Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Ghana resi working in UK marrying UK Citz, help?

Ghana resi working in UK marrying UK Citz, help?

Old Dec 20th 2002, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ghana resi working in UK marrying UK Citz, help?

Can anyone help????.

My Mum is with a guy from Ghana, that is currently here in the UK on a working visa. He work visa is being extended again at the moment by his employer. In Jan they are getting married what is the procedure for applying for a spouse visa once they are married.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a good web page or if anyone knows, it would be a great help.

Thanks Dee
Old Dec 29th 2002, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming your mother is a UK citizen. Once they are married your step-father to be will need to apply for Entry Clearance to the UK. I believe this can only be done outside the UK, it is not possible to change status within the UK. When I was issued my entry clearance it was issued by the Consulate in Canberra in 1 day. After a year he will then need to apply for his permit to remain indefinitely which normally involves spending a day at the Home Office in Croydon.

Try this website for all the answers you need
www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk
Old Dec 29th 2002, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your help.