Life in Djibouti?

Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:22 am
Just Joined

redzebra is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Life in Djibouti?

Anyone anglophones out there please help! We are currently in "l'ile de la Reunion" and my french husband is considering a 2 year posting to Djibouti with a multinational company, and I was wondering what its like to live out there? I have spoken to a couple of french people who have given me mixed reviews about what its like with a small child (we have a one year old baby boy) but they have all told me that they have never met any anglophones! Are any of you out there? Could you please give me some advice as to whether its possible to meet people with young children? Healthwise is Malaria a big risk? Is the climate far too harsh? Please, please give me some advice! My husband and I have already lived and worked in the Ivory Coast and speak both french and english but have never ever visited East Africa. Please help!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

bucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nice
Default Re: Life in Djibouti?

Originally posted by redzebra
Anyone anglophones out there please help! We are currently in "l'ile de la Reunion" and my french husband is considering a 2 year posting to Djibouti with a multinational company, and I was wondering what its like to live out there? I have spoken to a couple of french people who have given me mixed reviews about what its like with a small child (we have a one year old baby boy) but they have all told me that they have never met any anglophones! Are any of you out there? Could you please give me some advice as to whether its possible to meet people with young children? Healthwise is Malaria a big risk? Is the climate far too harsh? Please, please give me some advice! My husband and I have already lived and worked in the Ivory Coast and speak both french and english but have never ever visited East Africa. Please help!!!!
Take a look at ;
http://www.expats.org.uk/countryinfo.html
Hope it helps a bit.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

bucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nicebucklt is just really nice

Originally posted by redzebra
Take a look at ;
Hope it helps a bit.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bucklt
Take a look at ;
Hope it helps a bit.
Been briefly a couple of times, a railway siding in the desert, as inferior to Reunion as imaginable. Trust me, if you have an alternative, consider it.

Best of luck

David
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

I visited in 92 and was shot at by a taxi driver. Wouldn't go back - say no more.