British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Rest of the World (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rest-world-62/)
-   -   moving aboard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rest-world-62/moving-aboard-819642/)

sarah83 Dec 29th 2013 3:58 pm

moving aboard

what to people think about moving abaord

sarah83 Dec 29th 2013 4:12 pm

Re: moving aboard

thinking about moving aboard n unsure there the best place to move to. any one got any idea

scot47 Dec 30th 2013 4:58 pm

We need to know more about you ! Skills, dependants, capital ?

Dashie Jan 1st 2014 8:54 pm

There are sections for lots of different areas, big place this world, if you're really not sure, maybe a post in the Lounge section? That seems to be a fairly general area. Most of the people in this section are people who have or are considering moving to areas not covered by other sections.

Advice on where would be good really depends on what you do, your level of education, what you're looking for, your age etc.

Mitzyboy Jan 3rd 2014 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Dashie (Post 11058995)
There are sections for lots of different areas, big place this world, if you're really not sure, maybe a post in the Lounge section? That seems to be a fairly general area. Most of the people in this section are people who have or are considering moving to areas not covered by other sections.

Advice on where would be good really depends on what you do, your level of education, what you're looking for, your age etc.

No, please dont post such a question in the lounge, it's unlikely to be treated seriously there.

I think the main thing is to start trimming it down to countries you may like the idea of living in, and then ask around in the general forums for those areas

Dashie Jan 3rd 2014 11:54 am

Fair enough, I've not spent time there, just thought it was a place for general introductions etc.

Quite right though, it's a big world, probably need to narrow it down a bit and go from there :) maybe read the wiki for each section and see if anything takes your fancy?

AJ1234 Jan 8th 2014 9:35 am

quite vague questions! Where are you from firstly to know where you might consider to move from? People can move abroad due to many factors, weather, job opportunities, cost and financial benefits (i.e. lower tax rates in certain places) etc. Depends on what kind of lifestyle you want.

Gordon Barlow Jan 10th 2014 2:33 pm

Has Sarah ever moved away from her home town? If not, she should start with that. The UK is a large and amazingly varied place, after all.

Ideally, one should visit abroad before moving abroad.

seasons Apr 5th 2014 4:36 pm

Sarah

You must have some idea as to where you wish to move/ What inspires you?

Seasons