Reload this Page >

Me, German marrying a Columbian in England

Me, German marrying a Columbian in England

Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Bautzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Me, German marrying a Columbian in England

Hi,

i got the following question. Im german, my girlfriend columbian. We re both students here.

Now we want to marry here BUT she does not actually want to stay here - we re planning to go to columbia once her student visa has expired.

do we still need to get her student visa changed into a marry ... whatever visa?

Thanks a lot!

David
Old Jan 20th 2008, 12:03 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Me, German marrying a Columbian in England

How long have you known the lass? It can't have been long if you still don't know that the country is spelled Colombia, not Columbia.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me, German marrying a Columbian in England

Originally Posted by Bautzer
Hi,

i got the following question. Im german, my girlfriend columbian. We re both students here.

Now we want to marry here BUT she does not actually want to stay here - we re planning to go to columbia once her student visa has expired.

do we still need to get her student visa changed into a marry ... whatever visa?
She doesn't need to change visa but may need a Certificate of Approval to marry:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/vis...?view=Standard