Johannesburg-Gaborone

Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Jeffrey Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Johannesburg-Gaborone

I am looking for a safe mode of public transportation from Joburg to Gabs in early February. I spent nearly five years in Nata, Botswana, in the early 90's, so I've made the trip several times using the combies. However, this will be my wife's first trip to Southern Africa, and I'm really not ready to subject her the combi experience from Hillbrow. We will probably take the Translux from Capetown to Joburg, so I need to get from the rotunda to Gaborone. Can anyone help?

I had also planned on touring Hwange and Vic Falls from the Zim side but am now considering going staight to Livingstone because of the Mugabe unrest. Any suggestions here?
Old Jan 4th 2003, 3:55 am
Just Joined

plato is an unknown quantity at this point

going to zim will depend on your race. be careful
Old Jan 8th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Johannesburg-Gaborone

Originally posted by Jeffrey Smith
I am looking for a safe mode of public transportation from Joburg to Gabs in early February. I spent nearly five years in Nata, Botswana, in the early 90's, so I've made the trip several times using the combies. However, this will be my wife's first trip to Southern Africa, and I'm really not ready to subject her the combi experience from Hillbrow. We will probably take the Translux from Capetown to Joburg, so I need to get from the rotunda to Gaborone. Can anyone help?

I had also planned on touring Hwange and Vic Falls from the Zim side but am now considering going staight to Livingstone because of the Mugabe unrest. Any suggestions here?

Sorry you might not like this.
but have you watching the news Africa is a very scary place , why not stay in the USA you have all those States to chose from?? I am sure there are very remote things to see and do its a big place
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:40 pm
todd without nan

toddnan is an unknown quantity at this point

hey jeff, i live pretty near you, in southwest iowa. my fiancee is from tanzania. we met in cape town last august. i really liked cape town, wish i could have seen more of south africa.

yes, we have 50 states here but the midwest is the midwest, regardless of the state its all very similar. and kinda boring too.

hope ya have a great trip jeff!