we get it, there will be already 15 vaccines in the market.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eCdD
Anyway, that all will happen long, long time before the first MM2Her gets his shot. Probably when we get it, there will be already 15 vaccines in the market.
I agree. So I'm using a "wait and see" approach. By the time it is my turn to receive a vaccination I will consider my options, and don't speculate much in the mean time.
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:58 am
Just Joined

GreenState is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get infection after receiving a vaccine, it'll help alleviate your suffering.
You'll likely don't need intubation, which is a big deal. Best case you will be asymptomatic
In any case, if you think you have a symptom, you should get tested.

"Scientists at the VA's Office of Research and Development in White River Junction, Vermont, have found that the vaccines can provide immunity for at least seven to nine months -- a time frame similar to the immune response generated in people who have had COVID-19."
Old Mar 28th 2021, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenState
If you get infection after receiving a vaccine, it'll help alleviate your suffering.
You'll likely don't need intubation, which is a big deal. Best case you will be asymptomatic
In any case, if you think you have a symptom, you should get tested.

"Scientists at the VA's Office of Research and Development in White River Junction, Vermont, have found that the vaccines can provide immunity for at least seven to nine months -- a time frame similar to the immune response generated in people who have had COVID-19."
Yes! We all should get a vaccine asap. In the US now, even veterinarians are allowed to administer this vaccine. The speed of vaccination is too slow in Malaysia. Why don't they allow private clinics and labs to administer the shots? The longer this process is the greater the chance for the new variants to emerge.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 3:33 am
Just Joined

GreenState is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the problem in MYS is more about the vaccines limited availability.
However, their policy of putting foreigners in the last tier is short sighted because it's all about controlling the spread.
If money is the problem, they should just charge them the cost plus some nominal fee.
Stay safe and healthy, people!
Do practice social distancing, and wear that facemask when you're outside even if you have your vaccines.
We're all in this thing together.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

Many foreign workers are low paid and some wouldn't get vaccinated if charged.
Agree that vaccination priority should be based on medical need not nationality.

Old May 13th 2021, 2:25 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

My wife & I have yet to receive our vaccinations. However, our MM2H friends couple put their name on a standby list at their local vaccination centre a few days ago. The same day they received a call to report to the centre and received their inoculations as other people scheduled had failed to show up. So it may be worth checking with your local centre to see if they run a similar scheme. It's a very sensible use of vaccine that would otherwise be wasted.
Old May 14th 2021, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

We also got our vaccine a week ago on Friday. We also added our names on a standby list at the local center. They asked us not to show up at the center but wait for their call.

However, we never received a call or a messages from them. Our friend called to notify us. I was told that mostly government people got to know about it. Vaccination was administered to people in group 2, who are older than 60 and have preexisting conditions.

We've been asked for papers from our doctor to prove preexisting conditions.

There were about 20 people on walk-in basis in front of us. The whole process took about 2 hours but it was well organized. By the time when we were exiting, there were about 100 people already waiting outside the doors. They've been not maintaining safe distance.

It looks like it is better to show up by noon on Fridays and check.

Last edited by StillSearching; May 14th 2021 at 12:59 am.