Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Living and working in Mauritius

Living and working in Mauritius

Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

KimAlix is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Living and working in Mauritius

Hi there - my name is Kim and I would like to move to Mauritius. I am living in London at the moment and have dual South African and British citizenship. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I have an MBA and work experience in media, communications and social enterprises. I would really appreciate input from anyone who has gone through this process or is living in Mauritius now. What is it like?

thanks a million. Kim
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:02 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living and working in Mauritius

Hi, im from Mauritius - what do you want to know exactly?
Just ask and i'll try to answer
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

KimAlix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - thanks - I really appreciate it. Firstly what is the best way to go about finding a job - would you look online (i have looked at myjobs.mu) or actually visit the island and talk to people and network that way? Are there any PR or communications agencies on the island? Is there anyone focussed on sustainable development? How long have you lived there? What do you do? Did you find it easy to meet people? How did you find your job? Why did you choose Mauritius?

Well I think that might be enough for now! take care, Kim
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:49 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Good set of answers you got there. Never been by the looks of things either or did you not even take a holiday.

Best place to go is Utopia they are focussed on sustainable development.