Adding Spouse to MM2H visa

Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding Spouse to MM2H visa

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
I obtained a visit visa at the MY embassy before travelling to MY for my MM2H visa. This to avoid the JP charge .
Wouldn't it be possible to do the same for the wife to be added?
Unfortunately nowadays Malaysian embassies refuse to give this visit visa without a letter from a Malaysian institutions. And MM2H will not give you this letter if you have broken the Journey Performed rule when obtaining your MM2H visa. So very difficult, but I would love to hear a success story.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the goal is to get the visa from an overseas Malaysian Embassy/Consulate BEFORE you pick up your MM2H visa.

Getting a letter and then trying to get a One-Time entry visa from a foreign embassy/consulate AFTER you have an MM2H and paid the JP fee...why would you do that?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
Well, the goal is to get the visa from an overseas Malaysian Embassy/Consulate BEFORE you pick up your MM2H visa.

Getting a letter and then trying to get a One-Time entry visa from a foreign embassy/consulate AFTER you have an MM2H and paid the JP fee...why would you do that?
I am talking about dependents who not have the MM2H pass already. For example, a couple with MM2H is going back to their (non-commonwealth) home country to give birth, the baby will not get the visa to enter Malaysia because the main applicant "broke the rules" before.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eCdD
I am talking about dependents who not have the MM2H pass already. For example, a couple with MM2H is going back to their (non-commonwealth) home country to give birth, the baby will not get the visa to enter Malaysia because the main applicant "broke the rules" before.
Did this actually happen to you?
Old Mar 31st 2020, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedApe
Did this actually happen to you?
Yes.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eCdD View Post
Red Apeid this actually happen to you?
Yes
Hmmm...I thought back on 3 November 2019 you said.
I have added our child, that was totally straightforward.
What occurred to you doesn't sound very straightforward at all.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

It was straightforward because I am used to fork out the RM 500 JP punishment for every wife and kid I add

Just mumble all the time to myself "You know, you still have a big credit from the car tax incentive" as a mantra.

Only way to avoid is giving birth in Malaysia, but we donĀ“t consider this for various reasons.