British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Retirement and MM2H (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/)
-   -   Cheapest Medical Insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/retirement-mm2h-205/cheapest-medical-insurance-913021/)

nanohits May 21st 2018 1:59 pm

Cheapest Medical Insurance

Hello All,

What are everyones experience on Malaysian Medical insurance. The thing is I dont plan to actually be in Malaysia for too long till we retire there in a few years so just checking what would be the cheapest insurance to fulfil the MM2H requirements as will be a waste to pay insurance while I am not there and my local Insurance here in AU does not cover worldwide.
I heard <snip> was quite cheap.

Thanks

RedApe May 21st 2018 10:47 pm

Re: Cheapest Medical Insurance

There are a couple of threads on this that might help.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/reti...urance-853256/

https://britishexpats.com/forum/reti...urance-900355/
​​​​​​​

nanohits May 22nd 2018 1:29 am

Thanks for that. Some of them are few years old. Just looking for anyone thats done this in 2018.

eCdD May 22nd 2018 7:44 am

Probably AIG still is the cheapest.

simon2017 May 22nd 2018 8:22 am

Originally Posted by nanohits (Post 12503041)
Hello All,

What are everyones experience on Malaysian Medical insurance. The thing is I dont plan to actually be in Malaysia for too long till we retire there in a few years so just checking what would be the cheapest insurance to fulfil the MM2H requirements as will be a waste to pay insurance while I am not there and my local Insurance here in AU does not cover worldwide.
I heard <snip> was quite cheap.

Thanks

Hi nanohits,

know you are after 2018 quotes but I am an Australian (presume AU is Australia) and somewhat similar circumstances. I used an agent and asked for the absolute minimum insurance that qualified for MM2H and was directed to Progressive Insurance BHD. This was at June 2017. Also was told by agent that I only need the insurance for the first year. PM me is you want more details.

julesholliday Jul 23rd 2018 7:14 am

Hello, my name is Jules and I am very new to all this - my first message so no doubt I shall contravene some code of conduct!

I am in exactly the same boat as nanohits - I have had MM2H approved so need medical insurance before they can stamp my passport which needs to be done in the next few weeks. But I actually am planning on staying in Perth, Western Australia, for the next two years before I retire & I have medical insurance here already.

So does anyone have any ideas on how I can "tick the boxes" with minimal expense while I am in Australia please?

Best
Jules

nanohits Jul 23rd 2018 7:17 am

Originally Posted by julesholliday (Post 12537069)
Hello, my name is Jules and I am very new to all this - my first message so no doubt I shall contravene some code of conduct!

I am in exactly the same boat as nanohits - I have had MM2H approved so need medical insurance before they can stamp my passport which needs to be done in the next few weeks. But I actually am planning on staying in Perth, Western Australia, for the next two years before I retire & I have medical insurance here already.

So does anyone have any ideas on how I can "tick the boxes" with minimal expense while I am in Australia please?

Best
Jules

Hi Jules,

Mine is all signed and sealed. So now a happy MM2H person. For insurance I used Progressive and it was cheapest cover and ended up with 1200RM for a year as I also live here in Adelaide and plan to for the next few years.
My Medibank did not cover Malaysia so I had to get Progressive which turned out to be the cheapest.

julesholliday Jul 23rd 2018 8:44 am

Originally Posted by nanohits (Post 12537070)
Hi Jules,

Mine is all signed and sealed. So now a happy MM2H person. For insurance I used Progressive and it was cheapest cover and ended up with 1200RM for a year as I also live here in Adelaide and plan to for the next few years.
My Medibank did not cover Malaysia so I had to get Progressive which turned out to be the cheapest.

That's great - my thanks indeed! I think 1200RM a year is very reasonable indeed - I'd been quoted 1290RM a month through my MM2H agent!! Just one last question, did you get it on-line through a Malaysian website or did you actually get it in Malaysia through a physical outlet?

Thanks again!
Jules

nanohits Jul 23rd 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by julesholliday (Post 12537114)
That's great - my thanks indeed! I think 1200RM a year is very reasonable indeed - I'd been quoted 1290RM a month through my MM2H agent!! Just one last question, did you get it on-line through a Malaysian website or did you actually get it in Malaysia through a physical outlet?

Thanks again!
Jules

PM me and I will send the contact email and you can do everything online :)

julesholliday Jul 24th 2018 1:08 am

Hello again - I tried messaging yesterday but my response had to be "examined" & I assume it failed! The system won't actually let me send you a PM because of something about the number of posts being more than three.

But as I have only just joined, I should have less than that - is there any way you can PM me with that thread please?

I did put my email address down in the last reply but that might have been considered naughty!

Thanks a lot!
Jules

SushiFan Jul 24th 2018 7:12 am

Originally Posted by julesholliday (Post 12537535)
Hello again - I tried messaging yesterday but my response had to be "examined" & I assume it failed! The system won't actually let me send you a PM because of something about the number of posts being more than three.

But as I have only just joined, I should have less than that - is there any way you can PM me with that thread please?

I did put my email address down in the last reply but that might have been considered naughty!

Thanks a lot!
Jules

You have done the right thing by writing this post: you've achieved 3 posts and should be able to send PM's by now.

By the way: the annual premium for the insurance depends on age and gender. Don't compare apples and oranges.

nanohits Jul 24th 2018 7:14 am

Jules, I have sent you the PM.

BEVS Jul 24th 2018 10:43 pm

One can contact another member via a BE email.

Just click on the username of the person and select 'Send Email To'. A box will open to send a message.

The message will reach the user in question via the email address they use for BE.

That way there is no need to clog and litter threads with pointless posts just to access the BE PM system

regards
BEVS

BEVS Jul 24th 2018 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by julesholliday (Post 12537535)

Thanks a lot!
Jules

Not naughty but not too wise. We remove personal details of that nature in the user's best interests. There are any amount of oddballs and spam bots out there very happy to get their hands on a person's email address.

nanohits Jul 24th 2018 11:27 pm

I already PMed Jules and she got the info. So all good.