Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Where did you leave your stuff in UK?

Where did you leave your stuff in UK?

Old May 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

lifemagic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where did you leave your stuff in UK?

Hi,

Where did you leave all your stuff in the UK when you went? I lived abroad for a decade but left it with my parents, who aren't here now.

Now my feet are itchy. The thing is, everything I want to leave is in one suitcase, only about four foot by three, but heavy. Not valuable moneywise, but irreplaceable to me. Too much to take as I want to keep moving.

I looked where to put it, maybe for up to a year. All the places are either for full home contents, or safety deposit boxes for a small amount. I don't really know anyone here anymore. I'm in London W6, but wouldn't mind travelling anywhere to store it. Hoping to find something reasonable for... dunno, 'undred quid a year? No chance is there? I'm talking about a proper place, registered business, receipts issued etc. rather than some eccentric bag lady you know with a spare corner of her squat free.

Just thought one of you clever people might have found somewhere.
Old May 27th 2006, 10:09 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where did you leave your stuff in UK?

Originally Posted by lifemagic
Hi,

Where did you leave all your stuff in the UK when you went? I lived abroad for a decade but left it with my parents, who aren't here now.

Now my feet are itchy. The thing is, everything I want to leave is in one suitcase, only about four foot by three, but heavy. Not valuable moneywise, but irreplaceable to me. Too much to take as I want to keep moving.

I looked where to put it, maybe for up to a year. All the places are either for full home contents, or safety deposit boxes for a small amount. I don't really know anyone here anymore. I'm in London W6, but wouldn't mind travelling anywhere to store it. Hoping to find something reasonable for... dunno, 'undred quid a year? No chance is there? I'm talking about a proper place, registered business, receipts issued etc. rather than some eccentric bag lady you know with a spare corner of her squat free.

Just thought one of you clever people might have found somewhere.
talk to/ go see your local independant removal/ storage company or put it in a self store warehouse? http://www.accessstorage.com/home/default.asp
access storage are one exanple of many
Old May 29th 2006, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.

They don't actually post prices, but I've fired off an email, I'll post again with their price.

I've a vague feeling I've passed one of their places on the way into London.
Old May 30th 2006, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Yep, they've an office in Shepard's Bush. Thirty pounds a month. 350pa-5%for advance payment. It' does seem expensive, and that's only for 2x2ft. I guess that's just how much it costs.