Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Not sure what course of action to take..

Not sure what course of action to take..

Old Mar 25th 2015, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

MDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not sure what course of action to take..

Hello all
I recently started a new job abroad. I have been put up in a hotel for free and given one month in which to find a place to stay. However, for the first two weeks I was told I was next in line to get a company flat, so I did not bother looking. Then I was told there is actually no company flat currently available although I know that expats should be given priority as we are new to the area. I have seen a few rental places but nothing really suitable and everywhere is unfurnished (!). So, in another day or so I will have to start paying for the hotel.

Essentially I'm not sure whether to stamp my feet and make a stand (I was given limited help by the company in finding a place), and request more free days in the hotel until I find a place. Or should I just find any half-decent place ASAP? A secure place is a priority too.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:14 am
Just Joined

MDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond reputeMDiligent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not sure what course of action to take..

Just as an update I stamped my feet and got a bit more assistance (!). Also found a flat in the end, although quite costly, it seems decent and should do. Cheers