sending Moroccan handicrafts back to UK

sending Moroccan handicrafts back to UK

Old Nov 6th 2002, 9:20 am
tad
Just Joined

tad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sending Moroccan handicrafts back to UK

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has advice on how to do this. I'm thinking of buying some ceramics and leather goods in Morocco.

I would like if at all possible to visit the handicraft workshops myself, but I'm having no success in finding out where these are located.

Once I've made the purchases, what's the best way to get them back to UK?. Do I need to have them driven to the nearest port, or are they sent on to UK by the person I buy them from?? Has anyone bought items in bulk and if so what were your experiences.

Many thanks for any useful info.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Moulay Hassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sending Moroccan handicrafts back to UK

Originally Posted by tad
Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has advice on how to do this. I'm thinking of buying some ceramics and leather goods in Morocco.

I would like if at all possible to visit the handicraft workshops myself, but I'm having no success in finding out where these are located.

Once I've made the purchases, what's the best way to get them back to UK?. Do I need to have them driven to the nearest port, or are they sent on to UK by the person I buy them from?? Has anyone bought items in bulk and if so what were your experiences.

Many thanks for any useful info.

Hello,

Have you visited Marocco (Marrakech). I am from here and it is easy tou found workshops.

If you want to get them back to UK there is may solutions depending on height : DHL, FedEx, Chronopost (all reliable) If height is more than 60 kg the Moroccan Air Company Royal Air Maroc offers good prices for handicraft : less than 1 Euro/kg.
You have also solution by container from Marrakech to Casablanca and then to UK.
And also Truck from Marrakech to UK.

Pleae give me more infos.