Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

How best travel from Tangier to Fez and Marrakesh

How best travel from Tangier to Fez and Marrakesh

Old Dec 10th 2003, 10:47 am
Just Joined

prethamani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How best travel from Tangier to Fez and Marrakesh

Would love to get some straightforward info on how best to do this. Not that concerned with cost. More concerned with comfort and getting to see as much as possible along the way.

Am travelling from Algeciras to Tangier by ferry. How often do these ferries run? How can I best find out? Is there a website or fine to just buy tickets at the port?

Then, would like to take the train from Tangier to Fez. Understand that the rail in Tangier is closed. Where is the rail station to get to Fez? How best to get to rail station? How much should I expect to pay? How can I get the schedule for the trains? How long is the trip?

Lastly, would like to take train from Fez to Marrakesh. How long is this trip?

Any problems that I should anticipate along the way (not worried about being hassled by the locals) or arrangements that I should confirm ahead of time? I am currently living in Marbella.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:05 am
Just Joined

niteowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,, hope I am doing this properly

I'd like to know if my fiend who has lived in Vancouver B.C. as a landed immigrant can go to mexico for a holiday jan 21 to feb 3 2004 with her original landed imigrant papers.......or does she HAVE to get the new form..........

get different answers from everyone.......please help us.........thanks andrea[
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How best travel from Tangier to Fez and Marrakesh

I wouldn't bother with the train. If at all possible, the coach is much more comfortable. It is all dirt cheap, but I can find out exactly how much if you are counting pennies.

Originally posted by prethamani
Would love to get some straightforward info on how best to do this. Not that concerned with cost. More concerned with comfort and getting to see as much as possible along the way.

Am travelling from Algeciras to Tangier by ferry. How often do these ferries run? How can I best find out? Is there a website or fine to just buy tickets at the port?

Then, would like to take the train from Tangier to Fez. Understand that the rail in Tangier is closed. Where is the rail station to get to Fez? How best to get to rail station? How much should I expect to pay? How can I get the schedule for the trains? How long is the trip?

Lastly, would like to take train from Fez to Marrakesh. How long is this trip?

Any problems that I should anticipate along the way (not worried about being hassled by the locals) or arrangements that I should confirm ahead of time? I am currently living in Marbella.

Last edited by Leslie; Jan 12th 2004 at 8:55 pm.