Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Announcement of Premium Visa Program

Announcement of Premium Visa Program

Old Sep 1st 2022, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Announcement of Premium Visa Program

I saw this news article today: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...ich-investors/
It looks like that they want to create a visa category "one level up" from the MM2H visa, applicable to more wealthy applicants. MM2H is now being called a "retirement visa".
Seeing the low number of MM2H applications in the last year I have my doubts whether they will reach the target of 1,000 participants per year.
Old Sep 2nd 2022, 9:20 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Announcement of Premium Visa Program

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I saw this news article today: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...ich-investors/
It looks like that they want to create a visa category "one level up" from the MM2H visa, applicable to more wealthy applicants. MM2H is now being called a "retirement visa".
Seeing the low number of MM2H applications in the last year I have my doubts whether they will reach the target of 1,000 participants per year.
Interesting. Maybe they will now revisit MM2H and amend the requirements back to more realistic levels for a 'retirement visa'.
Old Sep 3rd 2022, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Flyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant futureFlyguy has a brilliant future

Says nothing about tax exemptions. So what's the incentive???
I see none.
Old Sep 4th 2022, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Stakeholders share their views on the premium visa programme

Malaysia My Second Home Consultants Association president Anthony Liew said Malaysia was a favourable choice for both Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) or PVIP applicants given the country’s diversity.
“Almost everyone can speak English here, with many from the Chinese community able to speak in Mandarin and other dialects.
“This makes communication easier here for both Westerners and also those from Chinese-speaking countries.
“Similarly, the warmth of the Malaysian people will also attract either MM2H or PVIP applicants,” he said.
He, however, felt that the 1,000 participant target for the PVIP programme was “high”, given the already slow take-up rate for MM2H itself,” he said.
My emphasis

Zerin Properties group chief executive officer Previndran Singhe said Malaysia’s strengths stemmed from its favourable diplomatic relations with countries such as China and Japan, whose investors were already accustomed to Malaysia’s economic and social environment....
He, however, noted that the highly competitive market meant it would require some time to effectively plan and implement the programme for a wider reach which made the targeted 1,000 participants in the first year a highly ambitious goal.
“For context, as of June 2017, the Singapore Global Investor Program (GIP), which offers permanent residency to those who qualify, granted 1,826 applicants the status of permanent residents since its inception in 2004.
“Of these, 67 of them have received citizenship,” he said.
Old Sep 6th 2022, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...day-of-launch/

20,000 applications reported on opening day
Old Sep 6th 2022, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...day-of-launch/

20,000 applications reported on opening day
I was surprised when I saw that article this morning. Surprised because of two reasons:
(a) the "new MM2H" has been accepting new applications since about 10 months ago. Since then have less than 1,000 applications been received. This was reported a couple of weeks ago in parliament by the same minister.
(b) if these 20,000 applications were received on the very first day it must imply that certain parties were already pre-informed that this new visa was going to become available. I wonder how they were able to prepare those applications as it became public information only a couple of days ago.

These considerations make me doubt whether these 20,000 applications are genuine.
Old Sep 6th 2022, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I was surprised when I saw that article this morning. Surprised because of two reasons:
(a) the "new MM2H" has been accepting new applications since about 10 months ago. Since then have less than 1,000 applications been received. This was reported a couple of weeks ago in parliament by the same minister.
(b) if these 20,000 applications were received on the very first day it must imply that certain parties were already pre-informed that this new visa was going to become available. I wonder how they were able to prepare those applications as it became public information only a couple of days ago.

These considerations make me doubt whether these 20,000 applications are genuine.
Yes, it's really strange. Also, who would want to apply for this new visa instead of the new MM2H? Is it the 200K application fee that is more tempting?

Only one difference seems to be that you can do business on the premium visa. Not sure exactly what it means by doing business, as you could already be a business owner on the MM2H. But if someone wanted to move their operations to Malaysia they could already just open a company here and get a work visa. 500k or 1M registered capital is required, but those are your own money then which you could use to pay your own salary or business expenses, so any serious business person would do that instead of this premium visa.
Old Oct 12th 2022, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Today saw a press conference by the immigration department about the new PVIP visa program:
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...isa-programme/
I won't comment on this but find it strange that suddenly "approved agencies" and middlemen are involved, who have to cough up an initial deposit for each potential applicant.
Old Oct 12th 2022, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Quite surprised that these clowns still do "press conferences".

After GE15 at least we will not see the face of Hamzah again, no matter whan follows, what a happy moment.