Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Student with HND in environmental science, where to go?

Student with HND in environmental science, where to go?

Old Apr 10th 2014, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

bassmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Student with HND in environmental science, where to go?

Hey guys,

So I am currently a student, I study online and I am currently studying a HND in environmental science. I am keeping my options open, but my absolute passion is wildlife. I have always dreamed of living in a small hut right on the beach, I don't care much for fancy extras, internet, electricity the usual compulsorys but I would give up the rest for a small bungalow type hut that opened its doors onto a quiet white sandy beach.

I still havent decided on a job yet so of course this would probably define where I would live. I am from the UK but currently live in Bahrain with my family. I don't want to get an apartment here or an apartment back in the UK. A dream job would be to swim in the coral reefs and study wildlife, whether it be on land or in the water. But a dream home is as I described a small hut right on the beach, blue waters and plam trees.

The only issue is, I cannot seem to find many anywhere. I did find a hut that perfectly fitted my description in the cook islands but it was a vacation one and so the price was something like 800 dollars per week for the rent (SNIP)

Any suggestions on good locations I could go to live, perhaps jobs or even sites that I can find properties similar to the one in that link would be really appreciated. Budget is fairly important since I cant imagine I will be on big wages, cost of living cant be too pricy either but if other things are cheaper that counter act the cost of living then it may be worth it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 12th 2014 at 7:30 pm. Reason: URL removed top allow post